We started a list in another thread... Here's what we have so far:
Me:
1) people who have ever said "it's just a dog"
2) people who wash their hands within 2 milliseconds of touching a dog
3) people who don't like the taste of dog fur

Technodoll:
4) macho guys who are too chicken to own a gun so they get a "mean dog"
5) superficial rich girls who need a matching accessory to their diamonds
6) families who get a dog for the suburban image but then tie it in the backyard 24/7 cuz they never had the time to housebreak the poor thing

Me:
7) people who think dogs can play in yards by themselves
8) people who value their floors/sofas/furniture more than a living being
9) people who have kids and never intend to teach them how to approach and live with a dog.

(btw, try to keep it tame and general so the mods don't close it :o)

technodoll
August 22nd, 2006, 10:35 PM
10) people who breed the family pets to make a quick buck :mad:

LavenderRott
August 22nd, 2006, 10:36 PM
I am in enough trouble, thank you very much. :eek:

Prin
August 22nd, 2006, 10:40 PM
11) people who get a dog because it looks cool
12) people who see a dog as a status symbol
13) people who think dogs don't need human contact.

jiorji
August 22nd, 2006, 10:43 PM
3) people who don't like the taste of dog fur

ewwww :yuck: kitty fur tastes better :p

14) people who assume a dog will be like a piece of furniture and not demand attention
15) impulse buy

technodoll
August 22nd, 2006, 10:43 PM
people who let their kids to this to their dogs :eek:

http://www.ndsu.nodak.edu/webradio/photos/New%20Folder/dog%20and%20baby.jpg

jiorji
August 22nd, 2006, 10:47 PM
people who treat their pets as an "animal"

"oh it's just a cat!"

"you care about your cat. But what about us?? we're your guests!!" :mad:
well then you should be respectful in my house as guests :evil:

Prin
August 22nd, 2006, 10:50 PM
You're guests. They live here. ;)

17) People who are afraid of dogs
18) people who think dogs just are magically good or bad without training.

Angies Man
August 22nd, 2006, 10:53 PM
19/ people who live in housing developments and don't seem to be able to hear their dog(s) bark and bark and bark and bark.

20/people who can't realize that letting their dog have the run of the neighborhood can lead to it's early demise, from other dogs, irate neighbors, cars, coyotes, poisonous snakes, getting into poisonous chemicals, and tainted garbage.

technodoll
August 22nd, 2006, 10:55 PM
19) people who must have "just one litter" because their bitch is "in love" with the neighbor's dog and it's good for the kids to see the "miracle of birth"!

jiorji
August 22nd, 2006, 10:58 PM
oohh i have another one

people who buy puppies for their kids as "live toys" and not teach the kids how to respect an animal and how to handle it

Prin
August 22nd, 2006, 11:01 PM
23) people who buy their dogs because they saw them in a movie
24) people who buy their dogs on sale

Maya
August 23rd, 2006, 01:41 AM
25) People who think dogs/cats can be left outside in the winter because they have "fur coats".

26) People that think dogs/cats will become wild and survive if they get dumped in some bushes.

27) People who acquire a puppy (usually guys:P) to use as a pick up device.

jiorji
August 23rd, 2006, 02:08 AM

umm........i may be guilty of falling for that, but i totally love a man with a nice dog by his side :cloud9: (think Mattinator)

HunterXHunter
August 23rd, 2006, 07:49 AM

My friend wants to borrow Hunter for a day at the beaches just for that reason :rolleyes: , but I'm not gonna let him...at least, not until I do that first :crazy:

um...j/k about that last part :D

happycats
August 23rd, 2006, 08:04 AM
28) People who go shopping (for material things), and come home with a puppy because it looked soooooooo cute in the pet store window!:rolleyes:
28) people who go shopping, and come home with a puppy that some idiot was giving away in the parking lot.
29) people who pay HUGE$$$ for a designer mutt!!

phoenix
August 23rd, 2006, 08:24 AM
30. People who have a 'need' to beat on something :frustrated:

ccanaday427
August 23rd, 2006, 08:46 AM
31. People who want to sit around all day, not working, and then replace income by fighting their dogs.

32. People that are able to give up a dog b/c it suddenly becomes inconvenitent.

33. People that don't appreciate a nice big hug at the end of every day :)

technodoll
August 23rd, 2006, 08:56 AM
34) People who want a dog for social status (i'm a gansta, must have big mean pitbull... i'm a rich millionaire, must have big mean rotties guarding my car collection...)

jawert1
August 23rd, 2006, 09:03 AM
35. People who make false assumptions and statements about larger breeds, then complain that their Bichon attacked their 4 year old.

~michelle~
August 23rd, 2006, 09:23 AM
people who think if it doesn't work out they can rid of it in a couple of years

people who think they can just "put it down" when it gets the slightest bit sick

people who dont realize the dog can live for approx 15 years, and think it doesnt affect them when they get rid of them b/c their old

HunterXHunter
August 23rd, 2006, 10:08 AM
39. People who don't think about the time, effort, and costs of raising a furbaby and then decides to make it "free to a good home" when they finally realize it

happycats
August 23rd, 2006, 10:35 AM
40) people who get a dog for their kid/s , with the false expectation that the child will actually look after it.

HunterXHunter
August 23rd, 2006, 10:40 AM
40) people who get a dog for their kid/s , with the false expectation that the child will actually look after it.

Yeah, that's SOOOOO true. That's why I didn't get my very first dog until last year, when I felt I was responsible and commited enough.

rainbow
August 23rd, 2006, 10:53 AM
41. People who do not agree a dog is a member of the family.
42. People who won't treat their dog the same as a family member when it comes to medical attention and teeth cleaning.

Prin
August 23rd, 2006, 11:03 AM
umm........i may be guilty of falling for that, but i totally love a man with a nice dog by his side :cloud9: (think Mattinator)
Me too! Like whenever jjgeonerd posts pics of him with his dane and lab... Guys with dogs are cool.:shrug:

43) people who think that a certain kind of mutt won't shed
44) people who already use corporal punishment avidly on their kids
45) people who work 12 hours a day and don't intend to hire a dog sitter
46) people who intend on leaving their dog crated "till he gets better"...
47) people who can't anticipate the worst case scenario and then be able to cope when the situation is actually 10 times worse than that.
48) anybody who can't handle poopy explosions
49) people who think there is already a home for every dog out there and none get euthanized for just being part of the "too many" in shelters.:sad:

BernerLver
August 23rd, 2006, 12:20 PM
50) People who aren't willing to treat their dogs as children when making plans (i.e. can't stay out too long because of the doggies, can only go away for the weekend if they doggies can come or if we can get a sitter)

51) People who aren't willing to treat their dog as children when it comes to their health (i.e. off to the vet in for treatment with the same urgency you would take a child to the Dr., without the cost being the driving factor)

52) People who feel pet ownership is a chore

Prin
August 23rd, 2006, 02:18 PM
53) people who feel pet ownership is a separate part of life, not a part that overlaps all the other parts of life.

Maya
August 23rd, 2006, 02:45 PM
My friend wants to borrow Hunter for a day at the beaches just for that reason , but I'm not gonna let him...at least, not until I do that first
Me too! Like whenever jjgeonerd posts pics of him with his dane and lab... Guys with dogs are cool.
umm........i may be guilty of falling for that, but i totally love a man with a nice dog by his side (think Mattinator)

It's okay as long as that's not the only reason he has the dog:p :sorry: Little off topic but it would be a good indicator of personality especially if he's had the dog for a while and you can see results of a good or bad dog daddy:dog:

Prin
August 23rd, 2006, 02:48 PM
ooo but it would be such a scam if his dog was so well-behaved but it wasn't his... :eek:

A man who loves his doggy and vice versa is really a nice thing to see though, even if the doggy is nuts.:D

See look how adorable:
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=28352&highlight=emma
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=26623&highlight=emma

54) people who think any 8 week old dog will be housetrained

Golden Girls
August 23rd, 2006, 02:52 PM
Lazy People:

54) who use crates as punishments

56) who get a 2nd dog to entertain their 1st

Prin
August 23rd, 2006, 02:54 PM
56) who get a 2nd dog to entertain their 1stooo that's a good one!

Shaykeija
August 23rd, 2006, 03:49 PM
People who don't understand that when we loose a cherished pet our hearts are broken. :(

technodoll
August 23rd, 2006, 04:04 PM
who get a 2nd dog to entertain their 1st

hey! we did that! :dog:

Prin
August 23rd, 2006, 04:05 PM
hey! we did that! :dog:
Yeah, but that wasn't the only reason.

Golden Girls
August 23rd, 2006, 04:35 PM
hey! we did that! :dog:I also adopted Brandi to help with Misti's loneliness ... but never did I consider it to be their entertainment for the day, besides having two there's that much more to :love:

LM1313
August 23rd, 2006, 04:49 PM
Guys who think having a neutered dog is somehow a reflection on their virility.
People who don't realize that puppies poop. YES, on the expensive carpet!
People who don't understand the difference between a show quality purebred and a pet quality purebred.
People who want to breed their dog because it's a "thoroughbred." A THOROUGHBRED IS A TYPE OF HORSE!!!

technodoll
August 23rd, 2006, 04:51 PM
People who want a particular "brand" of dog (yes, i sometimes get asked what "brand" my dogs are! i just say "Mitsubishi"! LOL) :thumbs up

Prin
August 23rd, 2006, 04:55 PM
63) people who think little dogs don't need to be trained because everything they do is so cute!
64) people who look down on other people who view their dogs as furchildren
65) people who think people who talk to their dogs are insane.:D

rainbow
August 23rd, 2006, 05:20 PM
65a. Especially when you spend so much time with them that you actually carry on a conversation. :crazy:

Writing4Fun
August 24th, 2006, 08:00 AM
People who think paying for meds is a waste of money, when a $0.25 bullet will do the trick (I've actually had someone say this to my face :evil: ).

People who get mad at you because you got mad at them when their intact, unleashed/unrestrained animal jumped on your puppy.

BernerLver
August 24th, 2006, 08:28 AM
63) people who think little dogs don't need to be trained because everything they do is so cute!

:thumbs up Good one! I have a few friends guilty of this :frustrated:

we3beagles
August 24th, 2006, 09:56 AM
-People who don't belong to at least 1 pet fourm
-People that don't know the difference between a pet store pet and a reputable breeder
-People that would put a dog down because they had let it become the alpha
-People that have never been to and could never see themselves throwing a birthday party of some kind for their furbabies
-People who can't afford to care for them properly

jiorji
August 24th, 2006, 10:13 AM

wow you really have it in for little dogs don't you?? hehee:o

I was flipping through this nameless celebrity news magazine :rolleyes: and saw these pictures of Tori Spelling with her unfortunate pug dressed up, not in just a doggie shirt but with shoes and wigs and shawls and everything.

DOn't get a dog to substitute for your lack of celebrity brat kids!

technodoll
August 24th, 2006, 10:14 AM
People who are allegic to pets but keep trying anyways... then "get rid of them" because it didn't work... and turn around and get another pet... etc, etc :mad:

Golden Girls
August 24th, 2006, 10:32 AM
ooo I got a good one:

People who buy a dog just so they can be an alpha :evil:

clarert
August 24th, 2006, 11:09 AM
People who think chaining their dog is a good alternative to buying a fence (my neighbour)

People who have never heard of parvovirus or yearly check-ups until their puppy crawls under our shed and dies of parvo (my other neighbour)

People who wont spay because 'its ok the shelter will take the puppies' (my colleague)

People who look down their nose at mixed breeds and want a 'proper dog' (come on, dalmation, mutt, poodle, mongrel they are all DOGS)

People who go to the shelter and after interviews a dog is recommended to them they dont want it because 'ohhhh its not very pretty is it?'

People who want small dogs because it mean less exercise

People who want a small dog, because they want a dog that can live in the house with them and are disgusted and astounded when they find out you have larger dogs living in the house.

People who think poison is a good answer to pet overpopulation

People who euthanise their dogs because they are 'old'

People who think the dog will be OK chained to a tree during a catagory 5 hurricane (i have witnessed this, and these people were shocked the dogs didnt make it)

happycats
August 24th, 2006, 11:13 AM
okay I lost count, but here goes.

-People who are going to tie it to a dog house about 50 yards from the main house for it's whole life (WTF is up with that anyway??) :mad:

I see it often in rural areas, and I just don't get it?? Does anyone know why people do this??

HunterXHunter
August 24th, 2006, 11:29 AM
65) people who think people who talk to their dogs are insane.:D

LOL, yeah, I get weird looks in the mornings sometimes from people when they hear me tell Hunter: "What are you doing!? This is no time to lie down! We need to get home or I'll be late for work!" or "Hey now, no biting on the leash, we can play tug tonite when I get home."

But I've always wanted (haven't tried it yet) to bark at people who give me weird looks for speaking English to Hunter :crazy:

clarert
August 24th, 2006, 11:31 AM
People who thinking culling a certain breed will stop all dog attacks on humans

HunterXHunter
August 24th, 2006, 11:40 AM
*cough* Michael Bryant *cough*

Sunkist/Winnie
August 24th, 2006, 11:46 AM
People who aren't willing to make sure their fur-babies eat better food than the humans in the house.

Golden Girls
August 24th, 2006, 01:30 PM
okay I lost count, but here goes.
-People who are going to tie it to a dog house about 50 yards from the main house for it's whole life (WTF is up with that anyway??) :mad:
I see it often in rural areas, and I just don't get it?? Does anyone know why people do this??I know hey :confused:

jiorji
August 24th, 2006, 01:39 PM
LOL, yeah, I get weird looks in the mornings sometimes from people when they hear me tell Hunter: "What are you doing!? This is no time to lie down! We need to get home or I'll be late for work!" or "Hey now, no biting on the leash, we can play tug tonite when I get home."

i think those silly people talking on their phone earpiece and you can't see it are more crazy than people talking to a dog.
:crazy:

technodoll
August 24th, 2006, 01:41 PM
People who ask stupid questions like "how does your dog understand you if you don't speak Japanese?" :evil:

jawert1
August 24th, 2006, 01:52 PM
People who aren't willing to make sure their fur-babies eat better food than the humans in the house.

Heh, yeah, I had a coworker comment on that once when I suggested that she feed her 2 small dogs Solid Gold (both have major skin/fur/teeth issues). She looked up the ingredients and was ASTONISHED that my 2 eat better than I do, then commented that no dog food is worth that much a bag (she feeds Beneful cuz the commercials say it's good).

And technodoll, did someone actually *say* that to you???? :eek:

technodoll
August 24th, 2006, 01:54 PM
And technodoll, did someone actually *say* that to you????

more than once :eek: and every once in a while "what brand are your dogs?" :thumbs up i just say "mitsubishi" :crazy:

jawert1
August 24th, 2006, 01:57 PM
Guess I'd better get cracking on my German and Chinese, thank heavens I already speak English! :D Seriously, some ppl just aren't clued in...

oh and one for the list so I don't threadjack

People that assume all hope is lost when a medical problem can't be immediately diagnosed and have them PTS without anything more than usual bloodwork to go on.

Rottielover
August 24th, 2006, 07:17 PM
People who think dogs come 100% trained with out any effort.
People who use rottweilers as a weapon
People who bring an animal to be PTS because of alittle sickness instead of finding out what is wrong with them.
People who allow their children to hug and fondle there dog
People who use dogs as weapons
People who rather go out to eat rather than to feed there animal
People with a nasty temper, take there bad days out on there pets.
God I could go one forever

Prin
August 24th, 2006, 07:49 PM
People who allow their children to hug and fondle there dog:confused: I don't get that one. Why shouldn't kids be allowed to hug their own dog?

Rottielover
August 24th, 2006, 09:01 PM
I do not believe in hugging. It shows dominant nature. A child hugging can even be more dangerous if the dog is having an off day...A dog should be able to tolerate it, but should they have to??

Prin
August 24th, 2006, 09:07 PM
lol don't tell that to my doggies... They get hugged so much I think there are arm imprints around their rib cages...

I wouldn't be the person I am today if my doggies didn't let me hug them growing up (substitute parents).

I don't think it's domination. I think the doggy understands your intentions, if you do it often enough.

Furbaby Momma
August 24th, 2006, 09:38 PM
People who don't take the time before to research about the animal they are getting and realize the amount of time...energy...and money that is involved with taking care of an animal.
People who give up their pet because the reason is the animal is bad...there are no bad animals just bad humans who didn't bother to teach their animal manners, get the animal spayed or neutered and everything was cute when the animal was a kitten/puppy but now it is an adolescent or adult with behavior problems.

technodoll
August 24th, 2006, 09:43 PM
uuhh.... people who get dogs in order to eat them?

(sorry but somebody had to add this nasty one)

pamha
August 25th, 2006, 12:17 AM

I see it often in rural areas, and I just don't get it?? Does anyone know why people do this??

My step-grandpa did this with his 2 hunting dogs. Apparently he thought that living in the house would somehow mess up their training. I don`t know how or when he ever trained or worked with them because they were always chained or penned (separately even) whenever we visited. He always got mad at me & my brother for wanting to play with them & warned us they were mean (don`t know why but they weren`t).

Another excuse could be similar to my FIL- he had always had dogs but got seriously ill & developed allergies to all kinds of animials. At the time they had a beautiful Afghan who ended up spending most of the rest of his life on a chain in the yard- they did bring him in when the weather was extreme, but still no life for a dog (or anything for that matter).

I agree neither should have had dogs, or at least with my FIL, he could`ve rehomed his when it endangered him to have him in the house, just providing some possible answers since you asked "why?"

Prin
August 25th, 2006, 12:23 AM
oo that reminds me-
I think we're at
99) people who KNOW they have really bad allergies, but buy a dog from a puppy mill anyway thinking it's somehow different from all the other dogs they've already gotten rid of.:mad:
100) people who rehome a puppy for being a puppy and then go and buy another puppy. :confused:
101) people who don't train their dogs and they become dominant and aggressive, so they put them down and then they go and get another dog of the same breed or very similar and expect things to be miraculously different. :mad:

wow you really have it in for little dogs don't you?? heheeIf they were trained like big dogs, I wouldn't. :D

102) people who don't housetrain little dogs because it's just a small amount of pee... but then they ask you to doggy sit at your house. :D

rainbow
August 25th, 2006, 12:35 AM
uuhh.... people who get dogs in order to eat them?

Hey, TD, somebody had to do it. :D

rainbow
August 25th, 2006, 12:36 AM
People who tease your dogs when they walk by your fenced yard. :mad:

Prin
August 25th, 2006, 12:40 AM
104) people who poke dogs with sticks through fences.:mad:

rainbow
August 25th, 2006, 01:04 AM
105. People that throw stuff in your yard for your dogs to get.
106. People (neighbours) that give leftover steak bones to your dogs.

Prin
August 25th, 2006, 01:08 AM
Are those people who shouldn't have dogs or people you hate?:D

107) people who think neutering isn't natural

Maya
August 25th, 2006, 01:21 AM
Sorry I know it's for cats but people who think they don't need to give their cat water because it can "find it" outside. Wouldn't be surprised if people have pulled this on their dogs too though.

-People who are going to tie it to a dog house about 50 yards from the main house for it's whole life (WTF is up with that anyway??)

I knew some people who did this and left their old honey lab outside all winter. He was the sweetest dog and they wouldn't even walk him, they'd just tell him to go back whenever he tried to follow them. On one of their generous days when he was allowed to come in out of the cold for a few hours and sit where the shoes went on the cold floor, he had an accident. They decided he was sad at this point and that he was telling them it was his time to go, so took him to be pts like a day later. He had only had the dog house for about six monthes and before that sat under a tree :mad:

technodoll
August 25th, 2006, 08:38 AM
107) people who think neutering isn't natural

well, spaying & neutering ISN'T natural, it's a man-made invention to control the pet population :) it's a good thing, but it ain't "natural".

108) People who get rid of their dog because it doesn't match the new furniture set :mad:

LM1313
August 25th, 2006, 09:32 AM
People who ask stupid questions like "how does your dog understand you if you don't speak Japanese?" :evil:

Oh my gosh, that one made me laugh! :D

technodoll
August 25th, 2006, 09:43 AM
LM1313, you would have had a ball that one time this half-drunk guy was trying to convince us dakotah was a pitbull/collie mix! :D it takes all kinds to make a world go round...

ok back to the topic...

People who get a dog to "babysit" their kids while they watch TV or drink & play poker with their friends

Puppyluv
August 25th, 2006, 09:45 AM
110) People who ask "which one goes better with my hair colour? The chi or the min pin?"

Joey.E.CockersMommy
August 25th, 2006, 10:14 AM
111) People that dont ever walk their dogs cause they are not good on a leash, and instead take them out to their pee spot for one minute, then put them back in the crate for 12 hours.

112) People that cant be bothered to spay or neuter then try to rehome them and expect the new owners to just take care of it.

113) Non dog related - but people that leave there cats in a crate all day. :mad:

Prin
August 25th, 2006, 11:44 AM
well, spaying & neutering ISN'T natural, it's a man-made invention to control the pet population :) it's a good thing, but it ain't "natural".I meant more the ones who never spay and neuter because it deprives their dog of "natural functions". I actually met one who asked me how I would like it if a doctor spayed me by force.. Wrong person to ask- I said, "If only I could find a doctor who would do it!":D

Writing4Fun
August 25th, 2006, 02:13 PM
I actually met one who asked me how I would like it if a doctor spayed me by force.. Wrong person to ask- I said, "If only I could find a doctor who would do it!":D
If you find one, let me know where s/he lives! I've sooo had it with this PMS cr*p! :evil:

technodoll
August 25th, 2006, 02:21 PM
I actually met one who asked me how I would like it if a doctor spayed me by force.. Wrong person to ask- I said, "If only I could find a doctor who would do it!"

me three! me three! maybe we could get a group discount :D

oops veered :offtopic: here.. sorry :angel:

LM1313
August 25th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Me four! :D

I know someone who lives in Australia and keeps getting recurring cancer in her reproductive organs and her doctor refuses to remove them (even though she wants him to) because "what if you want to have kids later?" She doesn't want kids OR cancer, is that so hard to understand? :rolleyes:

Anyway . . . people who think dogs would rather be outside running loose than in the house should not have dogs. My dad believes this . . . genuinely believes that dogs are miserable inside because "in the wild they'd be running around outdoors." *facepalm*

He also believes it's okay to give dogs chicken bones because "wolves eat the bones of animals." :eek: (Because there are so many chickens in the woods??) Not that he actually FEEDS them to dogs, but he thinks it would be okay if people did.

technodoll
August 25th, 2006, 02:35 PM
He also believes it's okay to give dogs chicken bones because "wolves eat the bones of animals."

your dad is right on this one :D it IS perfectly ok to give dogs bones, specially chicken which are among the easiest to digest... but never cooked, that is the thing to remember. only give raw bones. you should hear the crunch-fest at my house every night, LOL! :crazy:

and my dogs WOULD rather be out in the field running around, sniffing and peeing and chasing critters, rather than being in the house... but then what would be the point of owning a dog I would never see? :confused: besides after a while they would miss their hugs, right? :love:

did i go :offtopic: again??? jeeeeeeez!

Prin
August 25th, 2006, 03:54 PM
and my dogs WOULD rather be out in the field running around, sniffing and peeing and chasing critters, rather than being in the house... but then what would be the point of owning a dog I would never see? besides after a while they would miss their hugs, right? I don't think they'd miss their hugs because they would be quickly run over by a car. My uncle had a farm and let his dogs go free. By the time my cousin was 15, she had been through 18 dogs. Not an ideal life for a dog, IMO.

It all depends if your dog would rather chase rabbits and live for 10 more minutes or chase tennis balls and live for 10 more years.

phoenix
August 25th, 2006, 04:23 PM
I guess if you live close to a busy road. But... my parents live far from the road and we never tied our dogs, they were all outside dogs, and they all lived long lives. They can learn their boundaries.

The issue I think is just letting dogs off leash with out training and ignoring them. Our dogs were almost always with someone on the farm. So, I agree with Techno on this one. In the city, where I live, my dogs are couch lovers, but on the farm, it's tough convincing them to come in the house.

technodoll
August 25th, 2006, 04:54 PM
what i meant was, given the choice, my dogs would rather spend most of their time outside playing: they have no concept of danger, cars, traps, etc... they would just love the smells, sights, sounds, dirt, critters, etc. like kids on their summer break playing in their treehouse next to the river, you know? :shrug: of COURSE i would never let them outside unsupervised anywhere, LOL. i was just putting myself in their heads... mmmm what would doggy like... and not hmmm what would human do! :dog:

mummummum
August 28th, 2006, 01:00 PM
People who should not be permitted to have animals are those who do not believe in: using seatbelt harnesses in cars (or worse those who do travel with their dogs in the back bed of pick-ups); protecting their dawgies feet against the harsh elements (hot pavement, salted sidewalks, icy roads) of city life; using their words to communicate (contrary to popular belief dawgs DO NOT instinctively know that chewing shoes is wrong:rolleyes: ); showing affection to their dawgs; the importance of leash laws, leash-free parks, socialization and training; letting a dawg just be a "dawg" sometimes instead of always "at heel"; having a dawg for the sake of having a dawg and not just a best-of-show trophy-winner; their own limitations / mental health issues ~ dawgs are wonderful but they are not a subsitute for medical intervention; people who are not willing to sacrifice or compromise their own wants and needs for the betterment of their dawg's life ( I am personally fully committed to winning the lottery so that my furbrats can have a stay-at-home Mum :D !!).

BernerLver
August 28th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Sorry this one is more personal peeve and breed specific and I don't mean to threadjack!

People who argue with me about my dog's breed and refer to them as

Burmese Mountian Dogs! :mad:

No, it's Burnese, my dogs are not from Burma, they are Swiss :frustrated: