Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Moving....

SchnauzerGirl
August 18th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Hey All,

It has been awhile since I've been on the forum because I have been busy with job interviews.... After a couple of interviews I've been offered a job and will be moving to the big ol city of Vancouver (everyone seems to shudder when I tell them I am moving there). It isn't necessarily a better job per say, but to maintain my sanity I need a radical change.

I am really concerned that my fur kid is going to have a really hard time adjusting from "country life" to "city life" (not to mention finding a place to live that accepts pets!). Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make the transition to back yard to no yard?

Also, after many many phone calls, I have yet to find a dog friendly place that doesn't charge the earth and moon (I'll be on a VERY tight budget).

Is there anyone on the forum from Vancouver that knows of a cheap place in the west end? My brother and I are going to cost share and are looking for something $1400 or less and it would need to be a two bedroom place.

Or besides craigslist, and renting.ca, are there anyone websites that anyone knows that has listings?

Thanks for everyones input!

rainbow
August 18th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Sorry, I don't know of any websites but I used to live in Vancouver and my brother and sister and nieces and nephews are still there.

From what I've heard it's pretty hard to find accomodation in the West End. I would consider living in one of the suburbs close to a sky train station. I think that would be better for your fur kid as well. The West End is all concrete and too congested IMO.

poodletalk
August 18th, 2006, 03:14 PM
go to www.craigslist.org

SchnauzerGirl
August 18th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Craigslist is great, I've been surfing it ever since I found out that I got the job. I was thinking more in the Kits, Vancouver General Hospital area because the downtown west end certainly does have way too much concrete. I really really want to stay around the Granville Island area because they have a few dog parks that I am really excited about taking Schultz to - not to mention it is a wonderful walk along the sea wall! I wish that I was going to be making more money cos then it wouldn't be a problem finding a place!

Joey.E.CockersMommy
August 18th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Hey SG - Have fun in Vancouver thats my old stomping ground - My fave spot was definately the West End - last time I visited there everyone seemed to have a dog - so there is probably someone that would allow pets. :D