Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

How to pass the time?

jawert1
August 16th, 2006, 12:20 PM
My folks tend to get a little lonely without the pitter patter of doggie feet in the house since Max died in February, and so between my brother and I, we oblige them (my brother more than me sadly) and let them puppy sit. This week Peach and Simon are at Grandma and Grandpa's (yes, my parent's actually call *themselves* that now), and so I'm mid-week wondering, how does one pass the time? The last few trips up to my folks, I've had something going on that's occupied me, but this time, no such luck. Thus far, I've managed to oversleep completely without the 2 "cold nose we hate snooze get your butt up" backup systems, I totally zoned out while making my coffee (Simon hovers under me anytime I'm in the kitchen so I'm usually more aware) and wound up with 6 tablespoons of Tim's to 16oz of water (strong stuff lemme tell ya), and am sitting about at night, since there's nobody to go to the field and play with. While I'm counting down the days, my dad has created a wire run with 2 long (20 ft) leads that goes around the entire house and garage so they can be outside with him when he's doing yard work (the same man that built a room in their basement entirely for the doggies). I don't think they're going to want to come home!

Prin
August 16th, 2006, 12:40 PM
They're doggie sitting when you're not away? I think they need to rescue a mid-life doggy.:)

cpietra16
August 16th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Hi Jawert...maybe you should concider giving them 1 human baby:D ...you may be able to get your furbabies back:D :D

jawert1
August 16th, 2006, 02:11 PM
I mentioned them getting another rescue dog, but they're verbally hesitant when I broach the subject. My brother has as well, but since he dumps his collie on them all the time, he's not nearly as emphatic in his arguments as I am ;) I know at some point they will, my dad can't stand a hairless house lol As for me and human baby cpietra, not a chance, I'm leaving that up to my brother and SIL to handle :p

rainbow
August 16th, 2006, 06:27 PM
I'm with Prin....I think they need a mid-life doggie too. :D :dog: