Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I've got a goofy golden!

bubbaganouche
August 27th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Greetings and salutations!

My best pal is an 11 month old golden - not the first one I've owned, but this is certainly the most 'interesting'. He has this bizarre habit of nosing his food bowl around the house when he eats - shooting kibble everywhere. He also uses his nose to stuff a towel into his bowl, while he's eating. I thought perhaps he didn't like his dog food -Purina one puppy formula. So, I switched him to Pedigree healthy start. He gobbled it up the first few days, now he's back to his bizarro bahaviour. Ain't never seen nuthin like this afore! Anyone have any thoughts and/or comments?

Have a simply delightful day!

Bubba

glasslass
August 27th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Welcome! Gotta see this goofball! Pictures?

Writing4Fun
August 27th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Hi there and welcome! :D I've known plenty of dogs who've 'chased' their dishes across the kitchen floor. But I've never seen one stuff a towel into his bowl. :confused: Perhaps he's trying to 'bury' the food? Maybe feed him smaller portions more frequently throughout the day, so he doesn't feel the need to save some for later? :shrug: At any rate, GlassLass is right - we all love to see pictures! :thumbs up

rainbow
August 27th, 2006, 09:59 PM
Welcome to the board, Bubba. We'd love to see pics of your goofy puppy. :D

Purina and Pedigree are not very healthy foods. Please check out the dog food forum here for some better choices. :dog:

Prin
August 27th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Welcome to the board!

:D Rainbow, you have to be more subtle... More like:
Pedigree and Purina, eh? Why not check out the food forum to see what the rest of us recommend?
;)

rainbow
August 27th, 2006, 11:38 PM
Well, I guess I'm still learning. :o

Prin
August 28th, 2006, 12:07 AM
It's ok. We just don't want to scare Bubba away.. I'm still learning too- I've been here for a year and a half and I still forgot to ask for pics. :rolleyes:

So, uhh.. Any pics of this goofy golden?

Furbaby Momma
August 28th, 2006, 07:49 AM
Hi Bubba,
Welcome to Pets.ca it is a wonderful pet information forum, where you will learn a lot. I share my life with three Goldens and a Chocolate Lab, so I know what you mean by the goofiness. There is a wonderful Pet Food Forum here where you can read about different food choices that well informed members have written about. Myself I feed Solid Gold Wolf King it is a perfect food for my furkids, also your Golden is old enough to be eating adult food just make sure you do the change over gradually, may I suggest using a weighted food dish it might help with the travelling bowl. My Retrievers like to carry the face cloths every time I have my bath ( I need to use four face cloths to make sure they each get one :D ) then they carry them around the house Rooo...Rooo...Rooing and walking all proud.
As the others said, looking forward to seeing pictures of your best pal.

mummummum
August 28th, 2006, 07:55 AM
I think I can say with certainty that I have never met an Golden who is not goofy. But each of them are goofy in their own uniquely goofy way ~ ya just can't help but love them! So bring on the pictures already!

Jerseygirl
August 29th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Hi & welcome Bubba!

I go along with the rest of them here, let's see your goofy golden.:crazy:

A Victor ~ Not A Victim
NiNa

Angies Man
August 29th, 2006, 09:46 PM
You're not officially welcome til you post some pics of your baby.:sorry: