Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Murg

mummummum
August 30th, 2006, 12:44 AM
Murg is the only word I could think of to describe a liquid medicine that tastes revolting and has a horribly "mouth-feel" ~ like "panacur" or "bismuth". I was reminded of my ah-ha! success moment when I recently cleaned off old "pepto" squirts from the bottom of a glass table, long drips of panacur from the walls and ceiling etc etc. Isn't it amazing how a dawg can avert their head at the precise moment you press down on the syringe plunger? Murg ~ everywhere. Anywho - my ah-ha! success moment came with the "panacur" (which is truly vile stuff). I cooked up a bunch of liver in a frying pan then braised the pan which some water and pureed a little bit of the liver and pan gravy with the correct dose+ a little bit for "slippage". I guess because liver has such a strong taste it masks the taste of the medicine. I've no problems giving the kermuttskies their murg doses now!

Melei'sMom
August 30th, 2006, 04:13 AM
ROFLMAO

I learned something, and the visuals created be your 'imaginative' words gave me a good laugh.

Thank you!:crazy:

Prin
August 30th, 2006, 12:56 PM
lol Murg... :D

Just try to let the gravy cool though- you wouldn't want to alter the meds with heat...:o