Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Back to square one

Rottielover
August 28th, 2006, 05:15 PM
:yell: Ok today at the new job I was basically told I was stupid. The owner from day one has always compared me to the girl I am replacing(mat leave) but today was just final. He knows that everything is completely new to me, yet he keeps on saying that I am too slow, I do not know what to look for. Yah Duh, that is why I ask questions, well. Today he pulled me into his little office and told me that I have an eval coming up, only 3 weeks into this job.
I was taking this friday off, stated since I started. well what he said was Basically I should know by friday what the results will be. So I reminded him that I will not be in, well his response was. well tough **** for you. So needless to say I am out of a job again. I thought there are learning curves, well I guess he wants the perfect person who I am not. Oh well. Now can I still clain unemployment based on my last job, and not this, my last job was a month a go????
Now I am going to cry myself more stupid....

papillonmama
August 28th, 2006, 05:45 PM
tsk tsk, don't cry, it's okay, nothing that an employer pays is ever worth being degrated, or treated like a jerk. Tell him during your evaluation that you find the comments that he makes wholly unsupportive and inappropriate, that you are sorry for your shortcomings but that learning a new job is difficult and perfection is a difficult feat, made even more difficult by an unsupportive employer.

I can't remember how it works, but try explaining the situation to someone at EI, could be worth it and there may be someone friendly. You can look up the stipulations of EI here...

http://www1.servicecanada.gc.ca/en/gateways/individuals/cluster/category/ei.shtml

Writing4Fun
August 28th, 2006, 07:52 PM
I believe you're still eligible. I think it's based on having worked the required number of weeks in the past year - regardless as to how many jobs you had to work to get those required weeks. Definitely call someone at EI. They're usually pretty friendly & helpful.

Chin up. Obviously, this guy has issues and shouldn't be in a position of authority. Is there someone higher than him you can complain to? Even if you do get fired, you should still complain. It might make a difference to the next person. Don't let him get you down, though. There should definitely be allowances for a learning curve. He's just being an a$$. :mad:

Rottielover
August 28th, 2006, 08:02 PM
this is a family run company. A total of 4 people working including me. There is no one to complain to. How in the heck can I bring myself to go back tomorrow ??????

poodletalk
August 28th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Are you fired or are you quitting?

You can always report him to Norme du Travail (sp) for harrasment or mental abuse.

Frenchy
August 28th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Poodletalk's right,it is harrasment.Nobody's has the right to talk to an employe that way.I'm pretty sure you will be still eligible.

technodoll
August 28th, 2006, 09:50 PM
what a *****head. i hate it when people think they are greather-than-thou and tinkle on everybody they deem inferior to them. hah. fear not, what goes around comes around... walk away from this job that is not worth your while NOR your skills, and just around the corner the perfect jobs awaits you with better pay, better work conditions, and a team who will love you for who you are. i DO believe in coincidences like these! :highfive: