Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

moving with kitties a success!

Stacer
August 27th, 2006, 09:21 AM
It's been a while since I've been here for more than a minute or two to check in. We successfully moved with our cats yesterday. We moved everything to our new place first then with the last load we brought the cats. The were a bit tentative at first, slowly moving around the new apartment. We had their toys out and most furniture in place so they had some of their familiar stuff immediately. It did't take long for them to start exploring. Finn hid for a little bit under the couch but would come out if I called her. Angus has become extra snuggly, I think this will pass after he feels more settled in and he'll be his old plain snuggly self. They've discovered the joys of pigeons, which we didn't have at our old place. We're on the top floor of our building 12 floors up. We have new challenges now, the balcony will need to be kitty proofed, we would like to bring them out there supervised on their harnesses. In our old place they could roam our hallway cause we only had 3 other apts on our floor and everyone was friendly. They will not get hallway time here, which is sad because they love it so much. They will adjust. We're just so happy that it all went so smoothly.

rainbow
August 27th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Glad to hear your move was a success. Cats always adjust well. I'm sure they will really enjoy going out on the balcony once you get it kitty proofed. :cat:

jiorji
August 27th, 2006, 12:56 PM
oh yes pigeons!! your kitties will LOVE them!

I too live on the top floor and we have pigeons too and in winter they sit on the balcony and the kitties get all huffy and puffy and make their attack noise. I have to supervise them on the balcony because the balconies are all connected and i've had to chase after them as they followed birdies flying further down on the roof :rolleyes:

glasslass
August 27th, 2006, 08:42 PM
Can't wait for the "looking out the window at pigeons" photo! (visualizing Chico's famous photo):cat: :cat: