Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Be prepared to be ANNOYED!

Prin
August 21st, 2006, 11:48 PM
Big dog owners beware!

I took some video of my 4.5 lb minpin visitor a couple of weeks ago (aka "the tumor"). Even the video of the annoyance annoys me.

I :love: big dogs.

Ready? Ok.. This is her attempt to sucker me into letting her onto my lap. Then when it isn't working, she goes to bug Boo to get my attention. You can't see Boo, but you can hear him.:D Imagine, every time I severed my tumor off, I got this:
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=3990598500760993865
(Big dogs don't do that... or at least mine never ever do)

This one is really dark for some reason (it wasn't that dark when I uploaded it), but basically, she walks up, puts her tiny nose on top of Boo's nose, let's him smell her and then gets her way... I call it "The Domination of the Boo" :D
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-1308304172547807280

This one is kind of dull but a funny experiment...:D I put Wolf King and her Wellness food in her little ball thing and when the wellness fell out, she didn't eat it- she just kept rolling for WK...(see all the wellness on the floor? :D) The problem was, she was too slow and my digicam has a 30 second limit... :rolleyes:
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=2711364201052532303

And last one (I promise)...
This is Jemma after I worked for two days... I tried to get her nuttiness on camera, but you only really see it in the beginning.... If you don't play with her enough, she plays by herself and runs around so fast, it's like spasms... :D This wacky behavior is what got her rehomed a couple times- the only difference in our house is once we see it starting, we play with her to death. She's getting older, so the spurts don't last as long (you see her take breathers in the video) and she doesn't need as much play time to stay happy... But apparently I didn't give her enough that day.:shrug:
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=7767706998909738249

Joey.E.CockersMommy
August 22nd, 2006, 12:33 AM
Ah the min pin is cute she would be perfect for Joey.Joey goes nutso with his stuffies and runs all over the house with him. I discovered I can make him go nutso if I keep repeating "Joey wanna go for a walk in a fast high pitched girlie tone he goes beserk runs all over the house barking. Then sits and shakes with excitement at the door. :D

Prin
August 22nd, 2006, 12:41 AM
And? Where's the video? :D lol

jiorji
August 22nd, 2006, 01:47 AM
awwwwwwwwww man!! she's so cuuuuuuuute!!:cloud9: tiny lil paws and googly eyes. I love tiny paws:love: I bet she was missing her mommy :sad: even Boo was growling at her
I can't believe you didn't let her go on your lap you meanie :evil:
I love how she attempted to chew Boo's bone...is that what that was?

Go Jemma !! :crazy:

MyBirdIsEvil
August 22nd, 2006, 06:08 AM
This wacky behavior is what got her rehomed a couple times-

She got rehomed for running around? :confused:

I guess not many people could handle walnut then. When she doesn't get enough exercise during the day (enough exercise would probably consist of 6 hrs of heavy activity, lol) she starts running around in circles and up and down the hallway in our house REALLY fast. She'll run fast enough to run across the back of our loveseat sideways. I don't mean across the top, I mean the back, so her side is facing the floor, it's kind of scary, lol
Since we can't give her enough exercise lately she does this often. I'm scared half the time she's gonna smash through the window behind the loveseat, lol. She has so much built up energy it's hard to even distract her during these "episodes". Maybe when I get a treadmill she can wear some of that energy off.

Only bad thing is now she's got my collie chasing her, and he's 55 lbs and growing, and VERY uncoordinated, so I have a feeling I'm going to be replacing broken items fairly soon :rolleyes: .

I need to take some video of it, it's about 10 minutes of nonstop running and attacking toys.

doggy lover
August 22nd, 2006, 08:51 AM
Tucker goes on those crazy runs now and then too, around the coffee table, up the stairs back down around the table again. Silly dogs:p

jiorji
August 22nd, 2006, 10:00 AM
She got rehomed for running around? :confused:

isn't that that the most popular reason why people give up their dogs??
"she's too hyper for our family and we can't handle her behaviour"

I'm pretty sure people don't give up their pets because they're too cute or because they're big couch potatos.
:dog:

marko
August 22nd, 2006, 10:14 AM
I looked at some of the other videos as well. The one of Boo whispering is so cute it's:crazy:

Puppyluv
August 22nd, 2006, 10:39 AM
Aww I love those ears, and the Boo Growl at the end is priceless.

My goodness your dogs are clicky! I've never heard such toe nails before!!!!

Great videos as always Prin :thumbs up

Prin
August 22nd, 2006, 12:19 PM
She got rehomed for running around? She got rehomed for a lot of things. We're her 5th (and LAST) home. Her last owner gave her to me because she was moving to Australia. I've had Jemma for 4 years now and the woman never moved to Australia, but wait... Jemma had spay incontinence that had just started progressing at that time. Coincidence? :rolleyes:

Now she's 5 1/2, but when we first got her, she was so energized. She'd be jumping everywhere. On the bed, on the floor, on the sofa, back on the bed. :D But next to Boo, she's just life. :love:

I'm pretty sure people don't give up their pets because they're too cute or because they're big couch potatos. I'm pretty sure some do. For some people nothing is ever good enough.:sad:

I looked at some of the other videos as well. The one of Boo whispering is so cute it's :crazy: Ya, Boo's got skills. I took another video of him taking my socks off (he's a trained socker-taker-offer) but I figured I'd give you all a rest from the movies...

Puppyluv, that's why I tell people that clicking doesn't necessarily mean the nails are too long and they're in pain. I've never had a doggie that didn't click on the floor. My dad's Jack doesn't... But I cut their nails so often and as short as they can go and still, they dig them into the floors.:shrug: Luckily I love doggies more than floors.:D

chico2
August 22nd, 2006, 04:58 PM
Prin,Bo and Jemma are adorable,funny and very lucky to be with you,the little mini-pin is sooo cute and you would not let him on your lap,now,that's not nice:D

jesse's mommy
August 22nd, 2006, 05:56 PM
I love the videos. Where's the sock taker offer video????

Prin
August 22nd, 2006, 07:25 PM
lol it's coming, it's coming...:D

rainbow
August 22nd, 2006, 07:38 PM
I just found this thread. I was having trouble with the pets.ca site earlier, doing lots of weird things :frustrated: so I guess that's why.

Good videos, Prin....they made me smile. I watched some of the others as well but some said "not available - try again later".

Prin
August 22nd, 2006, 07:40 PM
They're all there for me still...:)

jiorji
August 22nd, 2006, 08:05 PM
uhh what's going on with the person not knowing how to work the camera? Was that you when you first got your camera?

*still waiting for socks-off skill video..........the pressure to post videos...can you feel it??*:D I'm not a patient person you know :o

Prin
August 22nd, 2006, 08:09 PM
lol lol we lent our camera to my man's sister to take pics of her mom's cottage thing they're selling and we accidentally left it on movie mode and they didn't know how to change it out of that. It's hilarious watching them try to figure it out.:D (you can't zoom while it's filming)

Prin
August 22nd, 2006, 08:11 PM
Oh and you have to be patient. It takes about 2 days for the videos to become live and I just uploaded it...:o

jesse's mommy
August 22nd, 2006, 08:16 PM
Great, we have to wait two days. I can't believe you would tease us with the video existing, but waiting to upload it. You're like the paparazzi waiting for the highest bidder. :evil:

MyBirdIsEvil
August 22nd, 2006, 08:17 PM
isn't that that the most popular reason why people give up their dogs??
"she's too hyper for our family and we can't handle her behaviour"

I suppose your right, I just don't think of it like that because I specifically wanted a high energy dog.
I understand that if she's not exercised enough she will be hyperactive in the house, but I wanted a dog that could go to the river with us or hiking, or follow our four-wheelers etc., and go all day without getting tired out.

I guess most people just don't do the research into the breeds they get, and they get a lab or something 'cause they figure it will be a good family pet, not even thinking "hmmm, this is a hunting dog bred to be high energy and work all day, maybe I should pass".

Prin
August 22nd, 2006, 08:19 PM
Yeah, anybody who gets a lab/husky mix because it's cute is in deeeeeep trouble.;) Don't fall for them blue eyes.:evil:

Jesse's mommy, what's the bidding gonna start at? :evil:

jesse's mommy
August 22nd, 2006, 08:20 PM
Two dolla, two dolla!

technodoll
August 22nd, 2006, 08:31 PM
ooooh that "tumor" would drive me baaanaaanaaas! :party: would you ever dogsit her again? or would the kids just walk out on you if you did, LOL! :crazy:

jiorji
August 22nd, 2006, 08:42 PM
I can tell both TD and Prin would not be good cat owners :rolleyes:
you guys have no idea how much abuse I take when I ignore those two. Pawing and loud meowing and jumping on me.
THe minpin is nothing compared to a cat demanding attention, right Chico??;) :cat:

Prin
August 22nd, 2006, 08:48 PM
lol I have no idea if I would take her again. I'm the only one her owner trusts with her doggy... But man that was a PAIN! I've never realized how independent and perfect my doggies are for me.:)

Right, no kitties for me.

Bad news folks.. I accidentally filmed the socks with the tiniest size on my camera... So it's not gonna be too clear.:o

Prin
August 25th, 2006, 01:31 AM
Here it is! It's very dark.. In my next lifetime, my doggies are going to be white and camera friendly... (btw, he also does long socks and wooly socks, not just the little ones)
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=7674586110678486352

This one is hilarious, IMO.. Boo on a paper rampage.
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-7901323574566740994
When he runs through the kitchen, you see all the paper strewn aboot. When he had really bad separation anxiety, within 10 minutes of our departure, the whole house looked like that. Now, he just narrows it down to kleenex boxes...

Continuation of the death of the scotties box (very short):
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-599116589518831886

jiorji
August 25th, 2006, 01:51 AM
i'm assuming the scotties box looked at Boo funny. You can never trust those things

Prin
August 25th, 2006, 01:54 AM
lol the scotties box, the newspaper, the toilet paper roll and a variety of other paper products- they all ganged up on him.

Skryker
August 25th, 2006, 02:35 AM
Yep, those paper products! Good thing we have such brave animals to protect us from them, right? :rolleyes: Otherwise, I might actually be able to read the flyers and find out what's on sale.:frustrated:

Prin
August 25th, 2006, 02:38 AM
lol but hey, at least you don't have to crush any boxes for the recycling.:D

Skryker
August 25th, 2006, 02:40 AM
Nope, just pick up the shreds and put 'em in the recycle box. The collection guys must think we're obsessive about ripping up boxes!

Prin
August 25th, 2006, 12:18 PM
lol I know, eh? They must think we misunderstood or something. "Ma'am, you don't have to shred the boxes; flattening them is good enough."