Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hi! I'm the new kitty cat lover on the block!

cocowood
August 18th, 2006, 01:47 PM
I just found this website and I am excited about being able to share information and glean information from all of you kitty cat lovers. My one-year old male cat "Dude" is the love of my husband's and my life! We adopted Dude from a shelter a few months ago and he now the King of the Condo. I have not owned a cat for ten years and Dude is my husband's first cat. We are just concerned because he has been sneezing a lot the past few days and has a watery eye so I found this website and am hopeful you will be able to help me determine if he just has a little cold, or if a visit to the vet is in order. A friend told me about L-Lysine, so I am wondering if any of you out there have heard of giving this to a cat who has a cold. Not sure if this is the exact location on this website to inquiry about such issues, but I shall endeavor to look around shortly. In the meantime, I wanted to say hi and I am so glad I found this website!

Cocowood

Prin
August 18th, 2006, 01:51 PM
Welcome to the board! I don't think you should home medicate your cat without knowing for sure what it is. It could be a serious respiratory infection or virus. :eek:

btw, your husband loves a Dude? ;)

cocowood
August 18th, 2006, 04:10 PM
I will take Dude to the vet if he doesn't stop sneezing in the next two days. He has a huge appetite (as usual) drinks his water and wants to play play play. The person that told me about the L-Lysine told me her vet told her to sprinkle a little from the capsule onto her cat's food when her cat was having a respiratory problem. L-Lysine is found in health food stores and is some sort of vitamin. However, I will wait to discuss with my vet before I do anything. Thanks for responding! And, by the way, my husband loves THIS DUDE big time!

rainbow
August 18th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Welcome to the board. Glad to hear you're going to check with the vet first before self-medicating. Keep us posted with an update. :cat:

spud
August 18th, 2006, 04:55 PM
hey hey, Im a newbie also
welcome!
love them kitties eh
spud

chico2
August 18th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Cocowood,hopefully Dude will get rid of that sneeze soon and a vet-visit is always the best idea,even a little sneezing can get serious in a cat/dog.
Glad you chose to adopt from a shelter,Dude is one lucky kitty:cat:
I have 3 cats and hubbie and I love them to pieces,but I love all animals,except for some of the 2-legged variety:D
Did we get a pic of Dude??

lovemycats
August 21st, 2006, 08:20 AM
Welcome aboard Cocowood. I am quite new to this myself and am enjoying the information that I am collecting on here; it is a great website. Congrats on the kitty, he sounds so adorable...........do we get to see a picture of him???? I have 2 8yr old male cats and I also love them to death. If I didn't have them, I don't know how I would make it through hard times. Animals are very special creatures and I love them so much. My boys are the rulers of my place too, but it's just me and them. They do, however, love it when my boyfriend visits, it's so cute.

Anyways, is Dude an indoor cat? I know that my boy Domi has his littles sneezes, but that's about it. Does he seem to have any sort of a temperature? I would take him to the vet if you are feeling uneasy about his health for sure. :crazy:

:pawprint: :ca: