Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Anti-Fur Demo

Golden Girls
August 17th, 2006, 05:09 PM
There will be a demonstation tomorrow Aug 18 between 12 - 1 pm corner McGill College and St. Catherine West in Montreal - protesting conditions on fur farms.

rainbow
August 17th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Well, I'd be there if I lived there. :thumbs up

Prin
August 17th, 2006, 06:06 PM
What's the attire? Full fur with snake-skin boots? http://bestsmileys.com/fainting/2.gif

Golden Girls
August 17th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Cross Posting:

Please join other Montreal area activists for a very important, eye-catching demonstration next Friday, August 18th! Under a banner reading “Summer is no vacation for animals on fur farms” an activist will be caged for an hour while wearing a fur coat to bring attention to the plight of animals on fur farms. Animals raised on fur farms are kept in small, filthy cages and exposed to all weather extremes before being killed by gassing, neck-breaking, or genital electrocution. Visit FurIsDead.com for more information.

What: Anti-fur demo

When: Friday, August 18th from 12 noon to 1 PM
Where: Corner of Avenue McGill College at rue Ste Catherine Ouest in Montreal

Please dress nicely so attention is given to our message, not our clothes. All materials will be provided so just bring you, your friends, and your family! Please cross post this email to others who would be interested in standing up for animals killed for their fur. We hope you can make time for this important demonstration. Even if you haven’t been to a demo before, please make time to attend – it would be a great experience!

Thank you for all you do for animals and for being on the Activist Network,

happycats
August 17th, 2006, 10:48 PM
I wish I lived closer!!

Thank you for doing this (I'm sure the animals would thank you too, if they could):thumbs up
I admire your determination, and devotion to all the furry ones, your an :angel:

A sweet and wise person on this board once posted this.

There is an Indian legend.....When a human dies there is a bridge he must cross to enter into heaven. At the head of that bridge waits every animal he encountered during his lifetime. The animals ....decide which humans may cross the bridge...and which are turned away.

Your definately going to heaven GG!!!

Good luck at the protest!

Golden Girls
August 18th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Liz thank you for your kind words, you are very sweet. I do know however you would be there if you could and that's what counts :) Anyone wanting further info can contact directly the local organizer Lucas 514/994-5788 :pawprint:

pitgrrl
August 18th, 2006, 08:52 AM
I think an anti-fur demo is a great thing, and I hope it has an impact, but I noticed that it is a Peta event and I would urge you guys to look into Peta's stance on pitbulls and BSL.
I personally find it really sad that an organization which has unprecedented visibility for an animals rights org. has choosen to support BSL when they are in a position to bring so much attention to the issue.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/06/08/EDGDLD4G1S1.DTL

http://www.badrap.org/rescue/PETAA.cfm

poodletalk
August 18th, 2006, 09:00 AM
I am going to try to go on my lunch hour. I won't be able to stay too long though :mad:

Golden Girls
August 18th, 2006, 09:00 AM
I think an anti-fur demo is a great thing:thumbs up

Golden Girls
August 18th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Thanks to all who stopped by to support the horrific fur industry

Golden Girls
August 18th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Very hot afternoon

Golden Girls
August 18th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Many stopped by and picked up brochures, phamplets etc handed out