Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

keeping Staffordshire Bull Terrier&Border Collie together

gaz131
August 19th, 2006, 08:10 AM
we have just got a new member in our family a Staffordshire Bull Terrier bitch & we have Border Collie bitch who is 8 years old .the collie has been with us from a pup and has been and still is the best dog i have ever had. She has been a very good mum to her own litter of pups we are hoping that she will bring on the pup. The new pup has settled in very well and has been playing with are older dog and kids, i was hoping that some one out there had been in this type of situation before, we have not had any problems with them and both are doing fine i have trained all my dog in the past from (showing to flyball & agility) but i have never had 2 bitchs together before. Our older dog has never been in any form of a fight and gets on with any dogs cats and people which makes me think that we will not have any problems but other may ???. Both bitchs have come from good breeds and breeders Any tips for the days to come ???. All replys welcome many thanks .

Lise
August 19th, 2006, 10:23 AM
I have a collie,a cairn and a beardie all spayed girls with no problem oldest is twelve youngest is three.Introducing a puppy with an adult usually works well,male or female.By the way a female is called a bitch and a male is a dog .Have fun with your new baby.

gaz131
August 19th, 2006, 10:45 AM
thank you very much for your reply