Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Just want to know

Brandy101bbb
August 19th, 2006, 10:57 PM
I just want to know if anybody knows anything about Goldendoodles, from previous threads I understand that some people don't like them and don't agree with them. I am not one of those people and really am interested in them I see others asking about oodles and am interested in there imput. I really would like to talk to others who are looking into the so called designer dogs. I love animals and I am upset that on previuos threads people said I must not love my two cats because I want a mixed dog like this, and because I felt insulted by the things they said, I came here to get info not to have to defend my choices I make in the animals I want. So if anybody wnats to let me know about there experiences or things thaye have learned or talk about the oodle you want let me know!

erykah1310
August 19th, 2006, 11:05 PM
I have read all of your previous posts and I do not want to bring that back up, However, since you are searching for information Here is what i do know

1. Just because the dog YOU have your heart set on is an oodle mix. Dont be fooled to think that your pup wont shed.

2. Regardless of what kind of tests the "breeder" sais have been done, it is not a guarantee. Most genetic problems are avoided by long processes of breeding the best possible of the breed together, when you are looking into a mix it is harder to keep track of all that.

3. To pay $1500 + for ANY purebred IMO is rediculous. SO therefore paying that kind of money for a MIX breed is insane.

4. You have some pretty high standards for this future dog of yours. You dont want it to shed, you dont want it to make messes and ect. I really hope you will stick it through. Just because a friend of a friend of yours has a golden retriever poodle mix who is good Dont think yours will be born perfect.

erykah1310
August 19th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Also please check this site out, it may help you a bit to fully understand and research what you are looking for.

http://www.canadasguidetodogs.com/poodle/labradoodle.htm

Good luck in your endeavers of finding this dream dog of yours. And please hold an open mind when you are seeking advise online, perhaps the critique you are recieving here will help you out.
No one can expect an open forum to agree with them!

Prin
August 19th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Are you serious?

NOBODY here is against mutts. Most of us own mutts. We just don't go around saying they're breeds and we don't go buying them when there are hundreds of thousand out there that need homes and are DYING in shelters.

We just want you to rescue a mutt rather than giving your money to people who make up breeds and pretend they can guarantee things. They can't guarantee anything. Do their dogs meet any standards? Are they genetically tested? Are the show/work champions?

Brandy101bbb
August 19th, 2006, 11:14 PM
I understand that others will disagree its just the way they do it, rudley and concesending, as if they know all. I am not expecting my dog to be perfect I have had animals all my life and only once did I ever get rid of an animal, I look at animals like my furbabies, I care for them in the very best way.
I realize that dogs make messes they have to be potty trained obedience trained etc, and I willing to do that 100%. I am just looking into these dogs because from what I have read and researched is that two goldendoodles breed together have a much greater chance of not shedding much or at all. I realize that they amy still shed and thats something I would have to deal with but I want to take all the chances of getting a dog that won't. And I realize that there are gentic problems in all dogs that won't me love my dog any less, if he gets a disease I will deal with it when it happens. Thanks for your advice.

Prin
August 19th, 2006, 11:17 PM
I am just looking into these dogs because from what I have read and researched is that two goldendoodles breed together have a much greater chance of not shedding much or at all.
That is not true at all. Two goldendoodles breeding together have a 50% chance of producing a full, long haired, super sheddy GOLDEN.

If you don't want a shedding dog, get a poodle.

Dragonfly
August 19th, 2006, 11:18 PM
This WILL stay civil or will be locked.

erykah1310
August 19th, 2006, 11:18 PM
Can i just ask a question without you interpreting it as being an attack of any kind???

Im just really wondering why a Golden Retriever Poodle mix is what your heart is set on???

What attributes of the mix is it that has so strongly made your mind up?

Myself I am a Rottie lover. That is my breed of choice, however, if i was looking for a pup, I am not 100% set on getting a Rottie.

Brandy101bbb
August 19th, 2006, 11:20 PM
Are you serious?

NOBODY here is against mutts. Most of us own mutts. We just don't go around saying they're breeds and we don't go buying them when there are hundreds of thousand out there that need homes and are DYING in shelters.

We just want you to rescue a mutt rather than giving your money to people who make up breeds and pretend they can guarantee things. They can't guarantee anything. Do their dogs meet any standards? Are they genetically tested? Are the show/work champions?

I realize there are dogs out there that need homes, and I applaude all those who take in shelter and rescue pets but its just not for me, before I had kids I did small animal fostering and in doing that I realized that I did'nt want a rescue ALOT of the pets I took in had behaviral problems from being abused and neglected and I very rarley got a pup that hade'nt been scard in some way. They were very difficult to train and now wioth two young children I just could'nt see bringing an animal in that has a higher chance of hurting one of my kids. I realize that a dog can bite at anytime even those brought up around your children, but form my expereince with fosters they were more likely to.
I am happy for all those who have taken in pets and they have done great, thats so wonderful but I am just not willing to take the chance. Regardless of the dog I get it will go to obedience training and be temperment tested often. I will do my best to make sure the dog is brought up to accept and respect myslef and my children thats I can do!

Prin
August 19th, 2006, 11:23 PM
Hey, getting a mutt from an unethical breeder is almost a sure guarantee of behavioral problems. Just look up info on housetraining puppy mill dogs. :thumbs up

Prin
August 19th, 2006, 11:24 PM
Here's a good one: http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=28194&highlight=puppy+mill+housetraining
That's what you are buying into.

Brandy101bbb
August 19th, 2006, 11:26 PM
Can i just ask a question without you interpreting it as being an attack of any kind???

Im just really wondering why a Golden Retriever Poodle mix is what your heart is set on???

What attributes of the mix is it that has so strongly made your mind up?

Myself I am a Rottie lover. That is my breed of choice, however, if i was looking for a pup, I am not 100% set on getting a Rottie.

I am set on a Goldendoddle because my husband had a Golden for 12 years and his temperment was so wonderful, my girlfriend has two goldens and they are just great, My mother raises poodles and I like there coat and look but not a purebreed poodle is just not my type of dog. I want a large dog but I can't deal with tons of hair shedding. And teh chance of getting one that sheds lightly is pretty good depending on the parents and there lines. I think goldendoodles are the perfect size, they have great dispostions, and most Goldens have stunning personalities, and Poodles from what I have seen with my moms are easy to train and so are goldens and my friends friend has a goldendoodle and it is so great, it does'nt shed is wonderful with her kids and when I saw it I was in love, we knew then that it was the dog for us!

Prin
August 19th, 2006, 11:27 PM
So get a greyhound or a dobie instead. There are tons of real large breeds out there that don't shed much.

erykah1310
August 19th, 2006, 11:29 PM
Well once again I wish you luck and I hope your pup ends up being all you hope will.
However, although you are not interested in rescuing an adult, all i can do is ask you to please consider looking for a rescue pup.
It wont hurt to look around right?

Brandy101bbb
August 19th, 2006, 11:30 PM
Here's a good one: http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=28194&highlight=puppy+mill+housetraining
That's what you are buying into.

I have been to the breeder that I am getting pup from she has one litter a year thats all, she is no puppy mill, she will take the puppy back for a full refund if at anytime in the first year you decide the dog is not for you. She is not trying to scam anyone, I understand that most breeders are just in ti for the money and they don't care if they over breed there dogs or how the animals are cared for, but she is diffrent I have not went into this blind I have researched dozens of doodle breeders and shes the only one I would buy from. I am sorry that you think that they are all puppy mills, but opinons are like butts and everybodies got one!

technodoll
August 19th, 2006, 11:31 PM
have you read this?

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/designerdogs.htm

When you breed two different types of purebred dogs together you can get any combination of any of the characteristics found in either breed. If you are stuck on a hybrid dog how do you know which one to choose? Read the temperament and care for both breeds in the cross and be prepared for any combination of the two. If everything about both breeds matches you and your families personality and lifestyle, than you can most likely assume this cross will work for you. If there is ANYTHING about either breed in the cross that you do not feel matches what you are looking for, avoid that cross. Do not assume or take the chance that only the good characteristics will emerge. You may be in for a big surprise and it is not fair to the puppy to chance that.

It is also important to be aware; not all of these designer hybrid dogs being bred are 50% purebred to 50% purebred. It is very common for breeders to breed multi-generation crosses. While a simple F1 generation cross is said to produce the most hybrid vigor in the dog and the further down the multi-generation chain, the more vigor is lost in the hybrid; there are some benefits to multi-generation crossing. If you want to greater your chances of certain traits, such as non-shedding, sometimes it is necessary to move further down the generation chain, risking less vigor.

To help you understand this concept we will use the Goldendoodle as an example. A Goldendoodle is a cross between the Golden Retriever and the Poodle (usually the Standard Poodle). In general we will call the first purebred "purebred-A", and the second "purebred-B". Note, the examples of the differences in coat only apply to the Goldendoodle hybrid, all other hybrids will vary in their own way depending on what is in the cross.

F1 = 1st generation puppy - 50% purebred-A and 50% purebred-B - for example, a Golden Retriever to Poodle cross, this is first generation, resulting in healthier offspring. In this particular Goldendoodle cross hair type can be smooth like a Golden, wirey look like a Irish wolfhound or Wavy/shaggy, they can shed or not shed, pups in the same litter can vary. This is not the best cross for people with severe allergies.

Dogs are not to be disposed of like old toasters when they do not perform as you wish. They are living creatures. Cross a Labrador with a Poodle (Labradoodle) and you may or may not get a dog that sheds. Most experienced breeders can give you a pretty good idea what characteristics in a pup will emerge as the puppy grows. For example, in the Labradoodle, some breeders are able to tell which coat the pup will have, the Poodle or the Labrador, but still, this cannot be guaranteed. Sometimes it is harder to tell what type of temperament the pup will take on, as some characteristics do not appear until the pup is older, past adopting age.

Brandy101bbb
August 19th, 2006, 11:34 PM
So get a greyhound or a dobie instead. There are tons of real large breeds out there that don't shed much.

Greyhounds shed a ton they are jsut like great danes and both shed like crazy I know I fostered a greyhound and I owned a great dane before we had children both crazy sheders. As for a Dobi they are beautiful dogs but as with a rotti, or a pit, I just would'nt trust them around my kids. That may seem crazy to soom but for me they jsut are'nt okay around my kids, I am VERY protective of my children and I am sure TONS of people have these breeds around there kids with no problems I am jsut not willing to chance it.
:(

technodoll
August 19th, 2006, 11:35 PM
you know, if you feed your dog a GOOD diet, they don't shed as much. but i'm sure you knew that :D

You can find info on what a good dog food is in the forum archives.

Prin
August 19th, 2006, 11:36 PM
This is what you're going to pay the big bucks for:
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6594979
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6794232
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6507605
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6789869
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6559471
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6584150
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6559433
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6811784
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6839100
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6845291
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6839103
I could go on and on.
I put some labradoodles in there too, because they're the same exact idea.:rolleyes:

erykah1310
August 19th, 2006, 11:36 PM
As for a Dobi they are beautiful dogs but as with a rotti, or a pit, I just would'nt trust them around my kids. That may seem crazy to soom but for me they jsut are'nt okay around my kids, I am VERY protective of my children and I am sure TONS of people have these breeds around there kids with no problems I am jsut not willing to chance it.

You have just set yourself up for alot of critique on your knowledge of dogs with that statement.
good luck with that!

Brandy101bbb
August 19th, 2006, 11:37 PM
have you read this?

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/designerdogs.htm

I have read all this before that is why I am going for two goldendoodles bred togther instead of two purebreeds, this way there is more of a chance to get non shedding pups, like I said i have researched these dogs, I realize they may get a genetic disease but I am willing to take that chance, my kids might get a gentic disease but I still wnat them and would care for them is that happend!

technodoll
August 19th, 2006, 11:39 PM
prin, great post! :thumbs up

i wish i could adopt them all... soooo sweet souls, no doubt purchased at ridiculous prices but not living up to the owner's designer expectations. :(

Prin
August 19th, 2006, 11:39 PM
She is not trying to scam anyone
Good to know she's snowed you enough to get your money.:rolleyes:

As for a Dobi they are beautiful dogs but as with a rotti, or a pit, I just would'nt trust them around my kids. That may seem crazy to soom but for me they jsut are'nt okay around my kids, I am VERY protective of my children and I am sure TONS of people have these breeds around there kids with no problems I am jsut not willing to chance it.
:(
OMG. Ok. I'm done. I was raised with dobies. You obviously don't know anything about dog breeds. Dobies are AMAZING with children.

Good luck. I doubt you'll find what you want because wanting a mutt with specific qualities is like pissing in the wind.

MyBirdIsEvil
August 19th, 2006, 11:40 PM
From wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldendoodle

The Goldendoodle hybrid works well for many allergy sufferers; however, one can be allergic to an animal's saliva, or its dander. While some breeders claim that the Goldendoodle is a hypoallergenic canine, allergists believe that there is no such thing as a hypoallergenic animal. There have been no studies to date verifying whether any canine is completely hypoallergenic.

also:

While the Goldendoodle is typically a low-shedding hybrid, it does shed to some degree.

There are many purebred dogs that are very low shedding or don't aggrivate allergies in some people.
I've read your previous posts and it seems you want a larger dog.
A few that come to mind:
A portuguese water dog
A standard poodle
A curly coated retriever (I don't know how easy these are to find; they look similar to a labradoodle)
A greyhound.

Mixed breed dogs such as labradoodles and goldendoodles do not breed true, as in the litters do NOT come out consistent. Some may shed a lot, some may not. Even later generation doodles are not consistent, there are throwbacks, genetic problems start coming out (like in poorly bred purebreds), etc..
Most breeders of these dogs don't do genetic testing even if they claim to.

Also these dogs are EXTREMELY overpriced in my opinion.
There are breeders of low-shedding purebreds that have consistent litters, genetic and health testing, and health guarantees, who sell their dogs for much less than the inconsistent doodles. Many of these people are also more likely to honor their guarantees than people that breed doodles.

It is possible that several years from now some of these doodle breeds could eventually be established as a purebred, that would be a LONG way off, as no one has been able to get consistent litters and there's no strict breed standard. If you buy any of these doodle breeds at this point there is no guarantee that the dog will not shed. Also, many puppies do not shed. Even if you get a non-shedding puppy, as it ages it's coat could change and it could start shedding.

technodoll
August 19th, 2006, 11:41 PM
i smell a "Locked Thread" coming up... and not by our fault either... it's like trying to speak to a brick wall :(

Prin
August 19th, 2006, 11:42 PM
Oh and by the way, dogs shed when they're stressed, which is probably why your foster was shedding. But then being that you are the expert of small dog fostering, you already knew that.:)

Brandy101bbb
August 19th, 2006, 11:43 PM
You have just set yourself up for alot of critique on your knowledge of dogs with that statement.
good luck with that!

I don't care what others think on my thoughts on dogs. We know what types of dogs we will allow around our kids period. Its no matter to use how many people have those dogs around kids and think its fine. As with anything everyone has diffrent ways of raiing there kids. Some people think spanking is okay while others don't. To me I don't care how other raise there kids and who owns what breed I was just answering you you said what a bout a dobi and I told you how I felt about them and other breeds I was'nt comfortable with... Whats the deal with you people, no one can think difrrently then you, or there wrong! Give me a break you havethe dogs you want and I'll have the ones I want!

erykah1310
August 19th, 2006, 11:43 PM
I smell it too Techno.

Prin
August 19th, 2006, 11:45 PM
Give me a break you havethe dogs you want and I'll have the ones I want!Do you know what kind of dogs I have? No? That's because I don't go around from thread to thread screaming about it, trying to draw attention to myself.

erykah1310
August 19th, 2006, 11:48 PM
Well brandie, now that you have decided to lash out at me I will state my point on your insane post about Dobies Rotties and Pits.
First of all, by saying that they are not good with children is showing that you have baught into media hype. No one told you run out and get a dobie, it was a suggestion.

Whats the deal with you people, no one can think difrrently then you, or there wrong! Give me a break you havethe dogs you want and I'll have the ones I want!

Alot of people think differently from each other on here, I do not share some of the same opinions as others on the board however , I keep it to myself, the thing with you is that you are trying to convince US that this Ooodle mix thing you are so willing to spend thousands of dollars on is the best dang dog ever created. We on the other hand are trying to help you to see that YOU with all your husbands money are probly going to get let down!

Brandy101bbb
August 19th, 2006, 11:48 PM
From wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldendoodle

also:

There are many purebred dogs that are very low shedding or don't aggrivate allergies in some people.
I've read your previous posts and it seems you want a larger dog.
A few that come to mind:
A portuguese water dog
A standard poodle
A curly coated retriever (I don't know how easy these are to find; they look similar to a labradoodle)
A greyhound.

Mixed breed dogs such as labradoodles and goldendoodles do not breed true, as in the litters do NOT come out consistent. Some may shed a lot, some may not. Even later generation doodles are not consistent, there are throwbacks, genetic problems start coming out (like in poorly bred purebreds), etc..
Most breeders of these dogs don't do genetic testing even if they claim to.

Also these dogs are EXTREMELY overpriced in my opinion.
There are breeders of low-shedding purebreds that have consistent litters, genetic and health testing, and health guarantees, who sell their dogs for much less than the inconsistent doodles. Many of these people are also more likely to honor their guarantees than people that breed doodles.

It is possible that several years from now some of these doodle breeds could eventually be established as a purebred, that would be a LONG way off, as no one has been able to get consistent litters and there's no strict breed standard. If you buy any of these doodle breeds at this point there is no guarantee that the dog will not shed. Also, many puppies do not shed. Even if you get a non-shedding puppy, as it ages it's coat could change and it could start shedding.

You are all like talking to the ceiling, I REALIZE that its NO gaurentee that they won't shed, I am WILLING to take the chance. I would rather take the chance of MAYBE getting one that does'nt shed, then to not try it at all. I realize you are all against it I get it, you ahev your reasons and I have mine. We can agree to disagree on the oodle topic...I still want one!

technodoll
August 19th, 2006, 11:49 PM
(( giggle ))

remember, she doesn't care what others think!! guess that's why she's here asking for opinions :D

Prin
August 19th, 2006, 11:49 PM
I am not expecting my dog to be perfect I have had animals all my life and only once did I ever get rid of an animal, I look at animals like my furbabies, I care for them in the very best way. People who look at their animals like furbabies "rehome", they don't "GET RID" of animals. (And even then it would require dire circumstances)

I got rid of a pair of shoes once.

erykah1310
August 19th, 2006, 11:51 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/frustrated/4.gif

Writing4Fun
August 19th, 2006, 11:53 PM
For what it's worth, my neighbour had a $2500 Labradoodle and he shed like crazy. I found a stray poodle once and he shed all over me. A friend with a poodle also recently found that he does shed to some degree. Another friend's Schipperke (another supposedly non-shedding dog) found out that her dog blows coat twice a year.

Have you thought of a standard poodle? Or a Portugese water spaniel? Both are fair-sized dogs and are thought to be low shedders.

technodoll
August 19th, 2006, 11:54 PM
You are all like talking to the ceiling,

no no... we said "like talking to a brick wall" :D

Brandy101bbb
August 19th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Like I have said over and over agian you are all so closed minded to your opinion to see any one else. I understand your worries on the breed okay, nut i still would like to give the mixed breed a try. I doubt I will be let down in any way how can you bring an animal home and not love it no matter what... And okay I did'nt say rehomedARE YOU KIDDING ME???? I "rehomed" that dog for many reasons, but that a whole nother topic. You all are so set in your opions and I am so set in mine that none of us are seeing anybodies points.. I did'nt ask for YOUR advice I asked for the advice of those who have oodles or want them. You decided to give your advice and on a chat room like this you have the write to put in words your opion and I have the right to disagree and continue my quest to seek out people with these dogs. As for wanting attention I want inofrmation!!!!!

MyBirdIsEvil
I realize you are all against it I get it, you ahev your reasons and I have mine. We can agree to disagree on the oodle topic...I still want one!

You have opened several threads with the same subject, and had just about the same replies in each thread. You are apparently not willing to except disagreements.
It's also rude to troll, I suppose you know what this is, since you've gone above and beyond to accomplish this.

Prin
Have you thought of a standard poodle? Or a Portugese water spaniel? Both are fair-sized dogs and are thought to be low shedders.
She doesn't like poodles.

LavenderRott
August 19th, 2006, 11:59 PM
I really tried to stay away but I find I really must say just a bit.

Brandy - you seem to be missing the boat. Every one here has TONS of experience with dogs of all breeds and we are desperately trying to impart some but you seem to have a completely closed mind. That is truly sad. At 24 years old, you have so very much to learn.

Personally, I have had dogs for a decade longer then you have been alive. I have rescued, fostered, transported and bought from breeders. I have held puppies while they were euthanized because they had no homes.

I understand that you are willing to take what you can get from this wonderful breeder that you have picked out. I understand that you want what is best for your children. I also understand the heartache of a child playing with a dog that drops dead with no warning from an undiagnosed heart condition. I understand the sorrow of a child who's young dog can't walk across a room because it's hips are so bad. But you are willing to deal with that.

As for your dislike (or mistrust) of pit bulls and rottweilers, I feel very sorry for you and your children. Two of the most famous Search and Rescue dogs on the West Coast of the United States are "pit bulls". Rottweilers and pit bulls do therapy work, Search and Rescue, and a ton of other things that I can't even think of right now.

While the press loves to scream from the mountain tops every time a large powerful working dog bites someone - golden retrievers and labradors bite more children then any other breed.

technodoll
August 20th, 2006, 12:00 AM
As for wanting attention I want inofrmation!!!!!

somehow, i don't think this forum is the right place for positive info on designer breeds & their BYBs. at least, not judging from all the answers & opinions you got on the issue so far on all the threads you opened, right? so why keep trying? :confused: now if you wanted to RESCUE one instead of shelling out oodles of cash for a puppy, we'd be all over you like bees on honey with all the positive info you could possibly want :)

MyBirdIsEvil
August 20th, 2006, 12:00 AM
I did'nt ask for YOUR advice I asked for the advice of those who have oodles or want them.

First line of original post:

I just want to know if anybody knows anything about Goldendoodle

You got the responses you asked for.

Brandy101bbb
August 20th, 2006, 12:02 AM
Yes I have opened several because I am trying to contact those whom love these dogs and want these dogs so that we can talk about them.
All I know is I am intersted in these dogs and thats it. I have said a dozen times i understand everyones concern with designer breeds and I have listened to all of them but that has'nt made me want one less, and I have seen others threads looking for info on these breed types, and I just would like to see what they ahve to say about them.

Prin
I'm so glad BMD, Lucky, Inverness, BoxerRescue, and the rest of the rescues are not here. They'd all have a heart attack.

technodoll
like Pink Floyd said in "the wall".... we don't need no... educaaation... :D

Prin
August 20th, 2006, 12:03 AM
Yes I have opened several because I am trying to contact those whom love these dogs and want these dogs so that we can talk about them. Did you read the "welcome" email? Doesn't it explain that a ton of members here are heavily involved in rescue? So we did what we do. We pointed you toward rescuing one.

MyBirdIsEvil
August 20th, 2006, 12:04 AM
like Pink Floyd said in "the wall".... we don't need no... educaaation...

LOL, That's an apt discription.

erykah1310
August 20th, 2006, 12:05 AM
She is asking for advice but really wants to hear " whoo hoo, your getting a ------------ oodle!!!!! EVER CUTE, show some pics," and so on.
There is no point in trying to educate her on what is really behind all of this, we're just typing for nothing.

So Brandie, CONGRATS, enjoy your choice.

Hope this satisfys you and you can let this rest!

Writing4Fun
August 20th, 2006, 12:07 AM
She doesn't like poodles.
I thought that was because they were too small, thinking she was referring to mini or toy poodles. That's why I suggested the standard. ;)

You asked for an opinion from someone who owned one. My neighbour did. He shed like crazy. That's why the people who paid $2500 for him ended up giving him to my neighbours. Because they couldn't handle the fur on their $20,000 living room furniture in their $2,000,000.00 home. So, yeah, we get a little cranky when we find out that there are more people out there breeding these poor mutts (and that's what they are) and selling them at exorbitant prices when there are perfectly acceptable dogs sitting in shelters waiting to be adopted.

Shelter dogs are too unstable? The $2,500 Oodle next door tried to bite his owner on the ear and then ran away to some unknown fate. My rescue puppy mutt has been trained to three levels of obedience and two levels of agility, is the most gentle creature on the planet with my 3-year-old son and would never dream of leaving my side, let alone running away. You do have other options than lining this person's pocket and perpetuating the problem.

MyBirdIsEvil
August 20th, 2006, 12:07 AM
Yes I have opened several because I am trying to contact those whom love these dogs and want these dogs so that we can talk about them.

This message board is heavily against designer breeds and irresponsible breeding in general, so opening and reopening threads with the same subject isn't going to change that or gather you any new information.

Prin
August 20th, 2006, 12:08 AM
like Pink Floyd said in "the wall".... we don't need no... educaaation... :D
No we need rich hubbies.

Honestly Brandy, you won't get the answers you're looking for because NOBODY here is an advocate of breeding mutts for profit. Sorry.

Brandy101bbb
Did you read the "welcome" email? Doesn't it explain that a ton of members here are heavily involved in rescue? So we did what we do. We pointed you toward rescuing one.

Thats great that tons of people are involved in rescue that does'nt mean we all want a rescue dog, as for the chic that wrote we don't need know education, you are things I can't say because I am christian and I try not to treat poeple like garbage. You apperently have are a rude person and you think you know all and are right about all. Oh well your loss! I am not going to change my mind no matter how many RESCUE people or people who don't like designer dogs tell me not to get one... I had people tell me NEVER to have children that they are a pain and guess what I want 5 kids I have two and they are the best thing to ever happen to me, and my dog may not be everyones bag, but it will be mine and i will love it!

Dragonfly
This message board is heavily against designer breeds and irresponsible breeding in general, so opening and reopening threads with the same subject isn't going to change that or gather you any new information.

It will however get one banned.

We are done now.

White Wolf
August 20th, 2006, 12:10 AM
Done and DONE.

PLEASE do not reopen this topic. Any similar threads that spin off will be promptly deleted.