Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pawz sucks...

dtbmnec
August 27th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Litterally.

He sucks on everything from people to cats to towels. This doesn't bother me at all (unless I'm trying to do something at the time...he does have a knack for ill-timing) and confuses the heck out of Arron. Cool. Ok so he wants comfort from me. Not a problem.

But why would he suck on Leo's (now non-existant) erm...nuts? And what is with not only his but all three cat's obsession with licking that area? I mean I know that it tells them who they are etc. and stuff like that but its rather wierd to watch. I mean its not looking like its grooming and it goes on too long to be identification. Is there something I'm missing? I mean they're around each other 24 hours a day so they should already KNOW who they are! They don't go outside and it doesn't just happen when one of them has come back from the vet either. It almost seems like they're thinking "well it's 2am so let's break Megan's brain and do something wierd" lol

I'm starting to wonder if I've managed to inherit all gay cats! :p

Megan

rainbow
August 27th, 2006, 07:15 PM
He sucks on everything from people to cats to towels.

Hee Hee....get him a soother. :crazy:

LM1313
August 27th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Ha ha, that sounds like my cats! I call them my sweet, gay kitties. :D Booster is the obsesso sucking one (most of the time on Remy's neck or chest.) Remy has a driving need to lick Booster's butt. But Booster doesn't like him doing it, so Remy has to sneak up on him while he's sleeping. Booster also does the "mount and neckbite " thing when they play-wrestle. Even though they're both neutered! :rolleyes:

dtbmnec
August 27th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Ha ha, that sounds like my cats! I call them my sweet, gay kitties. :D Booster is the obsesso sucking one (most of the time on Remy's neck or chest.) Remy has a driving need to lick Booster's butt. But Booster doesn't like him doing it, so Remy has to sneak up on him while he's sleeping. Booster also does the "mount and neckbite " thing when they play-wrestle. Even though they're both neutered! :rolleyes:

Ok just so I know that its not just my cats...I was beginning to wonder...

Someone once told me that most animals are bi-sexual...just for the sake of the species they do the whole mating with the opposite sex...:shrug:

Megan

jiorji
August 27th, 2006, 08:20 PM
umm they do that to clean themselves. Kinda like you taking a shower every day. Nothing wrong with that

Writing4Fun
August 27th, 2006, 10:51 PM
Someone once told me that most animals are bi-sexual...just for the sake of the species they do the whole mating with the opposite sex...:shrug:
Ummmmm.....no. Sexuality is a purely human thing. Animals don't mate for pleasure (yeah, yeah, except for dolphins, I know :rolleyes: ). They mate for the sole purpose of the continuation of the species, creating offspring. It is physically impossible to produce offspring with an animal of the same gender. Whenever an animal seems to 'go through the motions' with another animal of the same sex, it's for a reason other than procreation. Domination, more than likely.

LM1313
August 27th, 2006, 11:10 PM
Ummmmm.....no. Sexuality is a purely human thing. Animals don't mate for pleasure (yeah, yeah, except for dolphins, I know :rolleyes: ). .

And bonobos! :D

They mate for the sole purpose of the continuation of the species, creating offspring. It is physically impossible to produce offspring with an animal of the same gender. Whenever an animal seems to 'go through the motions' with another animal of the same sex, it's for a reason other than procreation. Domination, more than likely.

This is generally true, but not always. Multiple zoos have found that penguins will bond in male-male pairings. Not only do they mate, but they try to hatch eggs . . . but of course, they can't lay eggs, so they find a rock about the same size as an egg and sit on that. :rolleyes: One zoo felt sorry for their male pair and gave them a real egg, which they hatched. They are very attentive parents. :thumbs up A different zoo tried to split up their male pairs . . . separating the penguins into two different exhibits and making sure there were plenty of "single" female penguins available. But most of the males paired up with different males instead. ;)

dtbmnec
August 27th, 2006, 11:29 PM
umm they do that to clean themselves. Kinda like you taking a shower every day. Nothing wrong with that

Yes but they seem to do this almost obsessively...*shakes head* It's just a little wierd to see that is all...

Megan

Writing4Fun
August 27th, 2006, 11:31 PM
This is generally true, but not always. Multiple zoos have found that penguins will bond in male-male pairings. Not only do they mate, but they try to hatch eggs . . . but of course, they can't lay eggs, so they find a rock about the same size as an egg and sit on that. :rolleyes: One zoo felt sorry for their male pair and gave them a real egg, which they hatched. They are very attentive parents. :thumbs up A different zoo tried to split up their male pairs . . . separating the penguins into two different exhibits and making sure there were plenty of "single" female penguins available. But most of the males paired up with different males instead. ;)
Of course, there's always the exception to every rule. Ooohhhh....this topic could become very controversial, very quickly. Better to just let sleeping penguins lie. ;) Suffice to say it's not the norm, and most times you'll see mounting and biting of genitalia as a show of dominance.

jiorji
August 28th, 2006, 12:02 AM
Yes but they seem to do this almost obsessively...*shakes head* It's just a little wierd to see that is all...

Megan

cats are compulsive cleaners. Mine sleep 18 hours a day and when away they clean themselves. ANd oh boy do they do a thorough job. Must get every little inch of that chubby belly cleaned.

Cinnabear
August 28th, 2006, 12:11 AM
Well cats are not the only ones doing it, my male dogs do it too. :D I did read humping was for dominance but cleaning each other I don't know.

dtbmnec
August 29th, 2006, 11:44 AM
*sigh* why do cats pick the most inopportune times to suck on you? WHY? I'm in the middle of feeding them and Pawz has decided that its *THE* time to suck on me...:confused:

So if this is a comfort thing, thne ummm does that mean I'm being deficient in some way? Or is he just going to do this for the next million years? The boyfriend really thinks its wierd...heh he wants me to stop him from doing this but I don't really care. :)

Megan