Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lets unwind!

erykah1310
August 19th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Hi everyone, after a rough night how about we all share some happy stories.

I would like to give a bit of an update on Moxy man ( my last stray)
He is now allowed out with the other cats and is doing great. He gets along with them wonderfully however he is a bit skiddish around the dogs, thankfully the dogs dont really seem to care much that he is here and they leave him alone.
Next weekend the task of finding a home for him begins. I have someone who is interested in taking him and am just waiting to hear back.
:fingerscr

As for Larry and Mia, they are great! I am really glad that I decided to keep them both because they really do tucker each other out.

Next week I am gone for the whole week and am going miss chatting on here, the dogs are going to their doggiesitters and are most likely going to have a great time ( better than me im leaving for work)

So share your recent updates or just a happy story

Prin
August 19th, 2006, 11:39 PM
I'm already unwinding in the threadjack thread.:D http://bestsmileys.com/drinking/2.gif

Hmm... I'm still unemployed (but now it's by choice! well.. not really...)

My man is gone for a while still...

My doggies are sleeping...

I have sunstroke... (my head KILLS)

My check engine light is still on in my car, so I drove my man's car around for a bit and now his engine light is on. Maybe it's me.

I'm going for radiation for my thyroid next month, unless as usual, it gets postponed another 2 months...

Umm.. Uhh..
Wait, this is a bright side thread..
My air conditioner is working really well. :)
I met two big bears today (and technodoll too!).
Boo is healthy again after eating that moldy cheese...

That's all I've got.:o

erykah1310
August 19th, 2006, 11:42 PM
My check engine light is still on in my car, so I drove my man's car around for a bit and now his engine light is on. Maybe it's me.

It may be you Prin!! LOL

However EVERY vehicle i have EVER owned had the check engine light on in it, I looked but I have no idea what to check... It should be more specific :D

Anyway the only reason im without a vehicle usually is cause i blow trannies ( yup 3 trannies and 2 clutches in a little over a year)

As the last tow truck guy stated " I think you have proven your point, you can make a standard move... your just not too good at it. Perhaps get an automatic"

Thanks buddy!!!!;)

Prin
August 19th, 2006, 11:52 PM
lol I've never burned a clutch... I've always driven standard and I think I'm pretty good at it. :D Maybe the towtruck guy has a point. :p :D

My car is an exhaust thing. I had to redo my tranny (previous owner drove it without oil and the first place that redid it didn't use honda parts :rolleyes: so it fried again) and this time, the guy didn't plug stuff in properly. So my speedo keeps unplugging and a $1000-to-replace oxygen sensor (part of the exhaust system) keeps coming out too. Plus my exhaust pipe wasn't put back in properly either, so it's leaking too. My man's car is probably just spark plugs... I just keep on driving my car (because I know what's wrong with it).:D

technodoll
August 20th, 2006, 10:46 AM
as women living with men, do you find that YOU are the car's mechanic & caretaker, or do the men usually take care of that stuff? here, it's always been me :confused: and i'm really tired of it! my man is completely useless in the car department. but he can iron clothes like nobody's business so i guess i can't complain, LOL! :love:

a happy story, let's see... my grandfather suffered another severe epileptic attack friday morning, we thought he was paralysed and was going to die, but he pulled out of it so he has a few more weeks... it cancelled out my family's weekend camping by the sea, a trip we had been planning for months, but it's raining today so we would have gotten soaked... instead i am warm and dry inside drinking a wonderful hot latte, and yesterday afternoon finally got to meet Prin and her most amazing smoooochy beautiful furkids (and boo is definitely not lab!), that was a highlight of my day! :) and in the evening, hubby and i went to this awesome resto on Mont Royal avenue called Aqua Terra, had always wanted to try it... expensive but we hadn't been on a "date" since forever, it was great! and sushi leftovers for dinner tonight. yum. Life is Good! :highfive:

Prin
August 20th, 2006, 11:38 AM
and yesterday afternoon finally got to meet Prin and her most amazing smoooochy beautiful furkids (and boo is definitely not lab!), that was a highlight of my day! People are gonna think I paid you to say Boo's not a lab. :D (He's not btw :D) The highlight of your day... Just your day? Not your year? :confused: :confused: :D

So no vacation thingy means you're not going to get pets.ca withdrawal?

My man takes care of a lot of the car things. I just get screwed (uh.. by the mechanics... I mean, they take all my money and make my car worse... ok?)

Puppyluv
August 20th, 2006, 11:43 AM
People are gonna think I paid you to say Boo's not a lab. :D (He's not btw :D) The highlight of your day... Just your day? Not your year? :confused: :confused: :D
Prin, you're frogetting that she's already met Layla and I this year :p

Sometimes at work I want to make margueritas and pina coladas, I mean we have those kick ass blenders.... sigghhh if only I could drink on the job:evil:

Prin
August 20th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Prin, you're frogetting that she's already met Layla and I this year :pNo, I'm not.

ooooooooo :p

kidding.

Frenchy
August 20th, 2006, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE=Prin]People are gonna think I paid you to say Boo's not a lab. :D I always tought Sam (golden) was mix with some great pyrenee,I find out 2 weeks ago with his tatoo number he is a purebred from Washington!

technodoll
August 20th, 2006, 01:07 PM
a purebred golden, or a purebred pyrenees? :confused:

poodletalk
August 20th, 2006, 01:16 PM
I have to go to a birthday party in an hour, I don't feel like going since my back hurts so much! I want to lie down and watch movies all day.

I will think of the bright side, Italian home made cooking :thumbs up

Frenchy
August 20th, 2006, 02:15 PM
a purebred golden, or a purebred pyrenees? :confused:
Pure golden.I know he's a big golden but I always tought his head was too big for his body and he has a tick undercoat (like a pyrenee) my friend... has a pyrenee and some of Sam's features looks more like the pyrenee than the golden.Maybe it's wishful thinking,the bigger the dog,the better.I would have liked it if Sam had a big dog mix in him.

Prin
August 20th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Maybe his mom umm... "topped up" with a pyranees when nobody was looking.

jiorji
August 20th, 2006, 04:04 PM
(and boo is definitely not lab!),

is this a new inside joke??:confused:

Prin
August 20th, 2006, 04:11 PM
no, it's just that I posted a "what is Boo" thread a long time ago and everybody keeps saying he's just a lab, or a lab mutt, and I'm sitting here, feeling like one of those people who asks a question and gets all mad because she doesn't like the answer, even if it's true, which in this case it is so not. lol So then techno SAW Boo in real life, and she can attest to the fact that Boo, although black with floppy ears, is NOT a lab or lab mix. :D He's definitely a mutt, but if you see him in person and touch him and get to know him, he isn't labby at all. :D He's also way too huge to be a lab.

Anyway, the point is, in pics, he looks like a lab. Maybe. But in person, he isn't.

I've been told (by mafiaprincess) that this pic shows the size difference pretty well between Jemma and Boo.. See, Jemma is lab sized. See how tiny she is?

Ok, is there a thread on this board that my doggies aren't in? I'm surprised you don't all have me on "ignore" by now.. Need me to show you how to do it?:D

Bearsmom
August 20th, 2006, 04:28 PM

I always just open the hood, and say, "yup, it's still got the engine".

Another one to make that annoying light go away is to slap a piece of electrical tape over it. :)

technodoll
August 20th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Boo's so much different in person than in photos. at the picnic there were two black newfies there, and next to boo, they have very similar head structures (minus boo's mystery ears, LOL), eye shape & color, muzzle length, etc, and the height is similar. boo's slender body type can be attributed to another dog in the mix, or just his own genetics, young neutering, etc. half his coat feels and looks like undercoat (specially on his hind legs), a very atypical lab coat, and his feet are long-toed, not cat-toed... he's a mystery all right, but so fun to guess at :D jemma is quite petite next to him, a husky frame with a lab coat. yeah. :crazy:

Prin
August 20th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Bearsmom, is that "mechanics for women 101"? :D

Techno, thanks for educating everybody. :D He is a mystery though. Next to a lot of breeds, he has similar qualities, especially with newfs and pointers, but next to others, like labs and danes, he just doesn't look similar. In pics, maybe, but side by side with another lab or dane, there's just no resemblance.

Maybe I'll just have to come to terms with the fact that this will be the only Boo ever.:(

doggy lover
August 20th, 2006, 04:53 PM
Just came back from the cottage, had a beautiful quiet weekend. Tucker enjoyed chasing frogs in the pond. His friends ran away from home to visit him on Sat. and then this morning yep Tucker ran over to see them. Lucky they are only 1000 away down a atv path across our properties. I swear they have some kind of conspiracy that you visit one day and I'll visit the next, they sure know where to find each other. They are little buggers.:evil:
I know that I haven't been around much but its summer what do you expect. But wow there are a lot of new members.:thumbs up Well fall is coming I know I have seen the changing leaves:yuck: on the trees, so hopefully I won't be so busy to drop in more often.:fingerscr

Prin
August 20th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Oh, no. The leaves are changing? That means they're going to start playing that horrible KFC commercial where the girl starts screaming at a leaf.:rolleyes: :frustrated:

doggy lover
August 20th, 2006, 05:06 PM
:yuck: Thats exactly what I did and my son just looked at me and said "Mom thats old, get over it". I hate having teens sometimes they are just no fun. LOL:yell:

Prin
August 20th, 2006, 05:15 PM
lol I used to be that fun-killing, sarcastic teen (probably still am).:D

doggy lover
August 20th, 2006, 05:19 PM
I'm the type that does or says crazy things at the wrong time. Like I wouldn't think twice of doing something like that in Downtown Toronto on a busy street and when people turn around and look at me say What! It just drives my kids crazy, but their friends thing I'm great. :evil:

Skryker
August 20th, 2006, 05:58 PM
as women living with men, do you find that YOU are the car's mechanic & caretaker, or do the men usually take care of that stuff? here, it's always been me :confused: and i'm really tired of it! my man is completely useless in the car department. but he can iron clothes like nobody's business so i guess i can't complain, LOL! :love:

I'm lucky, I guess-car stuff falls under "manly tasks"-lol! Or, whoever gets to it first, but my guy likes to do it. Makes him feel like he's taking care of me. :rolleyes: Oh, well, means I never have to pump gas unless the tank is really empty while I'm out alone.

One of the most endearingly annoying things my husband ever did was car-related, and pre-relationship. I was going camping with friends (including my husband's ex, whom he was living with at the time) and showed up early to pick some of them up-they lived in the same building as my guy. I deliberately got there early because I needed to replace a headlight and figured I'd replace the wiper-blades while I was at it, and top up all my car related fluids. I've always been proud of the fact that I can all that stuff myself.

So I get there, park behind their building, and prepare to maintain my auto. Uh-huh. My guy and another friend walked out and took over-did all the little jobs for me. When I protested and pointed out that I could do it myself, my guy looked at me and said "Yeah, we know, but we're going to do this for you anyways because we love you. It's a guy thing." :D What the heck do you say to that? I fought down the feminist side of me and let them do it. I quickly realized that it was their way of being worried about me making a 3 hour drive after dark, without actually saying anything about it. :crazy:
(BTW, this was almost a full year before my guy and I started dating. I guess you can see why no-one was very surprised when we got together!)

Prin
August 20th, 2006, 06:17 PM
lol I used to be all independent too.. Now, I'm lazy because I have a man who enjoys these things more than I do.:D

Skryker
August 20th, 2006, 06:24 PM
:offtopic: I'm going to thread-jack here a bit. :sorry:

Prin, I love that pic of your dogs, and everytime I see it, I get the feeling that Boo's face reminds me of a specific dog that I know or have known. Unfortunately, I can't for the life of me put a name to the feeling!:frustrated: Arrrgh! Oh, well, at least I can enjoy the picture. :cloud9:

Prin
August 20th, 2006, 06:28 PM
lol thanks. It's no dog at all- Boo just gives people a warm, fuzzy feeling just as he is. :D

This is another one from that "collection". :D
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/Princi9009/Jemma%20and%20Boo%20best%20winter%2005%2006%20pics/IMG_0330.jpg

Back to regular scheduled programming.:D :offtopic: :D

rainbow
August 20th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Is it just me, or is this becoming the Thread Jack Thread#2 ???

Prin
August 20th, 2006, 07:20 PM
No way!! Showing pics of Boo is "unwinding"! No?

rainbow
August 20th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Of course !!! :o I wasn't here at the time of deciding what Boo is. Were you comparing him to the English Lab or the American Lab?

Prin
August 20th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Either and neither. :D

(but he's definitely father from the English one)

rainbow
August 20th, 2006, 07:59 PM
(but he's definitely father from the English one)

:confused:

Prin
August 20th, 2006, 08:17 PM
FARTHER...:o He's less like the english lab than the american one, but not really like either.

Why is it that when I make a misteek, you're standing/sitting there ready for it?

rainbow
August 20th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Because you always point out mine. ;) And, you post waaay more than me so it just makes sense that I catch more. :D

Prin
August 20th, 2006, 09:08 PM
lol I wouldn't do it to you if I couldn't handle (and laugh) when you do it to me.:D

rainbow
August 20th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Do you want to continue or do you want a truce? :D

Prin
August 20th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Continue, for sure! :D :evil:

I mean, unless it really bugs you....

Joey.E.CockersMommy
August 20th, 2006, 09:30 PM
I havent unwinded yet today -
I took Joey for his 45 minute morning walk today.

Then did a 45 minute workout DVD - about 5 loads of laundry - and I even ironed all my clothes for the week, I never iron so not sure what got into me, and cleaned the bathrooms, made my lunch for tommorow and wrote out a schedule for the week. I still have to do 100 jumping jacks I am sort of in a jumping jack club in another non pet forum, then I should be able to unwind - but then I never got to that big over grown veggie garden. Think I may have to save it till next week end. ;) If I can look at that long - its a real eyesore right now. :yuck:

It might just be time for a crystal kicker - thats after the kids have their very needed bath. :D :yuck:

rainbow
August 20th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Continue it shall be....I have a different sense of humour sometimes in case you haven't noticed. :crazy:

Prin
August 20th, 2006, 09:38 PM
lol rainbow, just had to make sure.:D

Joey's mom, why don't you have a bath instead? Kids are always dirty anyway.:D

rainbow
August 20th, 2006, 09:48 PM
And, there's nothing wrong with making mistakes as long as you learn something from them. :crazy:

technodoll
August 20th, 2006, 09:53 PM
reading my favorite forum is very unwinding :D