Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Just got the timberwolf

MyBirdIsEvil
August 23rd, 2006, 04:01 PM
I just received my 2 bags of Timberwolf Organics (Dakota Bison and Ocean Blue), and if nothing else I can say my dogs at least like the taste of it, lol.

I mixed their old food and this food together and they picked all the Timberwolf out first. They also were VERY interested in the bag when I got it this morning.
I got up and took them both out to go potty and the package was sitting on my porch. They hadn't eaten yet and kept sniffing the package and didn't wanna pay attention to anything else! Then when we came inside they kept doing it and I had to make them lay down and stay just so I could get a package open, lol.

rainbow
August 23rd, 2006, 05:57 PM
I fed Timberwolf to my boys for awhile. They loved it and I loved it and it sure smells good. :D Unfortuneatly, I had to stop feeding it because we were going through a bag every 2 1/2 weeks and every month the price kept going up so it was costing me almost $75 a bag. :sad:

Prin
August 23rd, 2006, 05:59 PM
Including tax?

rainbow
August 23rd, 2006, 06:26 PM
Yes, maam. :D

Prin
August 23rd, 2006, 08:28 PM
Phew! I'm paying $77 for Wolf King incl. tax.

rainbow
August 23rd, 2006, 09:25 PM
Yeh, I switched to Wolf King and it costs me $72 a bag.

What's the PST in PQ? How long does a bag last you?

Prin
August 23rd, 2006, 09:41 PM
Hmm. It was 15% total tax before, but now with the gst dropped, I don't know anymore... It's not easy- the PST is charged on top of the GST... :rolleyes: We pay tax on tax.

A 33lb bag lasts me about 2.5-3 weeks.

rainbow
August 23rd, 2006, 10:01 PM
Tax on tax? :eek: Maybe you should move to P.E.I. ...what's their's like? :D

We pay PST on the price per bag and GST on the price per bag. I did say a bag lasts me 2 1/2 weeks (actually 2 wk + 2 days) so I guess that's pretty close to what you're paying.

I'm still finding it hard to afford the price. Hubby just went back to work two months ago after being off for 9 1/2 months. The job he's on is only good until late Sept/early Oct. then he'll get laid off again. He works union and has to get hired off the unemployed members list so we never know what to expect. And at our age it sometimes gets scary. :o

I can't get Canidae here so have been thinking of switching to Innova. I can get it for $55 + tax per bag. What's your thoughts on Innova?

Prin
August 23rd, 2006, 10:08 PM
Regular innova is good. I can't feed it though because Boo can't eat chicken. Job or no job, I have no choice. It is hard, which is why about a month ago I did the math and found out that I really am paying the same overall as I was feeding crap, only now I spend it on food instead of vet bills. It helps to know that- makes me feel like I'm paying for my doggies in semi-monthly installments (instead of less frequent huge installments at the vet).

rainbow
August 24th, 2006, 12:11 AM
Believe me, I know what you're saying about feeding good quality food versus vet bills. What's a little KD + weiners now and again. :D

It's too bad Boo has allergies. I pray that my dogs don't ever develop any. :pray:

You say Innova regular is good. Does that mean you don't approve of the large breed formula?

Prin
August 24th, 2006, 12:30 AM
oh, any. I'm just not sure of evo yet for every day use.

Jemma's allergies are worse than Boo's... She's becoming allergic to the world I think. :(

rainbow
August 24th, 2006, 12:44 AM
Aww, Prin, I feel sorry for you....two dogs with allergies. :eek: And, obviously, both of them don't have the same. :sad:

Prin
August 24th, 2006, 12:52 AM
Yeah, it would be easier if I just fed them different foods, but that's not easy per se...

rainbow
August 24th, 2006, 01:04 AM
Hey, my dogs don't have allergies :fingerscr :pray: and I only want to feed them the same food. :D

Well, we've managed to hijack this thread too....sorry MyBirdIsEvil. :o

Let us know how you make out with the Timberwolf. ;)

Prin
August 24th, 2006, 01:07 AM
Well, I can bring it back... Jemma's starting to get itchy again- it's probably the ragweed (that was the first thing she was ever allergic to, and it's the worst by far) or the wheaty cookies the little girly at the picnic gave her (probably that too), but if they had TO Ocean Blue up here, she'd be switching right about now, just to see if it helps. Boo is doing too well on WK to switch him. He's perfect right now.

MyBirdIsEvil
August 24th, 2006, 04:44 AM
Well, we've managed to hijack this thread too

Lol, that's ok, I just wanted to mention that they liked it anyway.

rainbow
August 24th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Let us know how they do after they've been on it for awhile. :dog: