Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Aurgh, I hate coming across situations like this

erykah1310
August 16th, 2006, 09:00 PM
I really like my job, however I hate some of the things i see.

HOW IS IT PEOPLE COULD BE SO ******* CRUEL??!?!?!??!?!!?!?

If its not old dogs, who are litterally tearing their skin off trying to relieve itching from GOD ONLY KNOWS WHAT.... Its starving dogs wandering around on the roads, hiding it ditches and jumping out in front of my truck... OR TODAY..............

Came across one house with * Im not kidding * at least 100 dogs!!!!:eek:
Not to mention THEIR PUPS:mad: :frustrated: :yell:
Of cource all purebreds ( your typical nightmare MILL situation)

How do people get away with things like this??????

My rant for the nite!

Maya
August 16th, 2006, 09:32 PM
It's astonishing isn't it? :confused: I can't figure out how people can do the things they do and get away with it. Not enough justice in this world.

technodoll
August 16th, 2006, 09:40 PM
hurts too much to even muster up a response tonight :sad:

erykah1310
August 16th, 2006, 09:48 PM
I want to do something about it soo bad... but what??
I am technically not allowed to 'get involved' with things i see.

Perhaps one day just go for a " ride" down that road to visit a girl I went to school with and stumble across it??

Im speechless and have no clue what, if anything can be done?

Prin
August 16th, 2006, 11:00 PM
It's hard because the animal protection laws are so weak.:sad:

rainbow
August 16th, 2006, 11:27 PM
That's sooo frustrating. :frustrated: Not to mention sick. :yuck:

mama samoan
August 17th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Perhaps if you have Crime Stoppers in your area you could make a call to them with all the info. that you have. They say they dont have caller ID, but if you wanted to make sure you could use a payphone. If that is not possible could you PM someone that you trust with the info. and have them report it? I hope one way or another it is reported.

jiorji
August 17th, 2006, 08:48 AM
based on those animal situations alone, I've given up trying to understand why people do these things. Have they no soul?
I keep thinking of those "early days" of the pets you guys own here on the board, of little pups that were adopted from the spca at an early age that endured so much abuse in such little time. I mean, what kind of person in their right mind would hit or allow such a defenceles being be swirmed by fleas or other diseases. :sad:

:grouphug: :pawprint:

HunterXHunter
August 17th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Came across one house with * Im not kidding * at least 100 dogs!!!!:eek:
Not to mention THEIR PUPS:mad: :frustrated: :yell:
Of cource all purebreds ( your typical nightmare MILL situation)

How do people get away with things like this??????

Why don't you report them? :confused:

Maya
August 17th, 2006, 01:05 PM
It's hard because the animal protection laws are so weak.-Prin

That is true and I think the laws are weak mainly because of the large supply and demand for slaughterhouse meat. If laws are put in place so that puppy mill dogs are treated better (or not allowed) the laws will also have to be inforced for meat industry animals, which isn't likely to happen anytime soon.

I'm not sure if anything can be done as long as the dogs are getting some food water and covering, isn't that the problem :confused:

Writing4Fun
August 17th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Have someone drive you down that road so you can take a quick picture. Then send an anonymous letter (picture included) you your local SPCA or whatever.

I just have to keep telling myself that karma will get these people in the end. :yell: :frustrated:

Lise
August 19th, 2006, 08:05 AM
I agree with taking pictures couldn't you also maybe send them to the newspaper or whatever nmedia as well?since that husky mess maybe they will be more interested.You could also try sending to CKC they are actually doing more about breeders who do not maintain minimum care standards,I know it's not much but a breeder can lose their right to register dogs which would devalue her puppies that is assuming they are being sold with papers.If she is selling them as purebred with no papers that is illegal and contravenes the pedigree act you could again contact the CKC that is a federal offence that comes with a heavier fine as well as more jail time than cruelty.Pretty depressing when people can face stiffer sentences for paperwork than abuse.

erykah1310
August 19th, 2006, 04:44 PM
My cousin called the owner interested in a poodle puppy. She has an appointment to go there.
However she has no intention of getting a dog.
Once she is there she is armed with TONS of questions that we picked off this site for the "breeder"
She will then be reporting
I will keep all of you posted!!!:fingerscr

Prin
August 19th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Be careful.:fingerscr

Maya
August 19th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Yes be careful they are obviously not good people. I wonder if she could get it on audio or bring a reporter from a local newspaper? It might be wise if another person goes with her at least to be a witness and offer support in case they get defensive about the questions.

badger
August 19th, 2006, 06:23 PM
The minute they see that she is better informed than the average joe who is just looking for a cute puppy, their radar will light up.
Please tell her to be careful. They could have guns (if people are into one shady activity, they're usually into others). How about one of those voice-activated tape recorders?
I don't think I could do it, I'd be too nervous, plus having to leave all those sad-eyed critters behind.

erykah1310
August 19th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Perhaps your all right there, we should go about it in a different way.
Back to the drawing board, however her and her husband will still go in and see things for themselves. I will tell her not ask too many questions.
Better maybe if she does it over the phone after???
Ideas please. The tape recorder is a good idea.

Prin
August 19th, 2006, 10:21 PM
I think you're supposed to tell them before recording any phone conversations, no? Even then you can just say "Is it ok if I record this- I don't want to forget anything important?" And then start with really easy dumb questions and by the time you move on, he might forget.

Maya
August 20th, 2006, 12:48 AM
I'm pretty sure you can record a conversation as long as you are part of it but because of privacy laws can't share the tape with another party unless you have their consent. We need a lawyer on here :o