Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Where Are You From & What Do You Do?

Jerseygirl
August 26th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Hi! :)
I thought we can start a thread letting everyone know where we're from & what we do for a living in hopes of getting to know each other. ;) If I'm way off base by asking this :sorry: & please tell me.

My name is NiNa, I'm a 36 single white female. I live in the southern part of NJ with my best friend Casey :dog:. I totally enjoy my home business b/c it gives me supplemental as well as residual income & the flexibilty to live life the way I want!

A Victor ~ Not A Victim
NiNa

next....

Joey.E.CockersMommy
August 26th, 2006, 09:07 AM
:D I think we did this before :D

My name is Jackie - I am married mom of 3 kids - one of them is Joey and he is furry with four legs and long floppy ears.

I live in the North Okanagan - when I am not busy playing with my kids, getting stuff out of Joeys fur again :eek: You can find lurking me on Pets.ca :dog:

Oh yes and I work full time casual right now for BC Hyrdo doing customer service in their call centre.

erykah1310
August 26th, 2006, 09:33 AM
My name is Erika, I am from the West Nippissing area ( near North Bay and Sudbury) In Northern Ontario Canada.
I have no human children for Icannot afford them due to my fur babies!!!!;) However I have 3 dogs 6 cats and 4 rabbits ( plus a few rescues that i am fostering)

I work for Hydro one reading meters ( really like this job)

I am saving to purchase the house I have lived in for 4 years and one day.... one day.. hope to have 2 children of the human kind!!!

Joey.E.CockersMommy
August 26th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Hey Erykah I get to ask customers about their doggies so the metre readers can give them treats :D thats in BC though :D Do you carry doggie treats with you. :D

erykah1310
August 26th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Yes and I am VERY generous with them too! We have an avid "sprayer" amung our group whom I am at my wits end with though!!! He refuses to give treats and I am starting to loose my patience with him!:frustrated:

But thats the best part of my day!!! Coming up to a house with a big Rottie or Pittie ( which no one else will read the meter and we have immense messages about) and after a treat these dogs are the kindest animals and will follow me around the house while I read! It makes me all warm inside when a few treats wins a dogs heart over!!!:)

rainbow
August 26th, 2006, 11:11 AM
:D I think we did this before :D

Yeah, we did....here's the link:

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=26869

I live in the beautiful West Kootenays, B.C. I'm married, no human kids, but mom to a siberian husky, a yellow lab, a white and black long haired cat and a siamese cross.

Cathy1
August 26th, 2006, 11:19 AM
I'm 36 from Southern Ontario. I'm married with no human kids and no plans on it. I have 2 Shepherd/Collie crosses Duke & Jasper and a Brown Tabby named Zoey. Right now I'm a stay at home Mom to my fur babies but am thinking about returning to work if husband agrees. He said if I'm going to have pets I should be at home with them. That was the agreement when we bought our home and decided I wanted some animals.

Rick C
August 26th, 2006, 11:28 AM
I'm 47 . . . . . a stockbroker/financial advisor for 19 years with a bank firm in Calgary . . . . married for 21 years to Mrs. C, living on an acreage southwest of Calgary . . . . . two Golden Retrievers and four cats.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

phoenix
August 26th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Hi I'm Dyanne, I live in Peterborough Ontario with my husband and 2 dogs, Sam (a lab boxer x) and Maia (boxer). I also have a 46 gallon community fish tank and a 10 g betta tank. No kids. We are both teachers, but I am on a sabbatical teaching for the University (Faculty of Education; biology and science teaching).

Prin
August 26th, 2006, 01:35 PM
I'm Prin. I'm just north of Montreal. And I'm a slacker with two furry beasties.:shrug:

jesse's mommy
August 26th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Hi I'm Kelly. I'm 31 years old, unmarried, but living in sin with my honey of almost five and a half years. :evil: Anyway, we have one spoiled baby name Jesse who is about two and a half years old and we also have a 55 gallon fish tank with lots of fishies in it. I am a Sales Rep for the snacks division of Kellogg's and have been with them for five and a half years.

Edit to add because I forgot the entire question. We moved to Orlando, FL in the beginning of the year and before that lived in Ocean City, MD for just over two years and before that was born and raised outside of Philadelphia, Pa.

Puppyluv
August 26th, 2006, 01:50 PM
I'm Becca, born in the Canadian Rockies, From Calgary, Live in Montreal. I go to school (McGill), getting a major in human physiology with a triple minor in neurobiology, psychology and philosophy. I work at the 'Bucks, and until recently, babysat for a family with three children under 5. I have one dog, a 2yo lab/whippet cross, and try to steal my parents' dog, a 10 yo Groenendael, when ever I go home... uhh I could go on, but I think y'all would get annoyed by my lengthy description of where I spend weekends/summers/winters etc, what I want to do when I graduate, etc... so I'll stop now.

Prin
August 26th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Puppyluv, you're not in med school yet?

dtbmnec
August 26th, 2006, 02:20 PM
I'm Megan, first time pet owner (I don't count the hamster...no where near as difficult as cats), I'm a Computer Networking Student at Mohawk College (Hamilton Ontario). I'm 21 years old, I haven't got a job, I'm living off of...well I'm not sure exactly...lol I have a boyfriend of a year and a half named Arron and I've lived with him since May.

I have two demons...I mean cats...who love to play all night and wake the neighbours. If I were to make a Pinky and the Brain reference, then I would say that Leo is Pinky while Pawz is the Brain. Leo gets in trouble a lot but I think its cuz Pawz puts him up to it! :p They're just so nasty and horrid when they come up to me and purr at me, the evil little buggers. They know when they've done wrong (they get extra purry) and they STILL get into everything!

Megan

Jerseygirl
August 26th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Yeah, we did....here's the link:

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=26869

I live in the beautiful West Kootenays, B.C. I'm married, no human kids, but mom to a siberian husky, a yellow lab, a white and black long haired cat and a siamese cross.

I knew there was something I really liked about you rainbow. :D I love siberian Huskies & Labs! :dog:

When I was a kid I had a Red haired Siberian with one blue eye. He was an awesome dog! :love:

rainbow
August 26th, 2006, 04:19 PM
:offtopic: One of my last two siberians was a red/white with one blue eye and one hazel eye and the other was black/white with blue eyes. They had the same father but different moms. They are awesome dogs and I absolutely love the breed.

Now everyone can get back to their introductions. :D

joeysmama
August 26th, 2006, 04:55 PM
I'm Mary Beth (I think there's another Mary Beth somewhere on the boards?)

I live in Northern Jersey and came here last year when my first dog, a shih tzu rescue was sick. I got great advice and now know so much more about doggies. I now have a one year old shih tzu, Cooper, and we're thinking about adding a rescue in the fall or spring. We just have to find the right dog who really needs us. :pawprint:

I'm older than dirt, married for 25 years to Tom and have a 24 year old son and 20 year old daughter. So the nest is empty most of the time, except for the Coop dog.

I taught elementary school a long time ago and have been a stay at home mom since then. I now do some public speaking at church and women's groups which I LOVE !!!! I can't believe anyone gives me money for that--I would pay THEM (sssshh, don't let that get around)

I also work for Marilu Henner (from Taxi and Evening Shade) She has written a series of books on maintaining a healthy lifestyle and I work as an adminstrator and coach on her website. She's so sweet, and incredibly dynamic, so that's another great job !

Oh, and my husband and I own a consulting firm. Advanced Retirement Solutions. (401K and profit sharing plans, stuff like that) Well I do mostly nothing with that, since I'm so not qualified. But I send the cards to the clients when they have babies, and I pay the attorney and the software company. Oh, and I know how to use the fax machine--LOL !! Other than those few things I'm pretty useless. In fact I usually use the fax to have restaurants send me their menus.:rolleyes: So I'm pretty much just "supportive wife". It's better for the marriage this way.;)

RVT092481
August 26th, 2006, 06:12 PM
I live in southwestern ontario with my hubby, black lab, 2 cats (orange/tan tabby and black kitty), 5 zebra danios and beta bertha. I am an RVT (registered veterinary technician) and wouldn't be doing anything else with my life!
I'm 25 yo.

Schwinn
August 26th, 2006, 06:43 PM
I'm not from Keswick, but I live there right now. Currently on parental leave (for one more week :( ) then back to the world's worst job. Pursuing a career in policing, and developing a mountain bike website, and also have started a line of women's bike wear.

Feral_cats
August 26th, 2006, 06:52 PM
im 18 , from the 905/416 , im single , i have one beautiful daughter , have 2 dogs , 5 cats , + a couple cat and kitten fosters and a pit bull foster , + my 2 other babies a '67 shelby cobra GT350 and my '88 'stang.. both street racing cars(both street legal ) , i work for a animal shelter , i race my cars (it pays for them) :cool: , and sing for a band (we just recently reunited)

glasslass
August 26th, 2006, 10:26 PM
I'm Dodie. I live in the Central Valley of Calif. I have 2 little boys (shhhh! Both poodles, but they don't know it), a budgie, and a bunch of goldfish in a pond (I just can't count them - I think about 24). I've been married 39 years, no kids. I've retired once already from the phone co and now work in the community college library. My login name is because I do stained glass

Byrd
August 26th, 2006, 10:35 PM
My name is Judy (Jude I prefer), I'm 32-years-old, um... single, well, sort of considering my boyfriend lives 9000 km away. I live in Oshawa Ontario, in a basement apartment. I have one little girl, Willow, and together we have many, many hobbies... Flyball, Agility, Frisbee, etc. I work as a Visual Field Technician at a medical clinic. I will be heading (back) to Egypt in November to see 'hubby'. Currently, I am dealing with immigration, doggy school, and the decision whether or not to have jaw surgery.

My nickname has been mine since I was 12-years-old or so.

Puppyluv
August 27th, 2006, 12:03 AM
Puppyluv, you're not in med school yet?

Nahhhh.... Haven't applied yet, I want to finish my Bull **** degree (BSc), and since I decided to do three minors, it's taking a little while :p

Prin
August 27th, 2006, 12:36 AM
since I decided to do three minors, it's taking a little while Three minors eh? All at the same time? The cops don't mind? :D (It was either that or a joke about miners, but that just wasn't working. Ok, neither does this..).

Why three minors though? You like school that much or does it look good on your transcript?:p

Glasslass, when I first came here, I thought you were glassglass with DenDen.:o You know, it matched.:o

Melei'sMom
August 27th, 2006, 08:24 AM
My name is Teresa, I live in Spruce Grove, Alberta with my hubby of 10 years 3 sons ages 15, 13 and 9 and my daughter is 11. We have Melei, a shihtzu cross 8 months old, 3 hamsters Delilah and Julius and Mouse, a golden gecko, Apollo, a 35 gal guppy tank with a pleco named Eureka and a Betta in a 5 gal, Ming-Yu.

When I am not cleaning cages, walking the dog or vacuuming the tanks, I work 2 nights a week as a night auditor at a hotel and 2 days on the front desk and doing books for my Hubby and his partner at the repair shop we all own in Stony Plain or being the Mini level co-ordinator for Parkland Basketball.

For fun I surf the net ( well just park at pets.ca most of the time lol) and paint. I am currently self teaching chinese watercolor.

meb999
August 27th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Glasslass, when I first came here, I thought you were
glassglass with DenDen.:o You know, it matched.:o

Actually, I think she IS Glassglass with denden...no? :o

Puppyluv
August 27th, 2006, 11:14 AM
no, she's glasslass with denden. :p

Puppyluv
August 27th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Three minors eh? All at the same time? The cops don't mind? :D (It was either that or a joke about miners, but that just wasn't working. Ok, neither does this..).

Why three minors though? You like school that much or does it look good on your transcript?:p

Glasslass, when I first came here, I thought you were glassglass with DenDen.:o You know, it matched.:o
I'm minoring in neuro, because I wanted to major in it, but McGill didn't offer it as a Major when I started. I'm minoring in psych because I find it fascinating, and I'm minoring in philosophy to get away from the sciences.

CyberKitten
August 27th, 2006, 09:30 PM
I love the sceinces but also love topics like theology (out of date but interesting all the same, lol) and sociology and political sci - my mother advised us to get a BSc degree tho - then you had options she said. I think it depends on each individual, McMaster accepts sudents into their med school sans a science degree.

I am a pediatric oncologist who is active in enviornmental, medical and partisan politics. I can't spell though but I do not worry about it, it's a minor issue (there's those minors again, lol). I also teach at a med school (mostly working with Residents in peds and hematology - which is what I am Board Certified in, along qith peds). I have a PhD in biochem so do cancer research as well -(which is why it's good I enjoy politics. (sigh or is that :D)

And oh yeah, i live in the Canadian Maritimes, mostly Halifax but treat kids from all three provinces and Bermuda and some other countries. I also volunteer with Doctors without Borders - a very long story!

Prin
August 27th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Actually, I think she IS Glassglass with denden...no? :o
So I'm not the only one? :o

I'm minoring in neuro, because I wanted to major in it, but McGill didn't offer it as a Major when I started. I'm minoring in psych because I find it fascinating, and I'm minoring in philosophy to get away from the sciences.Ahh... I did journalism to get away from science. Sounds like you've got a ways to go... Good luck.:)

glasslass
August 27th, 2006, 10:30 PM
HeeHee! I've noticed, but figured an extra "g" was better than if you deleted the "L"!:evil: Actually, it's GlassLass with Den-Den and Corky, also known as the Corkster, Coors Silver Bullet, CorkMeister, or the McCorcoran!

Writing4Fun
August 27th, 2006, 10:51 PM
...but McGill didn't offer... *snicker* Sorry, but it's really late and I'm really tired, and mentioning McGill just reminded me of a bad joke I heard once about a McGill guy and a Concordia guy meeting up in the bathroom ... anyway, it's a really bad joke ('bad' as in, 'not funny'), but I'm so tired that it sounds really funny inside my head right now. :p :D :sorry:

Anyhoo! Back to the topic at hand...

I'm currently living somewhere in the middle of Ontario in what used to be a village and is now a burrough. :confused: I'm a married work-at-home Mom of two children and one dog. :dog:

Prin
August 27th, 2006, 10:53 PM
Hey! You can't have a lead in like that and just leave us hanging! Tell the McGill/ConU joke!!:D

meb999
August 27th, 2006, 10:54 PM
HeeHee! I've noticed, but figured an extra "g" was better than if you deleted the "L"!
Wow! I've been on this site for almost 2 years, and I always read your name as Glassglass.....:o

Prin
August 27th, 2006, 10:55 PM
lol I figured it out when somebody put a space in it once in a post.. Like "glass lass".

Writing4Fun
August 27th, 2006, 10:57 PM
Hey! You can't have a lead in like that and just leave us hanging! Tell the McGill/ConU joke!!:D
I'm pretty sure you've heard it before, and I don't know if it's 'appropriate' for the board. Besides, it's really not a funny joke. :p

meb999
August 27th, 2006, 10:58 PM
I feel like an idiot! I would have bet 100$ that her name was glassglass...
man, with a brain like this, I'm definetly going to flunk outta the U of M!!

Prin
August 27th, 2006, 11:01 PM
I'm pretty sure you've heard it before, and I don't know if it's 'appropriate' for the board. Besides, it's really not a funny joke. :p
Aww.. Can't you just bleep out the bad parts? :D

I feel like an idiot! I would have bet 100$ that her name was glassglass...
man, with a brain like this, I'm definetly going to flunk outta the U of M!!Hey, you don't have to be right- you just have to be able to convince the rest of the people around you that you are.

glasslass
August 27th, 2006, 11:11 PM
It's easier to just call me "Lass" - not so many s's (is that the correct plural of s?:confused: :shrug: )

Writing4Fun
August 27th, 2006, 11:17 PM
*Sigh!* OK, but remember ... you asked for it!

A guy from McGill and a guy from Concordia walk into the same bathroom. After they're done, the guy from McGill turns to the sinks to wash up while the guy from Concordia heads for the door.

"Hey!" says Mr. McGill, looking down his nose. "You know, at McGill, they teach us to wash our hands afterwards."

Concordia looks McGill up and down and says, "Yeah, well, at Concordia, they teach us not to go on our hands."

Don't say I didn't warn ya! :yuck:

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Writing4Fun
August 27th, 2006, 11:20 PM
It's easier to just call me "Lass" - not so many s's (is that the correct plural of s?:confused: :shrug: )
Actually, I think it's 'esses'. Or 'ses'. :shrug: "S's" would mean 'belonging to S'. But the point is moot, since the issue is with too many Gs, not Ses.

Forgive me. I'm really, really tired. :o

glasslass
August 27th, 2006, 11:25 PM
You need to catch a few Zs - naw, won't go there.:evil:

Puppyluv
August 27th, 2006, 11:28 PM
Yeah, I've heard that joke but with different characters. It's funny, because a lot of concordia students seem to have some sort of rivalry with McGill, but McGill students could care less.. their rivalry is with Queens (The do Suck Quock after all :p)

Writing4Fun
August 27th, 2006, 11:36 PM
I used to work with a guy named Quock - seriously.

And now I've officially hi-jacked this thread. Ah, well. It's late, and I'm watching Pirates of the Caribbean (sp?) on the CBC for the second time tonight (can never get too much Johnny and Orlando, right?), so I guess I'm in a hi-jacking kinda mood (where's the little pirate emoticon?). :crazy:

Prin
August 28th, 2006, 12:00 AM
You know, it's funny because that rivalry is dying off as more McGill students take a few classes at concordia and find out there's less competition between students at ConU and more of a student unity thing- which IMO is lacking at McGill. They sort of forced it into the school at ConU, with class participation marks and stuff, but it actually works. If you need help and you ask another student, at ConU, they'll actually help you.:shrug:

:offtopic: :sorry:

Puppyluv
August 28th, 2006, 12:15 AM
The students in Pre-med faculties at mcgill are NUTS. Half my class is psychotic... But it's nowehere near as bad as Trinity College at UofT, where students rip assigned readings out of library books so that no one else can read them...

rainbow
August 28th, 2006, 12:25 AM
OMG...you guys have totally hijacked this thread. :eek: It's supposed to be "Where are you from and What do you do?" :D

I think sincere apologies are needed to the OP. :D

Prin
August 28th, 2006, 12:31 AM
The students in Pre-med faculties at mcgill are NUTS. Half my class is psychotic... But it's nowehere near as bad as Trinity College at UofT, where students rip assigned readings out of library books so that no one else can read them...
What kind of world do we live in, eh? Something's going to crack eventually.

So, speaking of the world we live in, what part are you from?
(see? see how I brought it back with sly cleverness?):cat:

rainbow
August 28th, 2006, 12:47 AM
Yeah, you're always good at sly cleverness. :D

Prin
August 28th, 2006, 12:52 AM
Like a cat.

So does anybody else have cats that they live with where they're from?

:D

rainbow
August 28th, 2006, 12:59 AM
OMG...watch out or they'll start flying. :D

Prin
August 28th, 2006, 01:07 AM
:D :offtopic: :D

So, um... Rainbow, you never told us what you do. :) ;)

rainbow
August 28th, 2006, 01:13 AM
LOL...I guess I wasn't clear enough. I'm a stay at home (mostly single) mom to my kids. :D

vel
August 28th, 2006, 01:21 AM
Hi, I am Velma, live about 200 kms. northeast of Edmonton, Alberta, married, 2 grown stepchildren. I have been employed by the provincial government, correctional services, administration for 9 years now. I have furthered my education through the government and with one course left to go I will receive a correctional services certificate which is equivalent to a degree within the Alberta government. Making plans to buy a "summer" residence in Nova Scotia which will eventually be our "retirement" home.
Have a lovey little black and white rabbit named "Sugar" 6 years old who just loves being hugged and petted, a cat named "Valentino or Teeno" who is just under 1 year old and is recuperating from a pellet shot in the back and a flesh eating virus which ate most of the skin and tissue on his belly and I just adopted "Boo" a 2 year old female Leonberger rescue who came to me 9 days ago with ear mites, yeast infection, fleas, is 50 lbs. shy of being a normal weight for her breed and is scared of anything that moves. Teeno just loves Boo and usually around midnight the two of them start playing in the living room. I don't know who is louder, the 4 lb cat or the 70 lb dog!!! As you may be able to see...I never am at a loss for words......Vel

Jerseygirl
August 28th, 2006, 03:36 AM
My name is Judy (Jude I prefer), I'm 32-years-old, um... single, well, sort of considering my boyfriend lives 9000 km away. I live in Oshawa Ontario, in a basement apartment. I have one little girl, Willow, and together we have many, many hobbies... Flyball, Agility, Frisbee, etc. I work as a Visual Field Technician at a medical clinic. I will be heading (back) to Egypt in November to see 'hubby'. Currently, I am dealing with immigration, doggy school, and the decision whether or not to have jaw surgery.

My nickname has been mine since I was 12-years-old or so.

:sorry: :offtopic: Just like the song from Sir Paul. Hey Jude ;)

Byrd
August 28th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Yeah, yeah, like I haven't heard that one before. :p :rolleyes:

AliSam
August 28th, 2006, 07:06 PM
I'm Lisa. I'm 33. I live in Durham Region, in Courtice, Ontario (just east of Oshawa, Ontario). I work in York Region, in Aurora (South of Newmarket) at an Insurance Company as a Fire Underwriting Assistant. My commute is an hour and 10 minutes 1 way. I like my job but hate the commute and hope that I can eventually move. I love my home and my neighbours so it is all very stressful right now.

I have been married for 7 years to Rob, who is a 34-year-old unemployed bum. He is constantly getting laid off, and is currently looking for a job again. If anyone knows of any warehouse jobs..... Anyway, we have no human kids but we are too busy with our fur kids anyway. Sam is a 5-year-old lab/hound cross with lots of energy. We also have Josie. She is an orange tabby cat approx 2-years-old. She is the most affectionate cat I have ever met.

We also have a red-eared slider turtle named Sasha. Rob got her before we met about 15 years ago. She was the size of a quarter. Now she is 5 times that size.

Enough about me. Anyone else?

JoshLauraMcGirr
August 29th, 2006, 02:23 PM
I'm Laura, 21, student at Marshall University and fulltime employee with Sprint PCS/Nextel/Embarq, live in Huntington, WV. (the place where the "we are marshall" movie is being made, lol). I have 1 cat, Isabelle, adopting another soon, and a cute little dwarf rabbit named Van.

jawert1
August 29th, 2006, 02:37 PM
I'm Jenn, 28 and single, live right outside Washington DC with Peaches and Simon and work for aol. Per usual, I've gotten to this thread late :p

dakar
August 29th, 2006, 04:12 PM
I'm Dana and I live just outside of Edmonton, Alberta. I'm a stay home mom to my 4 kids (?) ages 20, 17, 13 and 11; my 2 babies Freckles (13 yr old Brittany) and Brie (1 yr old mutt); and my one grandbaby (Steve the gerbil). Hubby and I have been married 15 years this year.

gomez
August 29th, 2006, 05:19 PM
I'm Sandra and I live in the UK, Gomez is our 1.5 year old Norfolk Terrier and he does kinda look like this: :dog:

I am a chef...

jesse's mommy
August 29th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Hey gomez, are you Chef Ramsey from Hells Kitchen?

Puppyluv
August 29th, 2006, 05:25 PM
LOL if only Chef Ramsey's real name was Sandra:D

jesse's mommy
August 29th, 2006, 05:31 PM
You never know!

BoxerRescueMTL
August 29th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Hi I'm Crystal. My boyfriend and I recently bought a house and moved to Hudson, Qc. We run our own companies and work in front of our computers from home, with our band of misfits.

gomez
August 30th, 2006, 05:21 AM
Hey gomez, are you Chef Ramsey from Hells Kitchen?

no, no...

no.

Hunter's_owner
August 30th, 2006, 06:31 AM
Hi. I'm Tracy, I'm 26 and along with my boyfriend, I have a 5 year old Lab named Hunter. I am also part-time mom to Cassie, a 3 year old Beagle. She is my brother's, but he is away most of the time working. I also live with 2 cats, they are my room-mates, so the house can become quite teh zoo when all the dogs come to visit :crazy: .
I am currently working as a research anaylst in Newfoundland, and am doing my M.Sc (Med.) degree part-time.

technodoll
August 30th, 2006, 08:49 AM
i'm too lazy today. just click on my profile details for everything, LOL! :frustrated: can i please have my morning coffee now? :dog:

Writing4Fun
August 30th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Hi I'm Crystal. My boyfriend and I recently bought a house and moved to Hudson, Qc. We run our own companies and work in front of our computers from home, with our band of misfits.
That is a very cool business you have there! :thumbs up

SarahLynn123
August 30th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Im Sarah, 23 years old with a boyfriend, 3 dogs (GSD, Cocker spaniel X, Pom), and a cat. I work in pipeline integrity surveys and start nursing school in 6 days! ssooooo excited!

I live in Calgary AB and may be moving to medicine hat next year if everything goes as planned. Need to do renovations, get accepted and transferred into school there, sell the house, and boyfriend needs to be transfered also. Hopefully everything works out though.

Mahealani770
August 30th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Aloha!
My name is Mahealani Kamali'i (who can pronounce those 2 names correctly? I'll give you a doggy treat if you can! lol) I am Hawaiian/caucasian/chinese and was born on the island of Oahu, HI. I was raised in California and Ohio and have lived in Atlanta, GA for 5 years.
I have a partner of 2 years, Danita, and we are Moms to Nicky the Pomeranian. Nicky was found abandoned on the side of the road and we have had him since December '05.
My first post on this wonderful website went a little something like this..."I've had him for 3 days and I'm ready to give him back!!" haha...boy have I come a long way since then. I have soooo much respect for the veterans of this website and have become inspired to be a foster Mom to whatever kind of furbaby is in need. At least, that is the goal.
I work for the United States Postal Service as a data analyst and my partner is a machinist (love those butch women..lol). I was hired to work on a specific project that will bring 2,800 postal facilities into handicap compliance. I love my job, finally, but I have to leave it soon because it doesn't pay enough and I receive no benefits..sooo...back to job hunting!
Thanks for reading,
~*M*~

Stacer
August 30th, 2006, 06:43 PM
I'm Stacy, 28, married 1 year. I'm a Forestry Technician by education, but work for the local Conservation Authority in a restoration nursery growing trees for ecological restoration projects, my man is in the same line of work, his official title is Forestry Specialist, he plans reforestation and tree planting projects. We have 2 pritty kitties, Angus and Finn. We recently moved from the Big Smoke (Toronto) to Mississauga, I'm not sure how I feel about that yet.

Frenchy
August 30th, 2006, 08:49 PM
LOL...I guess I wasn't clear enough. I'm a stay at home (mostly single) mom to my kids. :D
mostly single :rolleyes: details???

Frenchy
August 30th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Yeah, yeah, like I haven't heard that one before. :p :rolleyes:
When I was a newbie on pets.ca you had just met someone,so no more bf?I'm sorry if it didn't work out :(

BoxerRescueMTL
August 30th, 2006, 08:58 PM
That is a very cool business you have there!

Thanks Writing4fun!! I LOVE it! I used to work as a freelance makeup artist, and also for M.A.C Cosmetics for 6 yrs - I got sick of the fashion industry and wanted to be a hermit with my b/f and dogs. I'm so happy my plan worked :D

Prin
August 31st, 2006, 12:13 AM
She ships her man out to make money off his hard slave labor.:D

Stacy, is your job fun?:)

Furbaby Momma
August 31st, 2006, 07:24 AM
I live in the true Northern part of Ontario, a 12 hr. drive from Toronto and a 5 hr. drive from Thunder Bay, on a 150 acre property in the country. I share my life with a wonderful husband who is a Forestry Engineer we have been together for 24 yrs. our lives are enriched by four beautiful Retrievers and two gorgeous cats, that we consider our furbabies. I am an Animal Rescuer who helps animals in need, and the rewards are many...to see an animal gain confidence and trust, and in return give out unconditional love is what keeps me going. To have recieved them as frail, broken and unhealthy, but to see them get healthy, happy and to see them being loved by their new forever family...wow life is good. :pawprint: :love:

rainbow
August 31st, 2006, 02:08 PM

She ships her man out to make money off his hard slave labor.

LOL, Prin....have you been talking to my hubby? :p

Prin
August 31st, 2006, 02:11 PM
lol no. Why, is he lonely up there slaving away?:evil:

HunterXHunter
August 31st, 2006, 02:33 PM
I'm Glen, 24, single *wink* *wink*. Programmer at Environment Canada but electrical engineer by education. I have an almost 1 year-old golden retriever :dog: named Hunter. I'm also doing a computer science degree at the moment so balancing Hunter, work, school and play is tough :frustrated: I live in Toronto but would like to move to Japan one day...

I used to play basketball a lot but haven't been able to play at the same level since breaking my ankle last summer, so I've set my sights on a new sport: bowling! Will begin my first league a week from today! :thumbs up

rainbow
August 31st, 2006, 03:03 PM
lol no. Why, is he lonely up there slaving away?:evil:

Too bad if he is.....gotta keep the dogs and cats fed. :D

Prin
August 31st, 2006, 03:56 PM
I'm Glen, 24, single *wink* *wink*. lol where's jiorji when you need her, eh?:D

Dog Mom
August 31st, 2006, 04:15 PM
Well my name is Tina and I live really far north, 6.5 hrs north of Thunder Bay! I live with my common-law hubby for the last 5 years, we have 5 dogs and 3 ferrets............oh and a human baby on the way ROFL (Jan 9/07) I work for a fueling company that supplies fuel and oil products to remote northern communities that are only reached by air or winter roads.

MERI
August 31st, 2006, 07:09 PM
I'm Iryna and I'm 36. 5 years ago we moved to Canada from Ukraine. (me, my husband and my son, who is 8 now).
This year we had new addition to our family - 3 years old basset Bilbo.
We both work as web designers at two different companies. But my dream is to work from home. (No luck yet)

CyberKitten
September 1st, 2006, 11:59 PM
Re: is she from the Maritimes? :D We have ppl running Alberta now, lol (Granted, that was after we cnquered the "Boston States" and parts of Quebec, lol

OntarioGreys
September 2nd, 2006, 06:18 AM
I am Maria, 48, grandmother of 2 skin kids and 1 furhild, Logan 10 months , mixand Taylor 8, then Lucy a pitbull there dad is my son, Shawn.
As of tomorrow I will have 6 furkids, 2 cats tipper and Umbra, 2 greyhounds Sunny and Maya, an eskie Nikki and the newest addition is a 5 month old Chinese Crested

The last 16 years I have been working as an autoworker and have a small part time business making greyhound collars and coats