Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Looking for golden

Frenchy
August 24th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Any rescues have any goldens up for adoptions? I have families looking to adopt....please pm me if you do.

Golden Girls
August 25th, 2006, 08:47 AM
This only means one thing, they all have homes ... Woo Hoo :thumbs up

I'm sure one will pop in in no time Frenchy

Frenchy
August 25th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Thanks! Unfortunatly,when we get lots of dogs up for adoption,we sometimes have a hard time to find families,now it's the other way around!

poodletalk
August 26th, 2006, 04:52 PM
We just received a call from someone, they are going to drop off their golden mix. (golden mix with Belgium Shepherd) he's 18 months old, the people are getting him because they bought a new house.

badger
August 26th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Poodletalk, do these pod people have to pay a fee for dropping the dog off? Call it an administrative fee. If they have a speck of guilt over what they are doing, I think you should exploit it.

Frenchy
August 28th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Is it at the spca Monteregie and if so,are they going to put a picture on their website?

Golden Girls
September 4th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Monteregie does have a golden who was brought in I think last Wednesday. He's a pure bred :fingerscr

Frenchy. Are you still looking for a golden? I know another one that is in dire need of a home. He's a young 1 something male?

Frenchy
September 4th, 2006, 04:16 PM
yes both families already adopted....but pm me with details for the 1 yr old,we never know.:fingerscr

Golden Girls
September 4th, 2006, 04:30 PM
I've just sent an e-mail, to double check - will pm you.

the gang
September 4th, 2006, 05:41 PM
5 goldens are looking for homes!!!!! check out rosie s www.rosieanimaladoption.org :fingerscr

Frenchy
September 4th, 2006, 07:02 PM
They don't have any goldens up for adoption....maybe you saw the ones already adopted?

the gang
September 4th, 2006, 09:14 PM
it says local breader giving up 4 goldens 5 months old looking for fosters.

TMac
September 5th, 2006, 06:03 PM
any luck making some matches, Frenchy?

Incidentally, a friend at work emailed Golden Rescue (ontario) a long time ago but never received a response. Should I send her your info? (in case you are now finding a lot of goldens) She lives in Ottawa.

On another note, my mother-in-law is thinking about trying fostering - lab or golden - she's not sure yet. :fingerscr I'm ready for the word "go" and I've got my Rescue list all lined up for her!! Anybody have a good webpage for "fostering 101"? I've done it before but I think if I can leave some written material for her, it would be helpful.

:thumbs up

Frenchy
September 5th, 2006, 06:37 PM
any luck making some matches, Frenchy?

Incidentally, a friend at work emailed Golden Rescue (ontario) a long time ago but never received a response. Should I send her your info? (in case you are now finding a lot of goldens) She lives in Ottawa.

On another note, my mother-in-law is thinking about trying fostering - lab or golden - she's not sure yet. :fingerscr I'm ready for the word "go" and I've got my Rescue list all lined up for her!! Anybody have a good webpage for "fostering 101"? I've done it before but I think if I can leave some written material for her, it would be helpful.

:thumbs up
We will have goldens coming in the rescue but have a waiting list.But your friend can register on our website www.goldenrescuequebec.com I finally saw what the gang was talking about on Rosie's site (my computer is 24 hours late and yes,the date and hour is up to date :confused: ) so for anyone who would like to foster/adopt a younger golden www.rosieanimaladoption.org