Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Silent Hill

PEDPA
August 25th, 2006, 06:45 PM
:shrug: Has anyone seen this yet???? We're getting it tonight ... hoping that maybe finally a scary movie may emerge from the dusty shelves of our local movie store.

Any reviews out there? Should I just get a good nights sleep instead?

PEDPA
August 25th, 2006, 11:34 PM
Well ... I got no replies .... so I rented it! And let me say .. that NO movie has stumped me this good since the Sixth Sense. Yaaaa so some of the acting wasn't the greates but I mean looking at cult classics .. attack of the killer tomatoes ..... or even some of the greatest movies ever with actors like ARNOLD SHWARZAWHATEVER ..... still the underlying tones are good verses evil with a really F******* up twist. I don't know if you ever saw The Cell with Jennifer Lopez .. but it kind of reminds me of that with all the evilness and crazy special F***ed up graphics! I personally loved it. Its a love or hate it type movie ... and yes i had to go online after with WTF in my head but now that I read a review .. it makes sooo much sense and I am definately buying the movie to watch over and over just to catch all the stuff I misssed. I would love to know what you think about it. And if you need help understanding it ... just let me know and I'll send you the explanation.:thumbs up :thumbs up :thumbs up

dtbmnec
August 25th, 2006, 11:41 PM
Oh I love that movie!

Playing the video games at like 2am with the lights off in the basement is totally cool too! I spend most of the time screaming lol!

Megan

raingirl
August 26th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Yeah, I don't think the movie makes a whole lot of sense unless you played the game!

I think that is the scariest game I ever played though. My roomies and I were playing it one night, and you know the part in the "alternate world" (in the first game) where you are in the locker room? In the "real world" a cat jumps out of the locker, but in the alternate world, a zombie thing does and we weren't expecting it. The three of us were sitting on the couch and we all screamed and leaned back, and the couch tiped over!!! It was funny.

Personally, I would rather play the game than watch the movie.

PEDPA
August 26th, 2006, 10:22 PM
oooo is the game for gamecube or ps2 or xbox???? lol.. i have 2 of the above lol..... let me know so i can rent it and check it out!

raingirl
August 27th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Actually, the game is for original playstation (it's quite old, late 90's). There is also a silent hill 2 and three I think, but I don't know which system they are for.

technodoll
September 23rd, 2006, 10:13 PM
just watched the movie and if you can get through the awful first 30 minutes or so (dialogue: "shaaaron! shaaaron! shaaaaron!") it's not that bad... but it's not very good, either. sorry... i was alternating between LMAO at the silliness of it all, or falling asleep from boredom. was it supposed to be scary?! :frustrated: i don't play video games so perhaps this is why it went way over my head, LOL! :cool:

4/10 :pawprint: