Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

So very upsetting

chico2
August 30th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Early this morning,we saw a black lab 2 inches away from beeing hit by a car on our very busy street.
Hubby ran out,crossed the street against traffic and grabbed the dog by the collar.
I realized it was the 2 yr old lab,belonging to a girl a couple of houses away.
There are 4 girls living in a house an they are too darn lazy to learn to check if the gates are closed before they let the dog out.
I was soo upset I was shaking,was expecting to hear schreeching brakes and a dog cry out and this is not the first time they do this.
Hubby said,they just casually grabbed the dog from him,no thank you,nothing....what's wrong with some people:evil:

Writing4Fun
August 30th, 2006, 05:34 PM
....what's wrong with some people:evil:
What's wrong is that some people just plain ol' don't care. :sad: As has been said many times on this site - people suck. :( I'm presuming these girls are not children? Is there an adult living in the house, or are they sharing the place? Next time he's out, you're well within your rights to call the police and have them cited for allowing a dog to run loose. That might wake them up a little. :mad:

Prin
August 30th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Next time I'd just rip the tags off and say, Nope, not yours, he's a stray.:evil:

rainbow
August 30th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Well, I would have told the girl exactly what I thought.

chico2
August 30th, 2006, 07:32 PM
They are 4 sort of mature(supposed to be) women late 20's sharing the house,the dog belongs to one of them.
If I had gone to the house,they would have had an ear-ful,but hubby took the dog straight there,afraid to let go of him..and he is not quiet as outspoken as me:frustrated:
Also I was still in my housecoat and too darn upset..