Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Question about fighting cats

scuba0095
August 21st, 2006, 04:21 PM
Hello

I recently adopted a recently nutered male 3 year old tom cat. He is a very large strong cat. I already have 2 cats so he is my third. He seems fine with my stricktly indoor cat and just ignores him. But he has a personal HATE for my resident FIEsty calico who herself was the top cat before he arrivied. HE is about double her size so I think its a good thing she runs from him. But im curious will they work it out themselves and live in peace? BOth he and her indoor outdoor cats and ive caught him chasing and attacking her both inside and outside of the house. SO far i dont get in the way it usually ends up with either she runs away or she puts herself in a postion under the bed or behind the sofa & presents her claws so its nearly impossible for him to do anything to her without having his faced sliced up. Ive checked both of them for marks she doesnt seem to have any marks but he is sliced on his leg. WIll he never give uP? HE is only hurting himself as well as her by trying to get in fights with her. Both are outside right now, I Just hope their fighting stops its getting really annoying. I think he wants postion of dominant alpha but hes proved hes the boss by having her run away from him what more does he want?

MyBirdIsEvil
August 21st, 2006, 05:52 PM
Btw, without keeping the cats inside, it would be hard to settle any fights between them because you can't supervise their interactions at all times.

Blathach
August 21st, 2006, 06:58 PM
The purpose of this forum is to educate. Rudeness will NOT be tolerated on this board by anybody at all. If you cannot respond with kindness, do not respond at all.

This thread will remain open for now, but will be closed if the rudeness resumes from any parties involved.