-->

Woman Fatally Attacked By Family Dog

technodoll
August 20th, 2006, 08:05 PM
now this is a story and a half... :(

http://www.wptv.com/News/081906_CSWomanFatally.cfm

Rottielover
August 20th, 2006, 08:12 PM
I saw this story on another site, with more news. This women was apperently just giving her dog a bath when he turned around and mauled her to death. Kinda of scary because this dog suppodely had no history of aggression

Prin
August 20th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Giving her dog a bath in a pool?:confused:

Rottielover
August 20th, 2006, 08:20 PM
no idea, that is what I read, for all we know, maybe she was bathing, while she was being mauled made her way to the pool, thrown into the pool, who knows.

Prin
August 20th, 2006, 08:23 PM
And from the link technodoll posted, they had shown aggression before. It wasn't out of the blue.

rainbow
August 20th, 2006, 09:14 PM
Sad. :sad: There was another story awhile ago about presa canarios attacking someone.

MyBirdIsEvil
August 20th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Something doesn't sound right about that story.
I'll almost bet it was one of those cases where the dog was misbehaving so she tried to alpha roll it or something and it turned on her.
Yes, the dog could have had mental problems, but a lot of people that buy big powerful breeds like this have no idea how to train the dog and use methods such as alpha rolls to get the dog to submit, which as you could guess, on a dog of this size (or any dog for that matter) is a huge mistake.

MyBirdIsEvil
August 20th, 2006, 09:37 PM
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/state/sfl-cdog19aug19,0,84028.story?coll=orl-home-headlines

This article has a lot more information and details.
She'd apparently been cited several times before for letting her dog roam free and having aggressive animals, so it's probably safe to say the dog had a poor temperment in the first place and then she was abusive towards it :( .

Prin
August 20th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Why are they always shady people? You never hear of a pitty or any other dog with full vaccines and a loving family of model citizens mauling anybody.:rolleyes:

technodoll
August 20th, 2006, 09:57 PM
can you hear the BSL people screaming for another addition to their lengthy lists?... :(

jesse's mommy
August 20th, 2006, 10:07 PM
Wow, it happened here. :eek: I haven't watched the news at all this weekend. We were too busy cleaning and doing yardwork.

Angies Man
August 24th, 2006, 12:02 AM
Presa canario dogs have been in the news before:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2001/02/07/MNW32356.DTL

I think there was a feature on CBS "60 Minutes" about this too.

mastifflover
August 26th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Yes Presa just like any other dog can be aggressive and require owners that can handle them. Because I know a few and they are not the least bit aggressive. It is not a breed I would own with kids not a good combo. These are one of the more aggressive mastiffs. Also seems to be more bad breeders in this particular breed of Mastiff