Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Found Rottie X in London, ON

bgracing
August 26th, 2006, 04:18 PM
My brother and I were coming home from work last night at about 3:45am and we were coming from the 401 down Highbury when (just passed the Highbury and Hamilton Rd Intersection) a dog walked out in front of our car and acrossed the road. We stopped and the dog was friendly and came right up to us. We looked around and waited to see if anyone would come from a near by house but noone did. So we brought the dog into our car and brought it back to our place where it currently is.

The dog is what appears to be a Rottie X and appears to be quite old. We now need help tracking down the owner. It had expired tags (from 2004) on it but when we called LACC to see if they could help we were told they could not give out that information and that they could send a Police to come and get him at which point they would assess him? Any Ideas as to what we could/should do. Going to call the local shelters to see if any one has reported anything but if there is anything else we could do that would be great.

So far from him being in our house we have gathered that he is very well behaved around other dogs (German Shepherd and Husky) as well as get along with cats. I have attached two pics of him.

Thank you in advance.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d31/bgracingandfreestyle/000_0691.jpg

bgracing
August 26th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Sorry for the size of the pictures but not sure how to resize. Here is another one. This dog is VERY well behaved and loves attention, someone has to be missing this dog.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d31/bgracingandfreestyle/Found1.jpg

chico2
August 26th, 2006, 04:21 PM
I cannot give you any advice,but thank's for taking this poor guy in,hopefully there is an owner out there looking for him:fingerscr

bgracing
August 31st, 2006, 05:21 PM
Sydney has been brought back to his owners he is happy and so are they. Thanks.

Mom_Of_Two_Dogs
August 31st, 2006, 06:46 PM
I am so happy to hear this!

rainbow
August 31st, 2006, 07:04 PM
Great news and kudos to you for re-uniting Sydney with his owners. :highfive:

chico2
September 1st, 2006, 07:07 AM
I bet the owners are happy and will be keeping a closer eye on him,it could have been a very different ending for this dog had you not cared,thank's:highfive: