Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Tieing Joeys ears back

Joey.E.CockersMommy
August 24th, 2006, 04:05 PM
I am trying to tie Joeys ears back for one hour a day as that is what the vet has reccommended so they can get some air. Nothing seems to work he shakes and within 2 seconds whatever I put on him falls off.

So far I have tried

a scrunchy
a barette to clip just the hair together
a hair comb
a banana clip
tucking his ears into his collar
tieing his ears together -
and taping his ears

any recomemdations or should I just hold them up for him for an hour. :D

jiorji
August 24th, 2006, 04:44 PM
LOL this is so comical

try tieing a scarf around

Maya
August 24th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Maybe pipe cleaners covered with material? It sounds so cute, he must look adorable with all the different "styles":)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
August 24th, 2006, 06:26 PM
originally posted by Maya

Maybe pipe cleaners covered with material? It sounds so cute, he must look adorable with all the different "styles"

well unfortunately Joey doesnt thing so. :D

Prin
August 24th, 2006, 06:30 PM
What about bobby pinning them out individually behind him?

rainbow
August 24th, 2006, 06:31 PM
ROFL...could we have pics please. :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
August 24th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Oh my I cant believe you are mocking Joey during this time - poor long eared floppy dog - its not his fault he's a long eared floppy dog. :dog: :D

Just wait til I get my batteries charged - you'll see what Joey goes through - with his ear scrunchy, bobbypin,tape, treatment. :D

rainbow
August 24th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Did you try double sided tape? :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
August 24th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Yes I actually did try double sided tape :D

OntarioGreys
August 24th, 2006, 07:51 PM
I used to use a cut off sleeve of a sweatshirt and slide over my cockers head

Prin
August 24th, 2006, 07:57 PM
ooo good idea. :)

So Joey's mom, Joey's just a furry daughter that you dress up and coiffe?

mafiaprincess
August 24th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Google 'snood' and see if you can make a variation of one that keeps his ears back while lettingg them dry, rather than the traditional ones sold to just keep ears out of food.

Maya
August 24th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Joey may not agree but I have to say pink would go very well with his brown tress's. :dog: Looking forward to pictures if he's not to annoyed with all the fussing:)

rainbow
August 24th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Oh, I like OG's and MP's suggestion...that realy sounds like it would work. But we still want pics. :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
August 24th, 2006, 11:33 PM
My photo buckets not uploading my videos - in the mean time please sit back and enjoy these new photos of Joey in his new Golf Shirt.:D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
August 24th, 2006, 11:34 PM
Here he is again ready for the 19th hole. :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
August 24th, 2006, 11:36 PM
Once I stop experiencing techinical diffuculty I will post the movies- in the meantime please enjoy one more photo of Joey.

Prin
August 24th, 2006, 11:45 PM
Aww how come the ears aren't scrunchied back?

Cute shirt Mr Cocker.

jiorji
August 24th, 2006, 11:49 PM
that shirt is so you Joey :love: very handsome

rainbow
August 25th, 2006, 12:19 AM
Aww how come the ears aren't scrunchied back?

I think these are temporary pics for us. JECM is experiencing technical difficulties. :D

Prin
August 25th, 2006, 12:25 AM
Shouldn't there be music to go with the technical difficulty pics then?:D

It's ok, takes the pressure off me producing the Boo taking my socks off video... Google video was down yesterday, so they're behind...

rainbow
August 25th, 2006, 12:32 AM
Excuses.....excuses. :D

Prin
August 25th, 2006, 12:36 AM
Hey, they're up now! (JECM- I'm taking the pressure off you.. ;))

glasslass
August 25th, 2006, 01:15 AM
When he's sleeping, push the ear flap aside so that the ear is exposed to the air. Even if you can only do one side at a time, it's still getting the air circulation. Encourage him to fall asleep on his back by giving him tummy scratches. That way the ear flaps will naturally yield to gravity.

How about french braiding the ears back together. Wonder if that's possible?:crazy:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
August 25th, 2006, 08:58 AM
I acutally dont know how to french braid. Joey usually sleeps on his back anyways so that is could - maybe they are getting airred out anyways.:D

I could also hire my kids to hold his ears up for an hour. :D They need money for some new game cube games anyways. :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
August 25th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Photo bucket sucks. Grrr it keeps telling me to select the video tab which I do and then nothing happens when I click submit. Grrr:evil: :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
August 25th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Well I have given up on photobucket. :D and have decided to go with just pics - you'll get the idea i am sure -

first method Ribbon tie back
aproximate time on ears 40 seconds. :D. For some reason now I cant find Joey to take some more pics of him???

Joey.E.CockersMommy
August 25th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Ok first of I dont do bows ok - and second I look best with my natural style. :D :evil:

Prin
August 25th, 2006, 12:15 PM
LOL his face in the second one is so funny. Oh, the irritation!:D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
August 25th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Ontario Greys this one is for you.

the sleeve method. :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
August 25th, 2006, 12:27 PM
this one is winning so far - I think maybe it stayed on a whole 2 minutes. :D

Prin
August 25th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Oh, I misunderstood that method. I thought the sleeve went over the head and down around the neck, pinning the ears back on the way.:o

Joey.E.CockersMommy
August 25th, 2006, 12:52 PM
oh ok then maybe I misunderstood it - time to cut up some clothes :o

Puppyluv
August 25th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Oh, I misunderstood that method. I thought the sleeve went over the head and down around the neck, pinning the ears back on the way.:o
That's what I thought too.

JECM, are you trying to get Joey to look more like :dog:, but saying its what the vet told you to do? He looks like:dog: enough, don't worry about it!:evil:

rainbow
August 25th, 2006, 10:29 PM
LOL...Joey looks right ticked off. :D I agree with the sleeve. I thought the same as Prin as to how it would work. ;)

mafiaprincess
August 25th, 2006, 11:18 PM
Yeah, that would be the principal of a snood, to cover it all to keep them out of food, but I was thinking if you pulled it back further you'd pin the ears, but have the ear canals open to the air..

OntarioGreys
August 26th, 2006, 12:49 PM
LOL cute but definitely over the head like a snood

mummummum
August 28th, 2006, 11:37 AM
Please don't hate me Joey but I actually snorted PB&J crackers up my nose I was laughing so hard.

Joey, my son you look righteously P.Od and frankly ~ I don't blame you. Is your Momma trying to make you into a girly-man ?!? You tell her you want something more like this one - then she can wussy up your hair and you won't notice.