Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Nice Day

Angies Man
August 21st, 2006, 02:13 AM
It's absolutely wonderful late summer here in Reno, gateway from the east to the high Sierras! Kinda glad I was able to miss the Snoodle-doodle wars today. :evil:

Angie (my now 4 month old fe. Std. Poodle) & I went up into the mountains today to go boating (me on an old Seadoo) and a second shot at seeing if Angie would voluntarily go swimming with me. Great day! She followed me into lake off leash and rather happy paddled around with me. She went in a couple of different times and appears to be a happy water dog. Water was warm (upper 70's), little wind, and air temps in the 80's.

I admit, with most dogs I've owned, there was a moment of adopter's (buyer's?) remorse. Is this the right dog? And am I the right owner for her/him? Did I make a mistake getting another dog. I don't think there's going to be that moment with this one--she's 95% well behaved, a little mischevious (loves to steal socks out of the laundry,) so calm and getting better about making up with strangers.

At the lake, on the beach we were on, there were some other dogs, my brother's spayed FE. GSD, Sadie, who thinks she's an alpha (she's not.) And there was an adult Yellow Lab (looked like Ol' Yeller in the movie) and a nice little 4 month old male Rotty-Lab mix. The other puppy and Angie became immediate tear through the undergrowth friends. So fun to see them running and playing happily. Angie liked the big male pretty well--he was pretty laid back. (The Yellow Lab & Rotty-Lab puppy had a nice family with a Mom & Dad & 1.2 young children, btw.):D

Fun with Sadie, she's a big, healthy GSD, who likes to play attack and growl with her dog friends. Sadie is an accomplished swimmer, follows my brother out in the lagoon behind his kayak. Loves to play chase, but she's pretty big and lumbering. Poodles are pretty agile, and Angie's small enough to run almost upright under my Geo Tracker and boat trailer. Poor Sadie, gets so frustrated! And when Angie gets bigger, she'll be able to run poor Sadie into the ground. :)

Just a fine day to have a couple of nice dogs around, hadda share.:dog:

Prin
August 21st, 2006, 02:16 AM
It's absolutely wonderful late summer here in Reno, gateway from the east to the high Sierras! Kinda glad I was able to miss the Snoodle-doodle wars todaylol Snoodle-doodle.:D

Great story.. Considering a lot of us spent the day on here, avoiding the constant rain, it's nice to live vicariously.:D

OntarioGreys
August 21st, 2006, 10:14 AM
Does sound like a perfect day.

So how is that Tracker holding up? it has been over 3 years since the last one rolled off the assembly line here where I work

Angies Man
August 21st, 2006, 12:33 PM
Does sound like a perfect day.

So how is that Tracker holding up? it has been over 3 years since the last one rolled off the assembly line here where I work

Mine's an 89, about 170,000 miles, and got an engine overhaul last fall. Not huge amounts of road salt here, so it's ugly but sound. It's a great little truck, nothing better for bumping around the back country--it's got 3" lift kit and bigger (235 78) snow tires on it. Nothing stops it.:thumbs up