Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Do you beleive in signs?

raingirl
August 27th, 2006, 12:06 PM
I bought a pair of pants from Jacob. They are sorta like denim, but black with a slight shimmer. I thought they would look really good with solid colour tops, sweaters, etc, but I wasn't sure if I had enough shirts to make buying them worth it. So I bought them anyway.

I decided to bring them back, because I don't have alot of tops to match them, and I couldn't find any new cloths that really matched. I get to the store, and as soon as she is about to do the return transaction, the system crashes. They only have one cash, and after 20 minutes and a call to tech support, it is still down.

I took it as a sign to keep the pants. What do you think?

erykah1310
August 27th, 2006, 12:30 PM
Im not a big fan of fate or signs or the term " everything happens for a reason":mad: (insert guitar smash wink from MSN here)

I doubt the "higher powers" care if you buy the jeans or not!!:D

However perhaps since you feel that way, go search for some shirts to match, its a good excuse to shop some more!! :thumbs up

Prin
August 27th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Sometimes I believe in signs, but not really for pants.:D

Puppyluv
August 27th, 2006, 02:28 PM
I think it's a plea from Jacob to keep the pants :p
Sometimes I go days on end where I make choices based on whether an inane thing happens. Example: Ok soo if I step off of the curb onto the street before the white hand changes to the flashing red walking man, then I will go buy some new clothing, if it changes before I have my foot on the road, then I'm going home. If I get to the bus stop and I see the bus just pulling away, or if I have to wait more than 10 minutes for the bus, I'm changing my degree, if I get there right on time, then I'll keep my old one. (these are both real examples... in the first case I went home, in the second case, I changed my degree)

Prin
August 27th, 2006, 02:29 PM
ooo I do that with the radio.. Montreal radio SUCKS, so I say, "If there's a good song on the radio, it means this will happen".:D

rainbow
August 27th, 2006, 02:54 PM
How about the song "Signs, Signs, Everywhere a Sign"? :D

Cinnabear
August 27th, 2006, 02:55 PM
It's a sign that they didn't want the pants back. :D If your not going to wear them try taking them again and hopefully this time the system doesn't crash.

jiorji
August 27th, 2006, 04:07 PM
lol no because to me it means you let a random act of technology failure to decide the future for you. If i bought soemthing I had no use for i'd stay there until the system was up or go to another store and return. I need money in my bank account not in the form of objects, because the good old days of trading are over and they no longer accept clothing in exchange for groceries. :mad: :o hehehe

I do however believe in intuition and I think that if for example I decide to take a different route home instead of my usual, then maybe that's for a reason. Or if i stop by the SPCA unexpectedly and find an animal in need, then that might've been something unusual.

Writing4Fun
August 27th, 2006, 04:43 PM
LOL! You guys crack me up. I'm with Prin. I believe in signs/fate/kismet/instinct/intuition/whatever, but it has to be a little more significant than pants and a system crash (neither of which are terribly unusual these days). ;)

raingirl
August 27th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Well, I took it as a sign that since I wasn't 100% sure whether I was going to keep them or not, that the system crash just tipped me over the line.

technodoll
August 27th, 2006, 05:54 PM
i wanna see those pants! :queen: