Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Montreal reception Halls

meb999
August 23rd, 2006, 09:55 PM
ok, so apparently I have to book a reception hall ASAP for my wedding (october 2007).

Now, my bf is italian, so we're having an italian reception (in st-Leonard). I went to visit some halls today, and I found 3 that I really liked. But you can't really test the food or anything. So I wonder, have any of you montrealers ever heard any good things/bad things about any of these halls?

Le Madisson : www.lemadison.com
Buffet Marina : http://www.buffetmarina.com/engsite/marina.html
Buffet Marco (no website) -- it's also a restaurant. It's on Pascal Gagnon.

I also liked le Rizz, but the owner wasn't really very friendly...http://www.lerizz.com/lerizz.htm

Prin
August 23rd, 2006, 10:00 PM
How many people?

meb999
August 23rd, 2006, 10:01 PM
between like 120 and 150....Nic has a big family!

Prin
August 23rd, 2006, 10:05 PM
ooo I don't know any that big... sorry. I've never been to the ones you listed either.:o

poodletalk
August 24th, 2006, 05:52 AM
I have been to the le Rizz. Not for a wedding but for a Christmas party, the food was great and the hall was nice.

I haven't been to the other halls that you posted.

cpietra16
August 24th, 2006, 10:44 AM
My cousin had her reception at Buffet marina...the food was great and so was the service.

joeysmama
August 24th, 2006, 12:29 PM
Book the one you love !! Is there one that you really really like? You love the color scheme or the doorway where they announce the bride and groom? Go for that one.

When we were engaged we were searching for the right place and my mother's friend recomended a place and the owner was going to give us a deal. I had actually been in a wedding that had been there and knew the food was great. The hall was pretty and the price was good.

Then we went to another one I'd heard good things about. And I had been to a wedding there and thought it was just so pretty.

Well they give us the tour and I fell in love with the place. There was a pretty staircase where the bride and groom enter, and the decor was just what I loved.

They were more expensive but they worked with us. We opted to take the soup off the menu. It was August. Who needs soup? We had open bar during the cocktail hour and reception but saved money by closing the bar during the meal and having wine on the tables. And they knew that the other place was giving us a deal so they wanted to be competetive.

We recently went on line to look at their website and I STILL love this place and I'm glad I had my wedding there.

Good food is nice--but once it's eaten it's gone. You'll remember how things looked, and have the photos to look at. So, in my book (and trust me--I love to eat!) I'd still say go for the ambience that creates the mood you want for your big day !!