Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

More Women Prefer Dogs Over Husbands

technodoll
August 27th, 2006, 12:49 AM
hah! i knew it! :D

An online poll released by DogCatRadio.com, shows more women would rather have a pet than a husband.

Of the 103,900 votes cast in a period of seven days, an overwhelming 78% voted for a furry rather than a hairy companion. The poll has a sampling error of plus or minus three percentage points.

While it's been said that a dog is "Man's best friend", the radio station says that 87% of its listeners are women between the ages of 23-49.

"Life's too short to commit to someone you will need to know over time," says Nancy Keller, 29. "I'd rather have a pet and simply date. Less stress on everyone involved."

In a somewhat related subject, we published the results of a survey which showed that 51% of the respondents blame their spouse for disturbing their sleep, while only 38% blamed their pet.

from http://www.doggienews.com/

rainbow
August 27th, 2006, 01:14 AM
An online poll released by DogCatRadio.com, shows more women would rather have a pet than a husband.

So, all you have to do is find a hubby that loves animals as much as you do, which usually isn't very hard. ;)

Of the 103,900 votes cast in a period of seven days, an overwhelming 78% voted for a furry rather than a hairy companion.

Especially if the guy has excessive body hair. :D

Prin
August 27th, 2006, 01:25 AM
Marriages also last longer if there's a dog in the house... Seems like womens are much happier with a mutt around either way.:D

rainbow
August 27th, 2006, 01:46 AM
Do you mean some husbands are mutts? :D

Maya
August 27th, 2006, 03:35 AM
I've also heard single woman live longer. They probably had pets too :cat: :dog:

dtbmnec
August 27th, 2006, 04:03 AM
Well when the pet gets old you really don't have to nag at them....:p

I want me a puppy when I grow up...lol rather when I get out of school and have a good job....and maybe a kid or two (I am stopping production at two...no more!)...then maybe I'll think about a hubby :p

Megan

technodoll
August 27th, 2006, 10:54 AM
i guess dogs don't leave the toilet seat up very often :D

Daisy_Mae
August 27th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Marriages also last longer if there's a dog in the house... Seems like womens are much happier with a mutt around either way.:D

Hmm...I think having 2 dogs, a foster dog and 6 cats is going to be the death of my marriage:rolleyes: but I am much happier surrounded by my furry friends!

SnowDancer
August 28th, 2006, 12:06 AM
People with pets are supposed to have better blood pressure. Mine is perfect - even when I am bouncing off the walls! Can't say the same for husband though.

rainbow
August 28th, 2006, 12:36 AM
OK, so I have dogs, cats, a hubby and high blood pressure. Does that mean the hubby is the cause. :D

vfrohloff
August 28th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Yeah, I have to say that when my dog Sophie takes food off the kitchen counter at least she doesn't leave the empty wrapper sitting there like my DH does :rolleyes: However, I think I prefer DH over my dog Benny after he's gotten into the cat food and has the splats all over my kitchen floor :D Last I checked, DH uses the toilet for such things.