Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dart update...

dtbmnec
August 27th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Ok well I'm still not sure what is actually happening with Dart (ie. SPCA vs. rescue vs. whatever) and won't know until later tonight.

His health on the other hand...it turns out that kittens tend to get little sneezy viruses when they're young like Dart is...so Dart is fine...$110 to see the vet to tell me this and another 15 or so for the deworming med. Least I got him dewormed anyway.

Boyfriend told me to wait (until tomorrow)...I feel like I've been totally over-reacting...both credit cards maxed to deworm the cat...*shakes head* I probably should have waited until tomorrow where it would have cost me $80 for it all, not $140...bah...I'm never going to hear the end of it from Arron. :frustrated:

So he's healthy...he's alive...he's pooping as we speak...and he's been dewormed again...

I did find out today that because he's a calico its rather rare for him to be...well a him! So the vet tech took him to show the other vet tech! lol :cat: Of course finding this out only makes me want him more....'cept if I took him instead of giving him up Pawz and Leo would suffer (well I'd be dead cuz the parents AND Arron would have all killed me)...I wouldn't be able to afford to give Dart the care he needs (ie. no shots, no neutering, etc)

So I'm not sure whether I should be happy or pissed off or whatever. Arrrg. Next time a kitten comes by remind me to wait until a weekday!

Megan

P.S. As to deworming Leo/Pawz the vet tech suggested that I wait for a month and do a sample to see if they do have have worms...at least that way I'm not giving them unnecessary meds. In a month both kitties will have been neutered and recovered and Dart will be gone. Pretty much what I was thinking myself (though without the fecal sample thing). :)

rainbow
August 27th, 2006, 06:14 PM
I did find out today that because he's a calico its rather rare for him to be...well a him! So the vet tech took him to show the other vet tech! lol


Hmmm....maybe one of the vet techs would like to give him a home?

dtbmnec
August 27th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Hmmm....maybe one of the vet techs would like to give him a home?

lol I asked...unfortunately the one I was talking to already has three (all of which were special needs) since her hubby is a vet and wants them...I don't know about the one in the back though...:( I should have asked.

I'll ask my vet when I go in later this week to give an update on Pawz if they know of anyone who wants a male calico...:)

Megan

rainbow
August 27th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Do they have a bulletin board there so you can put up a sign to try and get him a new home? :cat:

dtbmnec
August 27th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Not really because it was the emergency vet that I visited today....I am going to ask our vet about it in the next few days...

I also just emailed the place that I got Pawz from to see what they had to say. I'm aware that they can't place him right away and that's fine with me I just...the vet scares me...rather the bills do...

We'll take it from there to see what else we can do....I suppose I could do the wierd thing and put up an ad but I don't know how comfortable I'd be randomly walking into another person's house either (I'd always check out the place before homing him)....arg!

Megan

rainbow
August 27th, 2006, 07:07 PM
I'd always check out the place before homing him....


Most definitely. I just thought that if the ad was put on a bulletin board at the vets office to find a home for Dart then hopefully the person would be a responsible cat mom or dad. The vet would know for sure. ;)

dtbmnec
August 28th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Well my friend is still bent on keeping Dart though I have convinced her to talk to me before giving him up (if she does). We're gonna head into Burlington tomorrow to see if she can get a job (I'm just gonna come along for the heck of it/company) since jobs are rampant out there (again a friend was out there for less than 24 hours and had about six SOLID job offers). I'd get a job out there except its not worth it for part time work (125 bucks transport out of the 500 a month I'm making? Yeah....). So long as she gets job offers I think she'll be ok. She is a hard worker, she's just...not motivated (and it didn't help that the bf was "providing" for her and so she needn't have worried much).

She is going to be staying for another month or so (provided she has a job) just because it will take that long for her to get set up and save enough for first/last. She also owes me money and has it written down about the vet bill. *sigh* I hope she gets a job and gets her life back on track. She said she'd help out with groceries/bills a bit before she goes too.

I hope it all works out for her...I really do...if not well I'm gonna see what's going on with the rescue I got Pawz from...got an email back and they'd like to see a picture. :) I'm gonna give her another week or so to get a job before really asking the hard questions (at least if in a week she's got a job then I know there will be money going into the kitten come pay day).

Dart on the other hand is one STINKY kitty! I can only imagine its a result of the dewormers so we're going to keep an eye out on him. OMG though. Ugh I thought I was done with the radioactive poop! Well maybe not the poop but at least the smell. Oof. lol of course having said this, he is eating and playing properly (in fact he's attacking Leo right now (Leo's winning)) so he's obviously not particularly sick. Little bugger needs to learn that on linoleum, PAWS works better than CLAWS. I swear he must have linoleum burn on his rear end from running around the corner and sliding all the time! lol

:)

Megan