Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What a week!

erykah1310
August 26th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Well im home now for the next 2 days and then back to Blind River to work!!!:frustrated:
It was the first time EVER that i left my doggies for a full week. THey had to go to a boarding kennel cause the lady that was supposed to stay here with them was gone on vacation.

It was stressfull. I had nightmares the first 2 nights about the dogs getting hurt or running away. Then the last 3 nights I had nightmares about the GINORMOUS spiders at the motel I was staying at!!!!!:eek: :yuck:

Im happy to be home for the time being and cant wait till next friday because I should be working locally again:fingerscr

I dont understand how people can "give away" or rehome a beloved pet!! 5 days was unbearable to me!

rainbow
August 26th, 2006, 11:59 AM
I know how you feel. Fourteen years ago we had to leave our three dogs at a kennel. We had checked it out previously and it looked okay. We were gone four days and when we picked up the dogs I couldn't believe my eyes. :eek:

There was only one light on...I guess all the other bulbs burnt out at the same time and she hadn't bothered to replace them yet. :eek:

I'd left a bag of dog food there and it was sitting in a puddle of urine. :eek:

My husky had a 6 inch by 2 inch strip of fur missing from his arm. :eek:

When we got the dogs home all three were vomitting after I fed them their supper. :sad:

I felt so bad for leaving them there and felt like the worst mom ever. To make matters worse my dogs weren't all happy to see me. It was like they were punishing me and I certainly couldn't blame them. :(

I took them all to the vet the next day and they were all put on antibiotics. I was furious and let everyone know it and within a month she no longer operated a kennel. But, to this day I have never left any of my dogs since then at a kennel.

Prin
August 26th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Oh, we can't go anywhere without the doggies. I just don't trust people with them.

:grouphug: