August 20th, 2006, 08:04 PM
A few years ago i started putting together a things to do before i die list(so far i have 118 things, and have only achived about 17!)
Anyways I think it would be fun to put together a "pets.ca" list of our own and it would be interesting to see what people come up with and the different things people want to do.
I'll start it off and everyone feel free to add as much goals as youd like
The pets.ca Ultimate "things to do before you die" list!
1)Move to Australia (or at least take a trip there!)
2)Live like keith richards for a week!
3)learn how to sail
4)Go to stonehenge
5)See the ruins of Pompeii
August 20th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Are we supposed to continue the numbering or each start our own lists?:o
August 20th, 2006, 08:22 PM
i think it's best to leave that "live like Keith" one 'til last hehe
August 20th, 2006, 08:43 PM
Yeah, or you might end up looking like him. :D
August 20th, 2006, 11:10 PM
lets see I actually do know how to sail :D
before I die -
take a transatlantic flight again - with the family ( I hate flying :eek: now)
start a business - even if I dont make money at it :D
weed my garden :D
August 21st, 2006, 11:35 AM
My list typically revolves around travel.
Climb Kilimanjaro in Africa . . . . . I don't think they let you go unless you're 55 and younger and I'm 47, turning 48 in a few months. . . . . so I'd better get on it.
I'd also like to stay here (link below) once before I die . . . .
. . . . . . perhaps taking this train from South Africa to the Falls . . . . .
The two together would be one humoungus, gigantic tab for only a few days so I don't know if it'll ever happen.
Spain and Italy will be coming up in the next few years. "Get 'er done!!" as Larry The Cable Guy would say. Mrs. C wants a Russian river cruise. Australia and New Zealand will be things to do when we have more time in retirement.
Still 22 years before I'm 70!!! My experience in dealing with older people is the "70 yard line" tends to lead to a lessening of activity, not for everyone but its a common theme. I've seen too many people in my practice turning ill before they're 65 for me to bother waiting for retirement. . . . . .
I'd rather overload on experiences rather than material things anyway. You can't take it with you.
Victoria/Long Beach next week. Hawaii for two weeks in October.
August 21st, 2006, 11:49 AM
Mine would revolve around travel and learning.
Travel all around South America
Learn how to properly play bongos, tabla
Learn how to make films
August 21st, 2006, 03:23 PM
Rick c, i agree my list revolves mostly around travelling and experiences rater then material items. My ultimate goal is to see as much of the world as i can.
Prin, either add to the list or make your own(my general idea was to just make one big list, but its interesting just hearing peoples goals and dreams!)
August 21st, 2006, 05:33 PM
Well,seeing I am 63 soon,my list is very short:D
I have lived and travelled all over Europe,my favourite city is Vienna Austria.
Seen most of Canada and the US.
Travelling does not have much of an allure to me anymore,but
I would like to go back"home"to Stockholm one more time.
I also would like go to the Amazon,see the rainforest,or what's left of it.
Alaska is also on top of my list,as is the Galapagos(sp?) Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
I would like to learn to speak French perfectly,3 yrs of school-french did not do it.My Frenchman hubbie learned Swedish when we lived there and I would like to make him proud and speak french.
August 21st, 2006, 06:00 PM
My list of things to do before I die... (mostly travelling)
1) go to Greece..
2) get air in the half pipe again.. (I used to be able to)
3) go to Africa (where it all started)
4) go to Australia
5) take my man to Banff
6) Go to the Galapagos islands with Chico.:D
7) go to a warm ocean somewhere
8) go drive on a race track full speed...
hmm... that't all I've got for now.
oh btw Rick, my dad did kilimanjaro a couple of years ago, so he must have been 54 then, but his wife would have been 55...
August 21st, 2006, 08:45 PM
hmmm. things before you die really seems to have a travel theme on this site :D
I guess, as usual, I am different! lol
things I want to do before i die...
Write a book
Learn oil painting
learn to play the fiddle
build my own house
get a tattoo
dye my hair purple!
August 21st, 2006, 10:27 PM
hmmm here are a few that come to mind:
1) pet a bengal tiger
2) own my own house with a big garden (grow my own food) & large back yard (for all the doggies i plan to adopt)
3) learn to make a perfect loaf of bread
4) tour Italy and drink as much coffee there as I can
5) win the lottery and buy a house for each of my family members
6) tell my father how i really feel about when he "left" us 25 years ago
7) live by the sea & own a little cafe
8) learn to kite-surf
9) see northern lights again
...i have so many... just hope to achieve as much as i can! even if #5 is impossible, hey it's MY dream ok? LOL
August 22nd, 2006, 07:09 AM
Technodoll, you can't see northern lights from where you are in QC?
Well come to Alberta to see them and I will show you how to get that perfect loaf of bread while your here! :D :highfive:
August 22nd, 2006, 08:45 AM
I hate to think about death, as I work with the elderly and it happens so often. I think about when I retire and what I want to do before and after then. So I guess that covers before I die. Here are a few things:
1. build my retirement home up north, just a small Cape Cod style home
2. get a bernese mountain dog, probably a rescue or two
3. buy a Rv and travel Canada and the USA, I hate to fly now. Maybe I could visit Rick and see the awsome country that he lives in, other than pictures.
4. See my kids get married and have children and their children, and their children and so on and so on.................that way I can live forever. LOL
August 22nd, 2006, 09:36 AM
Technodoll, you can't see northern lights from where you are in QC?
Well come to Alberta to see them and I will show you how to get that perfect loaf of bread while your here!
nope :( only saw then once in my life, in northern new brunswick in August 1989. the amazing display lasted 3 days... the whole sky was lit up in pale white dancing ghosts, it was incredible. I long to see that again.. while eating freshly baked bread :D do you make your own??
August 22nd, 2006, 12:37 PM
I'd love to see the northern lights in the Yukon or NWT. I saw them last year about an hour and a half north of Montreal, but here they're just green. Way up north, they're all sorts of colors. That would be amazing to see.
August 22nd, 2006, 01:32 PM
Sometimes out here on the bald butt prairie in mid-winter, with a large hill separating me from the lights of Calgary, the green and white Northern Lights dancing across the Milky Way can be a real treat . . . . . but we're far enough south that it's something of a rare treat.
By the way, my brother at one point was going to work for a bus company in Yellowknife which caters to the hordes of Japanese who come to that place in mid-winter for a look at the northern lights. . . . . one of his duties, had he accepted the post, would have been to keep a wary eye on our eager and erstwhile coupling Asian friends as apparently it is monumental good luck in their culture to conceive under the crackling flares, regardless of temperature . . . . if you get my (snow) drift. Running off from the bus for some nooky in the wastelands and perpetual night in mid-winter is probably not a good idea.
August 22nd, 2006, 01:37 PM
lol I only know they're colorful up there because one of the Japanese girls I worked with in whistler went up there and took pics.:D :shrug: She got to see more of Canada than I did.:o
August 22nd, 2006, 09:34 PM
Hmm...sorry if I am stealing some of yours but they made me think!
1) visit the tomb of Qin in china and other historical/ancient sites
2) go to the philipines and visit my bfs family
3) go to india and watch a lot of bollywood!!
4) travel in an RV across all of Canada and the US
5) go back to school to be a pastry chef
6) become a fitness pro and be on those Ms. Fitness America shows (don't know why, but I think it would be super cool!)
7) travel across europe, asia, and middle east to visit all the important archaeological sites and museums (I did my degree in archaeology)
8) Go to central and south america and mexico to visit all the archaeological sites there.
9) learn to read music (I did music from grade 4 to OAC and I am in a choir now, but I still can't remember what letters go with which notes, etc!!!)
10) learn how to make perfect sourdough bread
11) see the northern lights (I have lived in Canada my entire life and NEVER seen them, yet my BF who is from the philipines has!!)
12) learn how to speak frech fluently! (chico, I did french from grade 4 to university and still can't speak it, so don't feel bad!)
13) learn to speak tagalog and ilokano (the languages my bf's parents speak)
14) learn how to curl
15) learn how to golf
16) sing with a large choir some really important peice of music for a large group of people (i.e. doing Carl Orff's Carmina Burana in Roy Thompson Hall)