Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

How Many Forum Users Does it Take to Change a Lightbulb?

Shamrock
August 24th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Members here all get along better than this..but this struck me funny as I've seen some forums where this really does apply.:D
------

How many Forum users does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

2 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

4 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

10 to flame the spell checkers

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ...

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

5 know-it-alls who claim *they* were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

6 to email the participant' s ISPs complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy"

7 to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb group

3 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb group about changing light bulbs be stopped

11 to defend the posting to this group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this group

9 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique, and what brands are faulty

4 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

3 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

4 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three"

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ

2 to ask what is a "FAQ"

9 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

10 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again....:D

SunGurl372
August 24th, 2006, 06:06 PM
That was FABULOUS! :D

jiorji
August 24th, 2006, 06:27 PM
it's funny cos it's true :cool:

Maya
August 24th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Lol, very funny:)

Prin
August 24th, 2006, 07:32 PM
So we're like every forum out there? :o

rainbow
August 24th, 2006, 07:55 PM
hee hee hee....that was funny. :D

technodoll
August 24th, 2006, 10:37 PM
ROTFLMAO!!! that was priceless!!!

:crazy:

Puppyluv
August 25th, 2006, 12:15 AM
Just wait, in Feb, I WILL be responding to this again :p
But I think you also need 6 people to attack the lightbulb changer and get banned.

joeysmama
August 25th, 2006, 12:40 AM
This is a mini thread jack ( a little bit ON topic though)

I've been involved with another site for years. Not pet related. It's a healthy lifstyle site. Well one woman was so far into health that it was unhealthy--seriously. She took it to such an extreme. No one else was watching their diet to her exacting standards. She literally couldn't eat a thing at anyone's home and visited me at home once and would only allow her children to eat fruit. Nothing but fruit.

Then one day she appears and starts saying that no one should restrict what they eat. Everyone there is an extremist, and she had bacon and eggs, and everyone should, and on and on. (It's not an extreme site at all--lots of recipe sharing etc. about how to make a meal healthier, who makes the best brownies etc. SHE was the only one who was extreme.)

Anyway--this post made me laugh because all he** broke loose and it was EXACTLY like this post !! Imagine if one of the long time members here started posting that we're all nuts for spending money at the vet !! If Marko or Tenderfoot answered questions with "Well it's just a dog for Pete's sake "

Thanks for the laugh.

rainbow
August 25th, 2006, 01:04 AM
But I think you also need 6 people to attack the lightbulb changer and get banned.

OMG... I've been close to that one already. :o

meb999
August 25th, 2006, 11:13 AM
4 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

That was FABULOUS!

it's funny cos it's true

Lol, very funny

So we're like every forum out there?

hee hee hee....that was funny.

ROTFLMAO!!! that was priceless!!!

:crazy:

me too! :D

Prin
August 25th, 2006, 01:02 PM
I like that joke, Meb- so much effort went into it.:D

Writing4Fun
August 25th, 2006, 03:18 PM
What about the 8 people who indulge in a smiley-fest to relieve some of the lightbulb-changing tension? :D :crazy:

Prin
August 25th, 2006, 05:17 PM
4 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
What about light sculptures instead?
http://www.funkyphotons.com/creations/creations.html
http://www.luminousartworks.com/artwork-sculptures.html (I like the bamboo one)

PEDPA
August 25th, 2006, 07:03 PM
What about the 3 that sneak in a thread jack but add ..... sorry for the jack But ........ and then end it trying their best to tie it in with the original story so they don't get in trouble?????? p.s. my daughter stepped on a lightbulb .. errr light bulb last night ... it was a curly energy efficient one ... those things REALLY shatter!!!!! like explode ..... hmmm ummm ohhh hhhh I wonder how i would change that since its broken off ......

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

jesse's mommy
August 25th, 2006, 09:02 PM
..... hmmm ummm ohhh hhhh I wonder how i would change that since its broken off ......

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Then there are those with the sarcastic remarks....

To answer your question, with a potato you silly goose!

Writing4Fun
August 25th, 2006, 09:45 PM
To answer your question, with a potato you silly goose! Techincally, that would be half a potato. ;) :p

jessi76
August 25th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Techincally, that would be half a potato. ;) :p

Technically is spelled wrong. ;)

Writing4Fun
August 25th, 2006, 10:41 PM
Yeah, dyslexia can be a real pian in the tub. :p

glasslass
August 26th, 2006, 11:57 PM
I want to report Writing4Fun and jessi76 for correcting other members' posts! As usual, I saw this post late.