Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The things they do to make you melt/laugh etc.

BernerLver
August 18th, 2006, 07:39 AM
For a little pick-me-up on a Friday I thought I would start a fun thread about what our pets do that make us laugh, makes our hearts melt etc.

I'll start.....

Dart has this really cute habit of giving me a doggie hug. Sometimes when I'm standing close to him he will take one of his front paws and kind of wrap or hook it around my leg. I just love it and it makes my heat just melt.

It doesn't happen too often but when it does it's so cute. :love:

Ok you're turn.....

technodoll
August 18th, 2006, 08:00 AM
maika is always sticking her head between our thighs to get a head & neck rub, no matter if we're standing or sitting, she "snuggles" her face there and just stands still, breathing quietly, like in a trance. never seen a dog do this before! she just started doing that as a puppy by herself, too cute. but she'll only do it to people she loves & trusts.

dakotah will "elvis" his way into our hearts every day with his "waaaa waaaa roooooos", he really sings and speaks, it's almost human :cool:

:crazy:

jawert1
August 18th, 2006, 09:08 AM
Peaches will stand under my legs while I'm sitting, even if the chair's low and it means I'm thoroughly propped on her. It's her favorite position :) Simon will come over and put a paw on whatever's closest, and then lay his head down. :love:

jessi76
August 18th, 2006, 09:19 AM
great thread BernerLver!

Everything Tucker does makes me melt, but my fav is the welcome gift. every single time either of us comes home, Tucker grabs the nearest thing, shoe, hat, purse, scarf, glove, blanket, etc... and parades around with it. it's especially funny when he grabs my bf's big heavy steel toe boots, and tries like heck to hold it in his mouth. it's not just for us though, anyone who comes into my house gets something. if there's nothing within grabbing range, he'll drag his blanket out of his crate and parade around w/ that.... a queen size comforter, which he proceeds to trip over cause he's trying to hold it in his mouth AND walk at the same time. I really need to get a pic of this someday.

Dog Mom
August 18th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Wow i'll have to try and pick one thing for each dog
Zoe - when she sings in the morning
Punkin - she does a moose grunt ( my brother taught her) :rolleyes:
Princess - she can say hello
Buster - he's a leg rubber and a hugger
Gibson - he's just so laid back he makes a great pillow LOL

Prin
August 18th, 2006, 11:58 AM
maika is always sticking her head between our thighs to get a head & neck rub, no matter if we're standing or sitting, she "snuggles" her face there and just stands still, breathing quietly, like in a trance. never seen a dog do this before! she just started doing that as a puppy by herself, too cute. but she'll only do it to people she loves & trusts.Boo too!! The problem is, he trusts anybody, so he goes and jams his head in people's crotches on the street looking for a neck rub.:o

Boo also has comedic timing with his burps (i.e. when you're sad, he walks over looking so sappy and guilty, and just when he gets close enough, BUUURRRP. But hey, he's a big, deep chested dog, so we have to encourage it...:D)

He sits on people's laps too.. If you're outside, sitting on the porch, chair or not, he comes and plops his hiney on your lap.:love:

Jemma... It's her eyes. Just the blue is enough to get your attention, but she is so expressive with her eyes. You can see the love, and that took us probably 2 years to get. Before, her eyes were just expressionless (other than anxiety).

She gives hugs too, which is also relatively new. Both doggies even give a group hug. You just have to bend down and say "Group hug" and you get two doggies ready for hugs.:love:

Jemma: "I'm cozy in Boo's futon.":love:

dtbmnec
August 18th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Pawz - He's the purry/emotional/suck up one...he sucks my clothes which is kinda cute and then when he's done he'll meow at me all mad like because he didn't get anything out of it...if this keeps up I'm gonna have to go shopping for more clothes (he likes jeans too!), Pawz always acts innocent (even if he is the troublemaker), he'll flip on his back for tummy rubs, he always knows when I'm feeling down/upset/angry and comes up to me all purry-like...

Leo - He runs into walls (still), he comes and apologizes when he's been bad, he's actually rather smart sometimes, seeing him spaz out over the flies is rather funny (by spaz I mean he gets all psychotic)...

Megan

jiorji
August 18th, 2006, 02:21 PM
oohhh i LOVE this thread :cloud9:

Comical relief: Twiggy's trotting, Peanut's bum swinging from side to side when she walks, Twiggy chasing light reflecting on the wall off my camera lens

sometimes when I feel down, Twiggy comes up to nudge me and if i ignore her she nudges even more. "stop sulking!" hehe

what makes me melt, because it's so rare, is when Peanut actually comes on the bed in the morning to cuddle. Because she's not a cuddle cat, when I wake up with her sleeping on my feet it's such a great way to start the day :cloud9:

And i love my guinea pig's highly pitched greeting squeaks. :love:

rainbow
August 18th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Logan, my husky, loves to talk with a very mischieveous look in his gorgeous blue eyes.

Chase, my lab, is alot like Prin's Boo. I'll be watching TV and he'll come over and plunk his butt on the coffee table waiting for attention.

Ziggy, my siamese cross, sits on the bathtub in the morning waiting for me to have my shower. He will also attack the dogs when they walk by him. He jumps up and does a choke hold on their neck. If he's outside when one of them poops he can't figure out why they don't bury it, so he goes over and does it for them. He will also poop in any holes the dogs have dug.

Jackie467
August 18th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Well Candi does this thing we call corn cobbing. She very gently nibbles your arm or leg in a line with her front teeth. It's just adorable and she is so very gentle about it. Also when she thinks I'm taking to long to go somewhere with her she will just gently tug on my pants like a child would. Never really pulls just a couple gentle tugs and then she lets go.

BJ does what we call giving huggies. He will put his front half of his body on your lap and push his head on your chest and snuggle it up under your chin. Strangely he only does with with my mother and I. He will also do it on comand which is really nice when your having a bad day and need some cuddles.

Dog Dancer
August 18th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Shadow stuffs her head too, but she'll come up when you're sitting on the couch and stuff her head between your thigh and the arm of the couch. Then she'll just stand there with her head wedged in and breath. I guess she comes out when she runs out of air. It's very cute. Halo is cute when we come home and she's out on the patio and she paws at you through the railings on the gate. She just reaches out as far as she can and wines for you to hurry up and get in for kisses. Sometimes when we're walking Shadow will decide she needs a hug and she'll just stop and look at you, if you tap your chest she'll jump up and wrap her paws around your neck and just lean on you for a few minutes of cuddle time. Just gotta love our furbabies:cloud9:

jiorji
August 18th, 2006, 06:37 PM
I forgot to say that my Twiggy likes to hug me with her tail. She coils her tail around my leg or arm or wrist or whatever when she feels like she needs to say "I love my human friend":cloud9: