Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Timberwolf Organics

meb999
August 22nd, 2006, 07:22 PM
ok, so I'd love to try this food, but it isn't available in Quebec (actually, it's only available out west) :frustrated: . I wrote to the company to find out if they deliver in Canada -- 'cause I'd just order it from them. But they haven't answered.

Does anyone know if TO ships to montreal? :confused:

http://www.timberwolforganics.com (by the way, if you click on the link, don't be freaked out when a wolf howls once you get on the website --- it makes me jump everytime!! You've been warned!!)

meb999
August 22nd, 2006, 07:31 PM
here's a crazy idea : if we could get 16 people who want to order a 33 pound bag of TO, maybe we could buy it wholesale (minimum purchase to be a dealer is 510 pounds)....
http://www.timberwolforganics.com/category_s/26.htm

Prin
August 22nd, 2006, 07:44 PM
16 bags eh? You wouldn't need 16 people... maybe just 8... Then you'd have a 2 month supply each.

But last time I heard, they wouldn't send any ocean blue up here until they assessed the market better.

Puppyluv
August 22nd, 2006, 07:49 PM
Hrmmmm.... I travel to Calgary 3 times per year, my parents travel to Montreal 4 times per year, if we do carry on, and check 2 bags of TO each flight.... there ya go :p

Prin
August 22nd, 2006, 07:50 PM
You could be our TO dealer.:evil:

meb999
August 22nd, 2006, 07:57 PM
I've only heard rave reviews about this food...and seeing as how I'm having a rough time getting to happy poop-land with Buster...this is a food I'd like to try!!!

Prin
August 22nd, 2006, 08:17 PM
They're still bad? Have you tried cutting back an 1/8 of a cup each day for a couple of days?

What helped with Jemma and Boo in the beginning was giving them a half a portion one day, then 3/4 the next and then gradually increasing it from there. Sometimes it's hard to find the right amount to feed.

meb999
August 23rd, 2006, 07:21 AM
yup....I went all the way down to 1 cup a day...poor Buster was soooo hungry! Since it didn't make a difference (the poos were just smaller, but still yucky), I'm bringing the portions back up. I'm giving Solid gold another month before moving on to something else (he's been on it for at least a month and a half)

The common link between all the hollistic foods I've tried is barley and rice. I'm thinking barley might be the problem. TO have a quite a few flavors with no barley in them (Ocean Blue, Wild and Dry, Dakota Bison....)

phoenix
August 23rd, 2006, 08:25 AM
wish i were in mtl; i'd be in on that for sure. I really want to try TO as well.

Prin
August 23rd, 2006, 11:53 AM
Yeah, if it was available here, I'd try the ocean blue on my doggies.:shrug:

Puppyluv
August 23rd, 2006, 01:08 PM
yup....I went all the way down to 1 cup a day...poor Buster was soooo hungry! Since it didn't make a difference (the poos were just smaller, but still yucky), I'm bringing the portions back up. I'm giving Solid gold another month before moving on to something else (he's been on it for at least a month and a half)

The common link between all the hollistic foods I've tried is barley and rice. I'm thinking barley might be the problem. TO have a quite a few flavors with no barley in them (Ocean Blue, Wild and Dry, Dakota Bison....)

I know there are still questions out there about high protein diets, but have you tried Evo? My parent's dog is on it, and it took less than a week to get happy poops. She is the:queen: of allergies, and her poops were a mess before, just a suggestion.

Prin
August 23rd, 2006, 02:16 PM
I think she was gonna try barking at the moon, but I'm not sure if she did or not...

While I was at woofers today, I asked them if they ever considered TO and the lady said she'd pass my message on to the owner... We'll see. Next time I go I'll try to get there earlier in the morning when the owner is there... They're usually open to trying new things.

meb999
August 23rd, 2006, 08:40 PM
I think she was gonna try barking at the moon, but I'm not sure if she did or not...

I WAS going to buy some Barking at the moon, but the dog food store doesn't sell it (only WK and something and Flocken). I bought a bag of Evo, but I'm afraid to try it (it was an impulse buy, since there was no Barking at the Moon....:o )

Prin
August 23rd, 2006, 08:43 PM
Try it. It should be ok, unless Buster is allergic to poultry.

meb999
August 23rd, 2006, 08:48 PM
I'm starting to think Buster may be allergic to EVERYTHING!!

oh! I was telling one of my bf friends about the trouble I'm having with finding the right food for Buster and he tells me this:

'you should go to Walmart. I bought a food there for Mitsy (his dog that has since passed away)...I don't remember the name, but it's only sold there, and she LOVED it!' hmmmmmmm, Old roy, maybe? Thanks, but no thanks!

rainbow
August 23rd, 2006, 09:11 PM
I'm sorry, but that's probably why Mitzy died. :sad:

Prin
August 23rd, 2006, 09:15 PM
omg that's the answer! Here you've been trying to find a food that he's not allergic to, and all the while, you could have just been feeding him chemicals.:highfive:

BernerLver
August 24th, 2006, 08:46 AM
I switched my guys to Wolf King approx. 1 1/2 months ago and I'm very happy with the results thus far.

I have also heard good things about TO and woudl try it if it were available in Ontario.

I'd be on board with trying to see if we can bring it to other parts of Canada. I may ask at the store where I buy the WK as the owner also seems open to trying new products.