Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

why ****su??

cpietra16
August 30th, 2006, 04:10 PM
Listen, I'm not one to know much about dogs, but this is a questions that may be dumb because i don't know all the inner lingos of the doggie world, but Why do people write ****su, for shih tzu...is it becasue the first part sounds like poop...is it a insider lingo.....please I want to know:yell:

Prin
August 30th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Same reason people write Beagal or Burmese Mountain dog.:shrug:

Writing4Fun
August 30th, 2006, 04:20 PM
LOL! :D I think they write it that way because that's the way it sounds. They just don't know any better. I actually saw an ad in the paper from a 'breeder' (and I use that term loosely) advertising for "Shiatsu" puppies. Imagine that? Puppies and a massage! :rolleyes:

Prin
August 30th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Yeah, there are a couple here that write shiatzu. My dream dog!:D

technodoll
August 30th, 2006, 05:12 PM
but you're missing one of the best dogs... a "rockwilder" :D

joeysmama
August 30th, 2006, 06:46 PM
but you're missing one of the best dogs... a "rockwilder"

LOL !! That's cute. It sounds like a child trying to get the name right.

I have a shih tzu and have the temerity to write it that way too !! Oh well. But a shiatsu sounds great too. And you don't need to hurry home to let your massage out before it "shiatsu's" in the house.:D

rainbow
August 30th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Don't forget about the chiwawa. :D

Stacer
August 30th, 2006, 06:57 PM
what about the doverman pincher?

technodoll
August 30th, 2006, 07:29 PM
i kid you not! from http://www.therealmartha.com/dogfunnies/index.htm

:D :D

Collected from license applications - take your time, gotta think twice on a few.

Westminster Terrier
Rhode Island Ridgeback (Rhodesian)
Palmeranian
Copper Spaniel
Cocker Spaniard
@!#$ Sue (Shih Tzu)
Dorky Terrier
El Paso (Lhasa Apso)
Lopso Apso
Highland Heeler
Alaskan Malibu
Belgian Manawa
Belgium Malenoise
Basket Hound Bagel
Wild Haired Terrier
Carrion Terrier
Wineamimer
Rockwelder
Rockwilder
Rottenwiler
Great Pekingese (Pyrenees)
Great Pyramid
Miniature Datsun
Irish Settler
Jack Daniels Terrier
German Police Man
Chesapeake A Retriever
Borderline Collie
Chevy King Charles (Cavalier)
Government Pinscher

Comments from original sender: They should have added the Masteef or Massive. I have been asked many times if I know how to groom a Tissue (Shih-tzu). A few people have proudly claimed ownership of a Lost A--HOLE (lhasa apso). Today, a woman came in and proudly told me her dog was a licensed AKC Miniature German Shepherd and she paid $800. for it. We also had the St. Bernard Beer Dog once - quite rare! Then there was the Boopier pronounced Boo-pee-a (Bouvier), and we groom quite a few Bitchin' Frizzies (Bichon Frise).

People always asked if Buster (Boston) was a miniature boxer. I answered Lib's background inquiries wth momma was a cock-a-poo and poppa a traveling man. The verdict is still out on Scoopy.

Prin
August 31st, 2006, 12:48 AM
I know a few people who can't say weimeraner... They can spell it, but they can't say it. It's pretty funny (for me).:D

Writing4Fun
August 31st, 2006, 12:51 PM
Oh, these just cracked me up! :crazy: :D

Alaskan Malibu - A rare 4-wheel drive model from Chevy.
Basket Hound Bagel - Great to take along on a picnic.
Rottenwiler - Careful! This one has genetic bowel issues.
Miniature Datsun - Handles way better than a full-sized Datsun.
Jack Daniels Terrier - Yeah! They wish!
Government Pinscher - Wouldn't that be the tax collector? :confused:

HunterXHunter
August 31st, 2006, 01:59 PM
Hehe...

How about...

Basket Hound Bagel - Try one at the Tim Hortons nearest you today!
Jack Daniels Terrier - Goes great with ^ above ^!

EDIT: I must admit tho, that when I was young I used to call Border Collies "Collie Borders" :p

erykah1310
August 31st, 2006, 06:20 PM
I know a few people who can't say weimeraner... They can spell it, but they can't say it. It's pretty funny (for me).
Im one of them!!!:o How exactly is it said????!?!?!?!

I have seen many ads for ****sues among other interesting "breeds"
My favorite was Rockwheeler. And as far as American Cocker Spaneils... let your imagination go wild with that one! :rolleyes:

But in most of the ads for pups from these wonderful dogs, they are VERY good at getting CKC or AKC right!

Hrmmm? BYB'S???? Cant possibly be!!!! ( FYI , extreme sarcasm there)

Frenchy
August 31st, 2006, 06:28 PM
I know a few people who can't say weimeraner... They can spell it, but they can't say it. It's pretty funny (for me).:D
Is this english for braque allemand?:confused:

Prin
August 31st, 2006, 06:33 PM
German pointer.:)

mesaana
August 31st, 2006, 06:54 PM
Weimaraner is "Braque de Weimar" in French.

Writing4Fun
August 31st, 2006, 07:03 PM
Im one of them!!!:o How exactly is it said????!?!?!?! I believe it's pronounced "why-mer-ah-ner", but don't quote me on that. :o

technodoll
August 31st, 2006, 07:27 PM
First, the correct pronunciation of Weimaraner: the W in German is pronounced as a V. thus the German pronunciation is Vi-ma-ronner. However, many people will pronounce it as Y-ma-rayner. Some will just say Weim. Either is correct.

http://www.weimrescue.com/aboutbreed.asp

:)

Prin
August 31st, 2006, 07:28 PM
I say it with a W, even though I know it's german. V is just an ugly sounding letter for a pretty dog. :D I say Why-merr- anner.:shrug:

Writing4Fun
August 31st, 2006, 09:56 PM
I say it with a W, even though I know it's german. V is just an ugly sounding letter for a pretty dog. :D I say Why-merr- anner.:shrug:
Gee, thanks (says the girl whose real name starts with a V). :p I say it with a "W" too, because ... well ... it's spelled with a "W". ;)

Prin
August 31st, 2006, 10:49 PM
lol I knew that would come back to bite me in the hiney. Ok, let me word it this way: the V in Veimeraner doesn't sound as sweet as a W would. Is that better? It's not really about the letter so much as how German has a way of harshening up everything.:D

technodoll
August 31st, 2006, 10:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVhGPRgNedk&search=Firefox%20Fun%20Advertising

he eh hehehhe ehe heehheheheheeeeeee! my all-time favorite ad :D

Prin
August 31st, 2006, 11:06 PM
:rolleyes: (groaner):D

technodoll
August 31st, 2006, 11:11 PM
i remember when this came out, about 20 people forwarded it to our german guy in the west coast office :D We almost got him the t-shirt! LOL

ok sorry for the thread-jack :rolleyes: