Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

any montrealers going to the dog picnic tomorrow?

technodoll
August 18th, 2006, 07:16 PM
the beanies and I are going! it's gonna be a blast! hope to see some of you there? :D

Samedi prochain aura lieu le Pique-nique annuel de Sortiedechien.com, une belle occasion de vous lier d’amitié avec des passionnés des chiens comme vous ainsi qu’avec leurs compagnons !

Je vous invite à vous joindre à nous pour cette journée de rencontres et d’activités à l’Île Ste-Hélène sur le site de la tour de Lévis.

Carte et indications pour s’y rendre :
http://www.sortiedechien.com/articles.php?id=98&page=3

Horaire
11h à 13h- Pique-nique et rencontres
13h à 15h- Activités organisées et démonstrations
• Démonstration de danse freestyle
• Mini parcours d’agilité. Démonstration et invitation à tous les chiens d’y mettre la patte !
• Bassins d’eau pour les chiens
• Démonstration/atelier de T-Touch, par Françoise Philie
• Confection de médailles : Faites votre propre médaille ! Organisé par Sortiedechien.com au profit de la Société canadienne du cancer.
• Randonnée
• Maquillage et activités pour enfants
• Musique
• Défi des athlètes : Monter l’incroyable tour Lévis : Haute de 30 mètres (92 pieds) et munie d’un escalier intérieur de 157 marches menant à une terrasse d'observation offrant une vue à 360 degrés et des perspectives impressionnantes sur les îles, le fleuve, la ville de Montréal et la Montérégie.
• Défi des races : décompte amical afin de savoir quelle race sera la plus représentée !
• Prix de présence
16h - Fin de la journée

Informations importantes !
• L’activité est gratuite • Vous devez apporter votre propre pique-nique. Aucun aliment ou boisson ne seront vendus sur place.
• Bien qu’il y ait des tables de pique-nique sur place, comme nous serons plusieurs, il serait avisé d’apporter une couverture.
• Le stationnement le plus près du site est le P7 et la Société du parc des îles de Montréal charge 10$.
• Le site du rassemblement n’est pas directement adjacent au stationnement. Vous aurez une petite marche à faire pour monter près de la Tour Lévis.
• En cas de pluie, l’évènement sera remis au dimanche. L’information sera clairement affichée sur Sortiedechien.com
• Votre chien devra être tenu en laisse et demeure sous votre entière responsabilité lors de l’activité.

Prin
August 18th, 2006, 08:27 PM
If I can come up with the $10 for parking, the $8 for gas, and a lunch, I'll be there. I didn't know about it... My doggies haven't seen doggies in a while, so :fingerscr that they'll be ok in public....:o

jiorji
August 18th, 2006, 08:50 PM
if you guys are going for sure i wouldn't mind meeting you guys there :D
i want a Boo hug

Maxine
August 18th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Hi there! i was reading it and all happy to think i would have meet you there guys, but I work tomorrow, until 4...:(
So hopefully there will be another activity soon :crazy:

Maxine

Prin
August 18th, 2006, 08:51 PM
lol I'll post tomorrow if I go.:)

technodoll
August 18th, 2006, 10:05 PM
cool beans! hopefully i will recognize Forum Doggies if I see them! and if not, if anyone wants to come say hello to the beanies... y'all know their mugs by now :) should be a LOT of fun!

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/technodoll/beanies-1.jpg

Rottielover
August 18th, 2006, 10:38 PM
How can I get there from west island, I suck at directions

technodoll
August 18th, 2006, 10:43 PM
the best way is to take the 20 east, go through the Ville-Marie tunnel, and follow the directions to the Lorimier/ Pont Jacques Cartier exit. Once on the bridge, you have to exit on Ile Ste-Helene (where La Ronde is) and follow directions to the "complexe aquatique", Parking P7 is the closest one to the picnic, which is held at the Tour Levis site. I'm new to this too so will just follow the folks with the dogs, LOL! we're lucky though, the Jacques Cartier bridge is only 10 mins away from us... but i'd travel a long way for this :D

Rottielover
August 18th, 2006, 10:50 PM
it is at least 45 mins from me, so I will see if I can gather the extra money for gas and parking

technodoll
August 18th, 2006, 10:53 PM
that would be so cool... maybe carpool with someone & split the costs?... too bad we can't take dogs on trains & metros :shrug:

Prin
August 19th, 2006, 11:33 AM
K, I'm going... I'm picking up breakfast on my way and then I'm gone. So in about an hour I'll be there. Hopefully everybody else will still be there too.:D

technodoll
August 19th, 2006, 11:37 AM
wooohoooo! can't wait to meet the kids! :crazy:

Puppyluv
August 19th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Oh I wish I didn't have to work this afternoon :(

vfrohloff
August 19th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Oh man, I wish I could go! I live about an hour away and DH and I are painting our house tomorrow. Besides, my two aren't very good with other dogs. Benny gets all excited and gets the splats for 2 days, and Sophie was chased by a gang of little dogs a few years ago and is terrified so I'm guessing it would be a big disaster if I went. I hope all of you who are going have a great time though! I hope the weather is good.

rainbow
August 19th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Hope you guys all have fun. :crazy:

jiorji
August 19th, 2006, 02:40 PM
there'd better be pictures posted later on today :cool:

when I checked the board this morning , it didn't have any updates so i went on my errand run instead :sad:

Prin
August 19th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Group shot of just me and ALLLLL the furries.:D

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/Princi9009/Jemma%20and%20Boo%20Aug%20Sep%20Oct%202006/IMG_3116.jpg

And then a friend of techno's started doing things to get the doggies' attention... I guess I'm a doggy too.:D (She was very distracting :crazy: )

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/Princi9009/Jemma%20and%20Boo%20Aug%20Sep%20Oct%202006/IMG_3117.jpg

And the bears:
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/Princi9009/Jemma%20and%20Boo%20Aug%20Sep%20Oct%202006/IMG_3121.jpg

Lotsa doggies there today. And HOT! I had to come home and soak in the doggies' kiddie pool to cool off.:D

:)

technodoll
August 19th, 2006, 05:58 PM
i have more! it was a fun afternoon in the HOT HOT sun, lots of small dogs but a few big ones showed up too... i was soooo lazy and opted to chill out with boo n'jemma cuz they so cuuuute and snuggly and friendly :D We all had a great time! now the dogs are sleeping like logs, wonder why? LOL

here is the gang, minus me the camera-holder:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/technodoll/thegang.jpg

a very happy jemma:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/technodoll/happygemma.jpg

smiling doggies:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/technodoll/smiles.jpg

tried to photograph Mister Boo!

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/technodoll/looking.jpg

more fun moments... so many distractions around but they did so good!

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/technodoll/prinpups.jpg

Boo saying "i know you're a girl and all, but i STILL don't trust you cuz i no like akitas!" LOL

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/technodoll/gonnaeatherup.jpg

but he behaved anyways! good boo! (who is not a lab!)

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/technodoll/happykids.jpg

erykah1310
August 19th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Looked like fun, i wish we had things like that around here. But all we get is Paws for a Cause, which i really hope to go to this year.

Prin
August 19th, 2006, 06:06 PM
i have more! it was a fun afternoon in the HOT HOT sun, lots of small dogs but a few big ones showed up too... i was soooo lazy and opted to chill out with boo n'jemma cuz they so cuuuute and snuggly and friendly :D We all had a great time! now the dogs are sleeping like logs, wonder why? LOL

Boo saying "i know you're a girl and all, but i STILL don't trust you cuz i no like akitas!" LOL

but he behaved anyways! good boo! (who is not a lab!)
lol My doggies are out too. Boo didn't even come to the door when I went out to start the bbq. :eek:

Boo tried... He was nice to everybody except Dakotah and Maika.:rolleyes: (He still thinks Maika's a dude with un-neuticles :D )

Jemma had a run at the agility thing after you left and it was pretty disastrous. There was a young girl offering Jemma wheaty cookies and your friend was all "Don't give her any!" But Jemma smelt them, and it was too late. She did most of the course (including the jumps) backward because she was so focused on the girl with the cookies. :D But she did the tunnel and the slalom thingy, so that's better than last time.

I'll have to see the big guys again, minus angry Boo, so I can socialize better.:D

oh, and no... Boo's NOT a lab. :p

Prin
August 19th, 2006, 06:18 PM
(btw, I should get you to take pics of me more often... You make me look so slim! :D)

jiorji
August 19th, 2006, 08:09 PM
awww I'm sorry I missed it :(

Boo looks calm in the pictures :angel: maybe it's the magic of photography hehe i LOVE his expression there sitting next to Maika "I'll just sneak a peak while the wife's not watching ;) "

The bears' heads are HUGE! "yeah! we're ready to play, yeah , yeah"

I like captioning photos :o

technodoll
August 19th, 2006, 08:17 PM
LOL! it's trick photography, maika's head is quite tiny! in fact she's a small adolescent girl, only 70 lbs - it's all fur and boy is she ever shedding it today, after yesterday's river swim! :yell:

prin, maybe you don't see yourself as you are, remember the camera "adds 10 pounds"! and you look great in the photos, very happy big smiles, a beautiful slim woman! :crazy: i only picked a few from the bunch but they were all very nice! :D

Prin
August 19th, 2006, 10:12 PM
lol The way the light usually hits me tends to accentuate the wrong "curvy" bits on me. :o We were in the shade, so it wasn't so bad, but I'm never photogenic like that. I think those bears are quite slimming too.:D

I got heat stroked :rolleyes: :sick: so I went to sleep with Boo for a while and he had dreams of Maika. :D First, the low growling. Then he got his way with her (a few times).:D Poor Boo. If he keeps thinking he's going to get his way in his dreams, he might wake up to be a real a**.

technodoll
August 19th, 2006, 10:20 PM
I got heat stroked so I went to sleep with Boo for a while and he had dreams of Maika. First, the low growling. Then he got his way with her (a few times). Poor Boo. If he keeps thinking he's going to get his way in his dreams, he might wake up to be a real a**.

oh my gaaaaaaaawd! ROTFLMAO!!! that's the funniest thing i ever heard :D i think you should let boo dream, it's his playground when he sleeps, i'm sure in his :cloud9: she's a cute black doggie with a white face and no tail, and she smells like sweet ham with peanut butter! ha ha! oh god. i'm still giggling!

and you ARE very photogenic and i have proof, nyyaaahh nyaaaa nyyaaah! it's the happy smiles that do the trick you know :D

Prin
August 19th, 2006, 10:23 PM
lol really? Smiles hide the tires?:D :o

Oh, I never wake Boo up unless he's having a really bad dream that doesn't get better. If he cries or just keeps growling, I wake him up. But I think in his Maika dream, he won, so I let him sleep.:D

technodoll
August 19th, 2006, 10:25 PM
good boo! :highfive:

Prin
August 19th, 2006, 10:29 PM
It's funny because if Dakotah was neutered, I don't know if Boo would have a problem with him. Maika is the one that reminds him of his attack akita. I mean, how many times did he "inspect" her? He just didn't get over it.:sad: Ah well, they just need to go swimming or something together..:p

technodoll
August 19th, 2006, 10:43 PM
ya know, it's like with humans i guess. sometimes you just look at someone and you cannot like them, no matter how nice (or oblivious) to you they are... it's an energy thing. same with dogs... although some dogs can "learn" to like each other, in cases where they have to live together. yeah boo was totally in denial re: maika NOT being a boy, and the little *****kicker only teased him with the paw on his head and the play-bows. it's like she has no concept of respecting a dog's personal space and no matter what, she's not getting it :shrug: there ya go. some akitas are mean, and others are just too nice :D I wouldn't let the boys close to each other no matter what though, it's just not worth the risk... i'm always sooo scared dakotah would lose an eye accidentally or something as horrible ! ack! :eek: so.... we be good mamas and let the goils play and the boys snuggle with the humans? and take turns playing with the ladies? or something like that :p

Prin
August 19th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Well, then Boo wouldn't get turns with anybody. :D

Jemma would probably love Dakotah, once she gets a little bit of fur from him.:D

technodoll
August 19th, 2006, 10:51 PM
Jemma would probably love Dakotah, once she gets a little bit of fur from him.

ah she likes to taste them first eh? LOL! :D he'll do anything for a lady, specially such a cute one! he's quite the gentleman, you'll see if you get to know the big lug better :)

Prin
August 19th, 2006, 10:53 PM
I don't doubt it. I saw him hugging everybody.:)

downloader
August 19th, 2006, 11:34 PM
looks like everyone had a great time, your pretty Prin! Where does everyone live? maybe we can have a get together in a dog park or something like that.:)

jiorji
August 19th, 2006, 11:35 PM
ohhh Boo, you just have to get over the fact that it's doesn't make you less of a doggie if you don't have what Dakotah has :o

I can't wait to get a doggie so i can join in the fun with you guys at the river. Yes I'm inviting myself along.......what are you gonna do about it?:evil:

technodoll
August 19th, 2006, 11:36 PM
jiorji, come on jump in the water is warm!

but watch out for the mini-leeches, LOL! :yuck:

jiorji
August 19th, 2006, 11:37 PM
looks like everyone had a great time, your pretty Prin! Where does everyone live? maybe we can have a get together in a dog park or something like that.:)

I say we call a meetup.
For anyone who wants to meet up, maybe in a doggie location with doggie snacks.

jiorji
August 19th, 2006, 11:38 PM
but watch out for the mini-leeches, LOL! :yuck:

nastyness!:yuck:

Prin
August 19th, 2006, 11:40 PM
lol you can come.. Oh wait! No you can't! You don't have a car.:p :p :p

jiorji
August 19th, 2006, 11:44 PM
that's so mean :(

when I get a doggie i'll rent a car for doggie get-togethers. You think I'm going to deprive my new ankle biter from meeting other lovely doggies?

technodoll
August 19th, 2006, 11:46 PM
:D :D

ah so we already know what kind of doggie you want eh? :dog:

we'll have to wear steel-toed boots?? LOL

Prin
August 19th, 2006, 11:46 PM
lol You can always hitch a ride with techno.. If there's room for you and your shi-poo.:D

Prin
August 19th, 2006, 11:47 PM
:D :D

ah so we already know what kind of doggie you want eh? :dog:

we'll have to wear steel-toed boots?? LOL
lol A JACK RUSSELL!:D

technodoll
August 19th, 2006, 11:52 PM
in her dreams, jiorji wants a big ol' newfie dog.

right? :D

Prin
August 19th, 2006, 11:57 PM
Yeah, she wants a big dog that will drag her around... (she's one of those girls that needs some meat on her bones...;) (you know- the ones I'm jealous of))

jiorji
August 20th, 2006, 01:03 AM
:offtopic: yeah haha I DO need meat on my bones. Honestly I've been trying to gain weight for the past 2 years but my bad eating habits are not improving. I need a burly person standing over me saying "don't paint! EAT EAT EAT!"
You can't eat and paint cos of the paint on my hands and i can't interrupt a good work flow :o

not getting a shipoo , and i will not tollerate any laughing when my dog takes me for a walk...and hopefully the leash won't break...Prin :D

Prin
August 20th, 2006, 01:04 AM
lol well, yeah. I've never had that happen to me. That was bizarre. Especially since we didn't know that dog, and we were in an unfenced area... What are the odds?

technodoll
August 20th, 2006, 11:39 AM
jiorji, what kind of dog DO you want? approximately? :)

jiorji
August 20th, 2006, 11:46 AM
jiorji, what kind of dog DO you want? approximately? :)

the perfect dog of course! ;)

approximately.....big and cuddly. He's out there somewhere :fingerscr and hopefully male, all my pets are females. I think it's a bit intimidating :evil:

Prin
August 20th, 2006, 12:52 PM
She wants Boo. But the line goes all the way around the block.:D

Frenchy
August 20th, 2006, 01:01 PM
So you guys met yesterday,cewl....and the doggies were on their best behavior as I can see,nobody got bitten.:thumbs up

Prin
August 20th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Well, one girly did get mauled by the akitas... But she was laughing the whole time.:confused: Then she asked to have them do it again, but wanted us to take pics. :confused: She just kept on laughing and laughing. Even when Dakotah stuck his tongue in her mouth...well... her laughing was a big more muffled then, but still.:D

Frenchy
August 20th, 2006, 01:19 PM
ewwwww,french kissed by an Akita !!!!

Puppyluv
August 20th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Ahh I still have memories of Dakotah's ear sucking. He reminds me of a drunken ex-boyfriend.

Frenchy
August 20th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Ahh I still have memories of Dakotah's ear sucking. He reminds me of a drunken ex-boyfriend.
hi hi,I'm sure Dakotah was a real gentleman!

technodoll
August 20th, 2006, 02:03 PM
one time we crossed this girl while taking a walk, and she asked for kisses by kneeling down and offering her face (!!) and then she just gasped and said "oh my god it's like being licked by a cow"!! i am guessing she was from a farm full of friendly bovine, LOL :D

really, sometimes it's just too much, he doesn't know when to stop with the kissy licking :frustrated:

jiorji
August 20th, 2006, 02:37 PM
really, sometimes it's just too much, he doesn't know when to stop with the kissy licking :frustrated:

he's such a giver :love:

Prin
August 20th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Exactly! He's all "Hey :( you don't have any slobber! That's ok :) I can share some of mine!"

technodoll
August 20th, 2006, 05:20 PM
and boy does he ever have plenty to share... if you saw him "drink" you'd understand why we never walk around the house barefoot :eek:

rainbow
August 20th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Glad you guys all had a good time and thanks for sharing the pics....you guys have great looking dogs. And, Prin, you do look good in them. There's not too many young women that can wear pigtails and look that good. :thumbs up

Prin
August 20th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Thanks.:o lol my braids make me look at least 10 years younger, so I'll never stop braiding my hair. :D My hair is so thin and fluffy though, so braiding it really gets it out of the way. :shrug:

I still find it funny how the akitas are so bright and me and my doggies are all black. They're reflecty and we're absorby- surprised the cameras didn't fry.:D

Skryker
August 20th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Aww, I'm glad you guys had fun! I was very tempted to join in-I'm not that far away but I read the thread kinda late. And hubby's got an absessed tooth right now, so he's not only not really social, he's also kind sucky, so leaving him home would have been a disaster!

Unfortunately, I'm also intimidated as heck to try and drive in Quebec.:sad: Both the driving and the lack of English scare me. I'm such a coward! We've lived in Cornwall for over 5 years now and haven't been to Montreal once. :o

Prin
August 20th, 2006, 07:06 PM
Aw, it's not so bad. Just add 20km/h to the speed limit and you'll fit right in! Nobody here knows where they're going, either.:D

Skryker
August 20th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Ha! I have trouble with places and routes I know well! I can only imagine what I could do with an unfamiliar place with signs in French. I'd end up in Labrador!

Oh, and I just figured out part of my fear of driving in Montreal-we used to go through on our way to NB when I was a kid, and I have memories of the tunnel under the river scaring me (it's not right to be able to drive UNDER the water!) and my Dad cursing a wicked traffic circle. And traffic jams.

Prin
August 20th, 2006, 07:29 PM
No, no, you'll only end up in Labrador if you follow the hydro wires. :D

technodoll
August 20th, 2006, 07:45 PM
I have memories of the tunnel under the river scaring me (it's not right to be able to drive UNDER the water!)

ah yes the evil Tunnel Lafontaine... i avoid it too, it's creepy! :o

Prin
August 20th, 2006, 07:52 PM
lol I love tunnels. To get to my bro's house, I have to drive through TWO tunnels! :highfive:
(well two and a half if you count that little tiny one at the bottom of the 13)
To me, what's worse is the metro under water. Everybody knows how bad the maintenance of the public transit system is here... :eek: