Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

That's right you low life loser, you get what you deserve!!!

Puppyluv
August 21st, 2006, 12:14 AM
As many of you all know, our tips at work were stolen two weeks ago. Well today at work, there were three of us working, one guy was taking the Garbage downstairs, and I was wrapping cookies, with my back to the cash. A guy came in and asked the cashier for a cup of water. He gets it, and out of the corner of his eye, he hears the tips. He turns around and sees the guy sliding the tips into his bag and start to run off. He turns to me and says "Rebecca, that @$$hole just STOLE OUR TIPS!!!" and runs off, I say "are you SERIOUS?" (both of us are totally calm until the end of our sentences) and chase after him. I slipped and messed up my knee but kept following, screaming "STOP HIM!!!" over and over again. A couple with a 15 yo dog joined us in the chase and we chased him back and fourth for 4 blocks, when all of a sudden he dissapears. The 4 of us stand on the corner talking about it for a couple of minutes, when the woman of the couple said "hey, there's a path, maybe he went down it..." and went down the path. About 30 seconds later, I decided to follow her, because I realized that if he was back there, and he hurt her, I would feel horrible, because she didn't have to get involved. So I start to walk down the path. As I do, I look down, and I see the guy lying under the van right nest to the path. I start stomping on him, screaming "I HAVE HIM! I HAVE HIM!" (Inserrt many expletives throughout this entire thing) stomping on him, and as he gets up, ripping at him, hitting him, and pulling his bag off his shoulder. My work partner was on the phone with 911, getting the cops. I gave him a beating and got the bag with our tips, but he got away again, and we chased him another 2blocks, but lost him again. When we went through the bag, we found a hospital wrist band with his name, so we gave it to the cops, and they searched it, and he had a criminal record, so they're bringing him in, and I have to go in an identify him in a lineup. Apparantly he's on probation and in for some time if I ID him. We did a full polove report, and I'm still full of the adrenaline, even though it happened almost 7 hours ago!!!

Skryker
August 21st, 2006, 12:17 AM
:thumbs up You go, girl! Barista Girl, Defender of the Working Class!;)

I'm glad you didn't get more hurt than your knee, though.

Puppyluv
August 21st, 2006, 12:27 AM
As we were coming back to the store, there were these 2 big guys who figured out what had happened, and they told us we could be their security whenever we wanted (they are event organizers) :p Honestly, if you were going to steal from a combo of people, us three were the least likely to get it back.. the guy getting the Garbage is uber aloof, and distracted, and the guy who got the water can normally not run more than 1/4 of a block before almost dying. I can run, but I'm no sprinter, it was awesome!! I can't get over it!!

Skryker
August 21st, 2006, 12:30 AM
Oh, dear, I think you might be an adrenaline junkie in the making! LOL!

Probably felt so good to DO something after the last time it happened. Do you think it was the same guy?

jiorji
August 21st, 2006, 12:31 AM
WOW!

My opinion of you is TOTALLY changed!:eek:

i wouldn't want to get you mad. That takes some guts. When i was working in retail we were always told to let people go if they steal as it could be dangerous. And the store we worked at...P**r 1, *ahem*, was in suburbia so it would've been far less dangerous. People who stole from us were usually employees. ...yes she got fired :evil:

but good job! Just be careful man!

Puppyluv
August 21st, 2006, 12:33 AM
Probably felt so good to DO something after the last time it happened. Do you think it was the same guy?
I do, I wasn't there last time, so I'm not sure, but he matches the vague description they gave... blonde hair, young, 5'9-ish, slender, blue messenger bag, glasses, asked for water, slid the tips into the bag...

And it did feel sooo good. I hate thinking that it felt good to stomp my foot into someones back, but it did (besides, I was wearing crocs, so they can't do much damage :p)

Skryker
August 21st, 2006, 12:35 AM
Ha ha, Crocs-so many uses. You can wear 'em to humanely subdue thieves!

rainbow
August 21st, 2006, 12:36 AM
Amazing story Puppyluv, but boy, did you ever take a chance. :eek:

Glad you and the others are OK. Hospital wrist band...hmmm, I bet he is a druggie.

Puppyluv
August 21st, 2006, 12:39 AM
I know, afterwards I realized how badly I could have been hurt. If he had a knife, he could have slashed my ankles while I was standing next to the van, or pull it out while I was wrastling with him. But he didn't have anything but his bag and a VERY nice watch in it.....and our tips.

jiorji
August 21st, 2006, 12:42 AM
the watch was probably stolen too :mad:

Skryker
August 21st, 2006, 12:42 AM
I figured I'd tease you a bit instead of nag you about danger. When you tell your mother, she'll probably nag you enough for all of us combined!;)

Puppyluv
August 21st, 2006, 12:49 AM
OH I'll hear it from my mom.:rolleyes:

I still think it's funny how we didn't take off our hats or aprons so there are two people in black baseball caps falling off our heads, green aprons flying in the wind, screaming their heads off:o

Prin
August 21st, 2006, 01:09 AM
Pretty scary! Puppyluv by night, Crime-fighting Puppyluv by day. :D

So uhh... are you guys going to empty your tips more often now, or are you just going to let this happen every week or so?:o

badger
August 21st, 2006, 06:23 AM
Sounds like a lead-in to an episode of Law and Order. A line-up!!! Can I have your autograph?

technodoll
August 21st, 2006, 06:35 AM
oh my gawwwwd!!! :eek: :eek:

and

:eek: :eek: !!!!

way to GO becca!!! i'm so dang proud of you girl! SOMEBODY's gotta show these little *****s they can't get away with this crap!! :evil: All you need now is a nice red cape and they'll never steal your tips again!

:highfive:

Puppyluv
August 21st, 2006, 09:30 AM
Pretty scary! Puppyluv by night, Crime-fighting Puppyluv by day. :D

So uhh... are you guys going to empty your tips more often now, or are you just going to let this happen every week or so?:o

On my way to work today, I'm stopping at home depot to get a more solid one and a drill, and we're drilling it into the wall.... hopefully that will do something... We did start emptying it more often, so this time there was only about 100$ or so in it.... but still.....

OntarioGreys
August 21st, 2006, 09:39 AM
Glad you got your money back but if the police do get him before any bruises disappear there is a chance he could counter charge for assault and legally he can because under Canadian law we don't have the legal right to take the law into our own hands. There is a good chance he will get to walk free instead as a way to drop the charge against you, sadly your punishment you dished out is likely going to be more or a deterrent than what he would have got through the legal system. If you were in living in the US you would be quite within your right to protect your property by beating him or in some states shooting him

Puppyluv
August 21st, 2006, 10:57 AM
Glad you got your money back but if the police do get him before any bruises disappear there is a chance he could counter charge for assault and legally he can because under Canadian law we don't have the legal right to take the law into our own hands. There is a good chance he will get to walk free instead as a way to drop the charge against you, sadly your punishment you dished out is likely going to be more or a deterrent than what he would have got through the legal system. If you were in living in the US you would be quite within your right to protect your property by beating him or in some states shooting him

We asked about that, and they said that because when he started to struggle we let go, we're fine, and that we are protected under a citizen's act.

HunterXHunter
August 21st, 2006, 11:10 AM
Wow...that was...wow...but don't try stuff like that alone though, it could be dangerous if the guy had a weapon...but...WOW :thumbs up

And it did feel sooo good. I hate thinking that it felt good to stomp my foot into someones back, but it did (besides, I was wearing crocs, so they can't do much damage :p)

Maybe you should carry heels (or at least one for your stomping foot) from now on...

Puppyluv
August 21st, 2006, 11:19 AM
Maybe you should carry heels (or at least one for your stomping foot) from now on...
Durn it! I had a pair in my car a block away! 3" no less!

Rick C
August 21st, 2006, 11:51 AM
As many of you all know . . . . .

An Epik Chase for sure Puppyluv . . . . congrats on your success.

Just so you know, you're a better "man" than me as I had a similar opportunity at the airport in Atlanta last November . . . . I'm standing just outside a shop when this kid carrying a bag trips and falls flat on his face right in front of me . . . . . a lady shopowner starts to say "Stop!! Stop!!" and, as the squirrels are running the treadmill in my head trying to put together what all this might mean, this guy scrambles to his feet and is off like a shot, disappearing into the crowd.

Obviously, a pro shoplifter.

Now, being of fine physical but apparently not mental reflexes, I know in hindsight I could have jumped him while he was down and pinned him there with minimal risk to myself . . . . . but I didn't.

The lady went back into her shop and had airport security on it in a flash but I never found out what eventually happened as my plane was leaving within the half hour.

Congrats on your success in foiling criminal minds. You're a better "man" than me.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Dog Dancer
August 22nd, 2006, 05:28 PM
Way to go girl! I'm sure it was the rush that sent you running, but I wouldn't have done it myself. Here in Vancouver in the past month three people have had their heads bashed in by young thugs when the people tried to intervene in bad behavior these thugs were perpetrating. It's too scary out there now if you ask me. I would defend someone if they were being personally assaulted and their life was at risk (if I could), but I sadly would not intervene if it was a cash or property issue. Sad that it has come to that, but there's such a risk. You're lucky Puppyluv that he wasn't prepared to fight back.

Puppyluv
August 22nd, 2006, 06:00 PM
Yes, I was quite lucky that he was pretty harmless. I have to admit that I don't usually consider the repurcussions on myself that the actions I make can cause, so I really didn't care if he pummelled me, I just wanted to get him. Most of the customers who came by that night and either saw it, or saw me with the police after, came back yesterday and were cheering me on. One guy is even writing an article for the neighbourhood newsletter about it:p

rainbow
August 22nd, 2006, 06:11 PM
Have you had the police lineup yet to ID the guy?

mesaana
August 22nd, 2006, 06:13 PM
Good for you Puppyluv!!!

Puppyluv
August 22nd, 2006, 06:24 PM
Have you had the police lineup yet to ID the guy?

Nope, it's scheduled for friday.

rainbow
August 22nd, 2006, 06:57 PM
I presume you got a good look at him. I hope they don't line up a bunch of similar looking losers. :eek:

Puppyluv
August 22nd, 2006, 07:03 PM
I presume you got a good look at him. I hope they don't line up a bunch of similar looking losers. :eek:
I got an awesome look at him, I was staring him straight in the face for about 3 minutes. That would suck if they chose a whole bunch of "clones"

Prin
August 22nd, 2006, 08:25 PM
What happens if, as usual in Canada, he doesn't get any time in the clink and he's back out on the street the next day? :o

Puppyluv
August 22nd, 2006, 08:28 PM
Well hopefully, since he's a repeat offender he will spend at least a couple of days in the clink, but otherwise I was thinking of hiring that 3d chalk artist to draw his face on the street outfront with a big warning sign :p

Prin
August 22nd, 2006, 08:31 PM
I'd ask the cops while you're there for the line up what to do if he shows up at the café.:shrug:

Maxine
August 22nd, 2006, 09:35 PM
first of all, Chapeau! i would have done the same! What an ***. anyways!
Prin, i dont think he will go any closer. It's a lowlife. Big gangsta don't steel coffe shop tips :D And I know more than I want to know about gangsta, so don't worry too much Puppyluv. alright? :grouphug:

Maxine

dragon_queen
August 22nd, 2006, 11:06 PM
I got an awesome look at him, I was staring him straight in the face for about 3 minutes. That would suck if they chose a whole bunch of "clones"

Picking out a pic is hard, they don't use recent pictures sometimes. The pics are not of these guys at their best and they may have changed since. I was held up twice at gunpoint in a card store in downtown Montreal. I couldn't recognise the guy (maybe they didn't have his pic, one guy looked like it might be him but it wasn't enough).

aside from that, Good for you and I'm glad no-one was hurt.

glasslass
August 25th, 2006, 01:47 AM
So . . . . did you notch your Crocs? Maybe there's a suitable charm you can get for them? If nothing else, a :) charm would do. Actually if there's a :crazy: charm, that would be awsome!

rainbow
August 25th, 2006, 11:11 PM
Nope, it's scheduled for friday.

So, how did it go? :fingerscr

Prin
August 25th, 2006, 11:18 PM
:fingerscr Hope you nailed him and he gets uber time in jail.

rainbow
August 26th, 2006, 02:34 PM
We need an update. :D

technodoll
August 26th, 2006, 03:39 PM
yeah so what happened?? did you ID the creep??? :confused:

rainbow
August 26th, 2006, 11:06 PM
Puppyluv, you're keeping us in suspense. :evil:

Puppyluv
August 26th, 2006, 11:27 PM
Oh crap, sorry guys, just got back from work, and didn't see this from last night:o
Yup, I ID'ed him, it was even pretty easy. They gave me a book of photos with people who had similar descriptions to what I gave, and I got to choose. I won the big prize! :p

technodoll
August 26th, 2006, 11:29 PM
I won the big prize!

let me guess... a new pair of stompin' boots? :p

rainbow
August 26th, 2006, 11:39 PM
Kudos, Puppyluv. :highfive: So, when does he go to court?

Puppyluv
August 26th, 2006, 11:50 PM
let me guess... a new pair of stompin' boots? :p
I wish... but no, it just felt like a game show when I was doing the id-ing, but I don't think the cops felt the same way.:p

He is SUPPOSED to go to court in 3 weeks.. HA HA HA yeah..... right.....

rainbow
August 27th, 2006, 12:09 AM
Well, we can always hope. :fingerscr

Prin
August 27th, 2006, 12:26 AM
Wooo!! Kick anal glands!:D