Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Oodles!!!

Brandy101bbb
August 19th, 2006, 03:48 PM
I am not sure everyones problem with mixed oodles but I can say that they are great dogs. I am getting a goldendoodle it is 1800.00 they are muts but who cares, I think you should be able to breed any dog type with any other dog type and sell them as long as you were breeding because you love animals and not becuase you just want money. the breeder I am using is great they are all temperment tested, free genectic testing she tests all her pups before they go home. They have there shots and health certificates and she offers refunds if you are unhappy up to one year after recieving your pup. Also if the pup gets sick in ANY way for the first 4 mths she will pay all the vet bills and/or take back the pup and give you another or a refund, so not ALL mixed breeders are scammers...
On a further note, I think ALL breeders are in it for the money no matter what, if they were in it to better the breed why not just give the dogs away to wanting families instead of selling them???? If they really are doing it for the dogs STOP BREEDING and start taking in and finding homes for abondoned dogs, stop making MORE dogs and help the ones already here... All breeders no matter purebreed or mutt want some kind of payback, some kind of money. If they never made money on the pup they would go backrupt, my mother use to breed poodles and she LOVED her poodles, and all her pups went to the vet and had all its shots, but she still stood to make a nice chunk of money when she sold them, vet bills, food, and time she still made money.
This topic just makes me mad, I keep reading everyones bad opinion on mixed breeders and how they are bad and how people should get a purebreed, but I think its bull. And another thing some people DON"T WANT A RESCUE dog or one from a shelter, I don't I want a puppy, one that can grow up with my kids, some people (LIKE MYSELF) don't what to take the chance with an older rescue dog you know nothing about around there kids. So when people ask about a breed just let those who like the breed or know things about it answer instead of people writting how they should'nt get it or how they are all back yard breeders. I am excited about getting my Goldendoodle and I would rather hear from people who are excited for me and love that MUT too!

badger
August 19th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Well, unfortunately, you don't get to choose your responses on this site. Everyone gets their say (provided it is polite). Guess you'll just have to live with it, or go find a different site.
See, it's the difference between the big picture - the welfare of all those animals begging for homes - and the small picture, which is I want what I want when I want it.
Unfortunately, the second view predominates in this society, which is why rescues are running to keep up.
Enjoy your dog, though. I hope he's perfect.

technodoll
August 19th, 2006, 03:57 PM
oh man... :troll: alert!!

Brandy101bbb
August 19th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Your right we live in a world where what people want they get, and as long as my husband makes well over 300,000 a yr owning his own bussiness I will get what I want when I want it...
I am just whating to here from those who own doddles, or breed them, or want one, not from those who think they are bad... I want to learn more about them.
As for rescues like I said not everyone wants a rescue! Especially me and I have my reasons however the list is to long to share right now! But I have researched doodles and am impressed with what I have found and impressed with the breeder I have found. So respond how you want I just can't wait to meet those who love them and want them.. instead of you!

LavenderRott
August 19th, 2006, 04:10 PM
Well, you could probably get a good Standard Poodle, from an ethical breeder for about $1000. Maybe a bit cheaper for pet quality.

An ethical breeder shows there dogs in both conformation - to show that it meets the standard in looks and build, and some type of obedience - to show that it has the temperment to to what it was bred to do. This can cost thousands of dollars, depending on the number of shows one has to compete in to get the number of points needed for a championship, the cost of classes to title in the performance ring, etc.

Genetic testing is expensive. There are x-rays to be taken, orthopedists, opthmalogists, and cardiologists to be consulted.

The problem with all of the mixes that you are willing to pay $2000 for is that a good portion of them end up in shelters and people like the people here have to try to save them. And since we can't save them all, they are euthanized. Same

LavenderRott
August 19th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Your right we live in a world where what people want they get, and as long as my husband makes well over 300,000 a yr owning his own bussiness I will get what I want when I want it...
I am just whating to here from those who own doddles, or breed them, or want one, not from those who think they are bad... I want to learn more about them.
As for rescues like I said not everyone wants a rescue! Especially me and I have my reasons however the list is to long to share right now! But I have researched doodles and am impressed with what I have found and impressed with the breeder I have found. So respond how you want I just can't wait to meet those who love them and want them.. instead of you!

You know, when I read your very first post about your cats, I felt really sorry for you.

As I read more that you have written, I think that you are truly spoiled and unwilling to learn.

I hope that you get what you want. Somehow, I don't think that it will be exactly what you expect it to be. But that is alright, your rich husband can either clean up your mess or buy you out of it.

And those of us here, who would love to TEACH you something will be there - for the pup - FOR FREE!

chico2
August 19th, 2006, 04:41 PM
I too read about those poor little Sphynx(sp?)kittens and I too felt sorry,but mostly for the kittens:sad:
In your posts,I sense mostly "I want,I want and what I want I get"not so much about love of animals,which is sad...
I've met 2 Labradoodles(right name???)they were both beautiful,but one was medium sized,the other huge and both loaded with energy +lots of curly hair.
Also don't think for a minute your pup will not have accidents,ALL puppies have accidents,the bigger the pup,the bigger the puddle:D

technodoll
August 19th, 2006, 04:47 PM
i am truly LMAO at anyone who would pay $1800 for a MUTT! hahahhahhahaaa! man... that is so dumb. most purebreds, even rare breeds, don't sell for that much and those dogs have a LOT behind them in terms of health, temperament, drives, pedigrees, etc. they are not two random dogs thrown together to make a "cute puppy" for profit $$.

like they say.... "a fool and his money are quickly parted" and "there is a sucker born every minute". guess you epitomize both sayings to a T!!

super :troll: !!!! LMAO!

White Wolf
August 19th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Thread closed.