Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Trivial Poll of the night! Tea or Coffee?

Prin
August 20th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Last summer when things were calm but heated at the same time, I posted trivial polls to loosen us up. :D

I checked and checked, and I don't think I've asked this one before...

So...

Tea or coffee?

(wait for the poll)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
August 20th, 2006, 09:37 PM
I am waiting where is the pole - coffee for me - need two cups in the morning or I am grumpy -then thats it for me - if I have any more I am awake staring at the ceiling at night unable to get to sleep.

Also have to have coffee within 10 minutes of waking up. Even if I am going out for coffee I will still make it in the morning. So those days I dont sleep very well. :D

Oh yes and if I wake up and we are out of coffee it throws my whole day outta whack.

Prin
August 20th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Takes me a while to try to imagine ALL the possible options... And I still forget some.:D

jesse's mommy
August 20th, 2006, 09:45 PM
I like tea. :D

LibbyP
August 20th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Well now this is a easy poll and I can answer right away - I'm a tea girl all the way, all year - herbal only pls but if I don't have a choice then blk. I am also a hot choc. winter mostly. I must admit I LOVE the smell of coffee cannot stand the taste except when I was preggers:shrug: and then I drank moca's(ws)(hot choc./coffee) cannot drink then now though :yuck:

Prin
August 20th, 2006, 09:54 PM
Well now this is a easy poll and I can answer right away That's what the "trivial" part implies... if I get it right.:D

I love the smell of coffee too, but can't stand the taste. :sick: Way too bitter. But I like it in chocolates...:shrug:

I'm mainly a black tea person, with some herbal to relieve stress or anxiety every now and then...

Brat
August 20th, 2006, 09:56 PM
I mostly drink only water.. I wish I liked coffee. :(

jiorji
August 20th, 2006, 10:00 PM
i can't have both??
i drink lots of tea in winter as well as my morning coffee, but in the summer I can't drink tea because it;s so much hotter.

I love jasmine tea YUM!

PS. my hands don't shake. I don't think any of my teas have caffeine in them
there's this middle eastern store downtown near Concordia and the guy there has awesome exotic teas :)

Prin
August 20th, 2006, 10:01 PM
i can't have both??
Of course you can!
Both coffee and tea, any and all! Wooo!! (Why don't my hands stop shaking!?)

jiorji
August 20th, 2006, 10:05 PM
yep that's what I voted for...I posted before I voted:rolleyes:

rainbow
August 20th, 2006, 10:09 PM
I drink decaf coffee so I didn't vote. I drink tea when someone comes over that likes it. I guess I need to get one of those 2 cup teapots. ;)

Prin
August 20th, 2006, 10:12 PM
Decaf, eh? Hmm.. :o Technically, your answer is not there, and my poll is, once again, flawed. I'm rusty! (that'll be my excuse for the rest of the summer, ok?)

"We're sorry we couldn't accommodate your preference.":o

So, uh... Anybody like any funky teas or coffees?

LibbyP
August 20th, 2006, 10:15 PM
I drink decaf coffee so I didn't vote. I drink tea when someone comes over that likes it. I guess I need to get one of those 2 cup teapots. ;)

There a handy little thing, I have three, because you know everyone is going to pick a differnt tea to drink, what I need is a tea caddy (box that holds all the differnt kinds of tea) so when friends want a cup you can just pull it out and all your fav flavours are right there and the can pick themselves, yup thats one to add to the Christmas list. Some of my favs are cinnamon, blackcurrant, green, lemon soother, rosehip and hibiscus flowers, apple cinnamon, sleepy time and that's all I can think of right now

technodoll
August 20th, 2006, 10:49 PM
prin you have the BEST polls :D

i love (most) coffee (tim hortons is NOT coffee), specially kickbutt lattes, and love black teas any flavor. but not herbal teas, gaaag.

:thumbs up

Maya
August 20th, 2006, 11:11 PM
I love coffee but it makes me way to hyper so I can only have one cup like before noon even then it could keep me up all night so I have to avoid it :sad: I also like black tea but it upsets my stomach. Luckily I like green tea too and am fine with it. I recently found Yogi Tea which has lots of different varieties of green tea like chi green tea, grapeseed etc.. also herbal ones like licorice and it's organic :thumbs up

rainbow
August 21st, 2006, 12:47 AM
I love coffee but it makes me way to hyper so I can only have one cup like before noon even then it could keep me up all night so I have to avoid it

Maya, I was the same way and have hypertension, that's why I switched to decaf. I was reluctant to at first but was really surprised that there is absolutely no taste difference.

Skryker
August 21st, 2006, 01:28 AM
I will drink coffee and once in awhile crave it, but there's too much caffeine for me. I have had some excellent coffee and so am spoiled for it-my husband drinks Tim's everyday, but I'm not so much a fan (but, shhhh! don't tell, OK?).

Tea, any and all! Not supposed to drink black tea, but I do sometimes. My favourite Orange Pekoe is King Cole, which, for my money, puts coffee in the shade for a quick wake up. Let that stuff steep for 10 minutes and it doesn't matter how tired you were, no problem! :p I've actually weaned my coffee junkie husband from burning out a coffee maker a year to going through a box of tea every couple of weeks, instead. If I want something mellower, I go for Irish Breakfast Tea.

And then green tea, green tea with lemon and ginseng (with honey in it if I have a cold), lemon zinger, Monk's blend if I can find it, Apple Mango, black currant, mandarin spice.

Libby, my daughter's school fundraiser last year had a wooden tea chest as one of the options. We love it-it's a nice wooden box divided into 6 compartments inside. It came with 6 different teas and my daughter just loved the French Vanilla one.

Puppyluv
August 21st, 2006, 01:38 AM
Who needs caffeine, when you have adrenaline?!?!?
No, I'm a French Press drinker, and only a French Press drinker. Oh and tea too. Oh, and ristretto espressos. Ok, so not only French Press, but mostly French press.

Skryker
August 21st, 2006, 01:40 AM
I've been thinking of getting a French Press for my husband. Do you know if the home ones are any good?

(Heh-typing that almost changed this thread completely-I was going to get a "French Dress" for my husband!:eek: That's probably way too much info!)

Puppyluv
August 21st, 2006, 01:52 AM
I have one at home, and I love it, but only bodum's will do. It's totally worth it. My dad even has a french press on his desk at work so that he doesnt have to drink drip.(Little known fact here.. you can get french press at coffee shopd for the same price as a drip coffee, and you get to choose whatever bean you want, and it will be fresh ground.. you just have to wait for it to be made)

rainbow
August 21st, 2006, 01:58 AM
Is a bodum the same thing as a french press? I've been wanting to get a bodum for a long time to make tea. But haven't been able to find one here....the joys of living in a small town. :frustrated:

Prin
August 21st, 2006, 02:01 AM
If I want something mellower, I go for Irish Breakfast Tea.Mellower? Irish Breakfast is my "hard tea".:o "Prince of wales" tea is my mellower tea.

Skryker
August 21st, 2006, 02:02 AM
He's got a birthday coming up, so I'll have to go shopping. Oh, guess I'd need a coffee grinder, too!

Skryker
August 21st, 2006, 02:06 AM
Mellower? Irish Breakfast is my "hard tea".:o "Prince of wales" tea is my mellower tea.

King Cole is an East Coast brand (the company is in my Mom's hometown, in fact) and it's the one the fishermen swear by. My grandmother can get about 10 cups of tea from one bag-she just skims it through the water. :cool:

Down East, you can get it loose-leaf, which is what my grandfather used to brew in the lumbercamps. Take a handful of tea leaves, drop in a pot of boiling water and let it boil for a few minutes. That stuff could strip rust, I'm sure!

My family used to have a tea exchange going-whoever was headed Maritime way stocked up on Red Rose (which they couldn't get) to take with them and brought back King Cole.

Prin
August 21st, 2006, 02:14 AM
I brought a box of "teasanes" from Qc over to Ireland for my roommate to try. She took one sip and started yelling at me for trying to trick her into drinking pot-pourri.:D

MyBirdIsEvil
August 21st, 2006, 02:22 AM
I drink iced tea year round, but I just count that as a soft drink since I rarely drink carbonated drinks.
I usually drink iced coffee in the summer.
As far as hot tea, I drink that just about every day in the winter. I don't really like hot coffee much.
I have all kinds of tea: black tea, green tea, white tea, herbal teas; several varieties and brands of each.
I'd have to say my favorite tea though is genmaicha (green tea with roasted brown rice). It has a nice toasty flavor.
I drink all the tea I make myself with turbinado sugar and/or honey.
I think I may be a tea snob :eek: .

Cinnabear
August 21st, 2006, 02:40 AM
I drink orange pekoe all the time at home 4 - 8 a day. Averaging 2 - 4 caramel lattes at Starbucks a week. If I go to a restaraunt it's usually coffee, vere rarely tea or earl grey there.

HunterXHunter
August 21st, 2006, 12:17 PM
I almost clicked the wrong option because my damn hands were shaking too much from the coffee and tea :crazy:

Puppyluv
August 21st, 2006, 12:25 PM
Is a bodum the same thing as a french press? I've been wanting to get a bodum for a long time to make tea. But haven't been able to find one here....the joys of living in a small town. :frustrated:
Bodum is the brand name, they make french presses and tea presses, and other stuff too. There are other brands of French presses, but nothing beats a bodum.
Bodum Coffee (http://www.bodum.com/pages/products/productshow.asp?vFamID=10&famSubId=1001&rid=1477)
Bodum Tea (http://www.bodum.com/pages/products/productshow.asp?vFamID=11&famSubId=1102&rid=1482)

Puppyluv
August 21st, 2006, 12:49 PM
I love coffee but it makes me way to hyper so I can only have one cup like before noon even then it could keep me up all night so I have to avoid it :sad: I also like black tea but it upsets my stomach. Luckily I like green tea too and am fine with it. I recently found Yogi Tea which has lots of different varieties of green tea like chi green tea, grapeseed etc.. also herbal ones like licorice and it's organic :thumbs up
Some of my oatmeal friends introduced me to yogi tea in my 1st year at uni, I fell in love with it! They have a really neat cocoa spice tea! mmmm
Another really good one is Northern Delights tea. It's Canadian Inuit tea! It's sooooo good!! Northern Delights (http://www.ainc-inac.gc.ca/qc/aqc/art/inuits_e.html)
more delights (http://www.avataq.qc.ca/tea_files/tea_en.cfm)

SnowDancer
August 21st, 2006, 01:24 PM
No hot drinks for me - just Coca Cola Classic. Hate the taste of coffee and I always manage to pick the one coffee or mocha flavoured chocolate from the box.

Prin
August 21st, 2006, 01:31 PM
SnowDancer, try smelling the chocolate first.. The coffee usually smells strong enough to break through the chocolatey coating. Then pass it to me.:D

LibbyP
August 21st, 2006, 01:45 PM
:offtopic: sorry but Prin you can have my coffee filled choc. also:D plus I'd be more than happy to send any liquor filled, mellow filled, cream filled(orange/strawberry/etc) But I'm sorry I draw the line when it comes to nuts and caramel yummy, sorry for being :offtopic: again but you guys brought it up:D

Dog Dancer
August 21st, 2006, 05:31 PM
So it appears I'm the only one living with an Italian... I'm hooked on espresso now, first thing in the a.m. but I make a latte. At night we use decaf espresso with Sambuca.

I also like Chai tea but don't drink it so often. I had to laugh though at the local market and they had all these funky herbal teas called skinny tea, sleepy tea, PMS tea, you get my drift, then they had one called Horny Goat tea and I was laughing at that one with the lady in line with me and she said she had to buy it for her boyfriend. Mine wouldn't have understood the joke because it wouldn't translate the same to Italian so I passed on it, but would like to meet that lady again and see what she thought of it...

Maya
August 21st, 2006, 07:09 PM
Some of my oatmeal friends introduced me to yogi tea in my 1st year at uni, I fell in love with it! They have a really neat cocoa spice tea! mmmm
Another really good one is Northern Delights tea. It's Canadian Inuit tea! It's sooooo good!!

It's been a while since i've heard oatmeal :D Yes the cocoa spice is the one I want to try next! I'll have to check out the Northern D. too!

Stacer
August 21st, 2006, 08:22 PM
Tea all the way (although this summer I've been trying some of Starbucks frappucinos). My favourite right now is chai, oh god, so good. We've got a cupboard full of all sorts of teas, chamomile, orange pekoe, green, yoga, echinacea, sleepytime, sencha winter dream, peppermint (for digestion!) The hubby drinks coffee sometimes, we got a nice coffee maker and grinder for our wedding so he's been trying out all sorts of coffees. But teas is our mainstay for sure. Side note, my grandmother as well as other old female relatives read tea leaves. I'm not sure if i believe, but my grandmother has been accurate on a number of occasions concerning some serious stuff.:offtopic:

Prin
August 21st, 2006, 08:26 PM
oo I forgot- the second cup iced green tea is pretty tasty. It's so sugary and tea-y that it really uhh.. peps up your afternoon.:D :thumbs up

All this tea talk makes me thirsty.:dog:

Skryker
August 21st, 2006, 10:08 PM
Lol-I was wondering if I was the only one who craves tea after reading this thread. Now I really want some Iced Tea.:angel: