Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

jack and jill party

raingirl
August 20th, 2006, 11:02 AM
We are invited to a jack and jill today. Never been to one though. Is this considered the bridal shower? Should I bring a gift??

Puppyluv
August 20th, 2006, 11:31 AM
I'm guessing this is a wedding related Jack and Jill, not a sex related Jack and Jill (one would be quite shocked if they expected the former but encountered the latter). If that's the case, then yes, it's to replace a shower, so that both men and women can be involved, and presents are usually brought.

raingirl
August 20th, 2006, 12:29 PM
Hmmm....that is goingto be hard. It's in 30 minutes and we have no idea what to buy!! We don't know where they are registered. Actually, we don't know these people all that well, just friends from taking the train. And I've never even been to a wedding shower before.

Puppyluv
August 20th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Hmmm....that is goingto be hard. It's in 30 minutes and we have no idea what to buy!! We don't know where they are registered. Actually, we don't know these people all that well, just friends from taking the train. And I've never even been to a wedding shower before.

You could bring a joke gift... are you invited to the wedding too? Or just this, since you don't know them well?

Cinnabear
August 20th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Some Jack and Jills are too make money for the couple.

raingirl
August 20th, 2006, 12:54 PM
we were told the theme is "disney" (she is a disney freak!) but that's about it. BBQ lunch, girls inside, boys outside, that's about all we were told. I offered to make some disney cupcakes and I am making some wine charms for them (were supposed to be finished for the party, but I glued by fingers together with superglue while doing to beading, so they will be delayed).

And there are no disney stores in brampton!!!