Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

"Pit Bull" Co-op/My Dog Votes

babyrocky1
August 15th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Hey all, the Pit Bull Co-op group walk this week will be in conjunction with the My Dog Votes Candle Light Vigil. For more info please see www.pitbullcoop.2ya.com
and www.mydogvotes.com or contact rockapuppy@yahoo.ca or pm me.

:candle: (thanks to Pitbullliest for making us this great site as well as the Candle Light Vigil flyer!) and Happy Birthday Violet!

This post approved by ADMIN

mastifflover
August 16th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Well we will be there since the nights are cooler and this is something we need to support. Just look at the breeds that are banned I bet some of you own one or them I do.

seeker
August 16th, 2006, 04:46 PM
We will be there with one of our "muzzled beasts" . Maybe the one that won't get up because he wants a tummy rub or the one that smiles like crazy but won't get off the chair or the one that wiggles so much when you pet her she looks like she has stripes .
Happy "B"day Violet

babyrocky1
August 16th, 2006, 05:54 PM
Hey you guys, so glad to hear that youll be joining us! Ill be there for sure ofcourse, but Rocky is still a question....His ear has been drained again, but I have this horrible feeling that it will have ballooned up again once I get home from work.
My vets have been really good with him and also trying to be creative so that I dont have to pay tooo mucy! I:love: my vets! but its kind of hard to live your life wondering every day if you have to rush back to the vets, weve been three times since Friday.
I may also be there at the begining of the walk With Rocky, but maybe let him rest and meet you on the way back... I guess it'll all work out somehow.
If you guys per chance dont see me post its only cause Im not sure whats going on at work (where I am now) with some new computers that we just got. You can alsways give me a call if you need me, Mastifflover do you have my number? (btw for anyone else, although this is a "Pit bull Co-op hosted event, all breeds are welcome! especially for this particular event) check out the site everyone, I hate to be an alarmist but this is not just a "pit bull" problem!

babyrocky1
August 20th, 2006, 10:44 PM
Thanks to alll who showed up tonight for the special My Dog Votes Candle light Vigil. This was a vigil to honour all the dogs who have been killled by the ignorance of BSL around the world and similar vigils were held around the world at the same time! We had quite a time lighting candles and getting all the dogs into the pics but we did it!!!! (pics cming soon!)
Afterwards we had a great walk and all the dogs got to practice their manners for the next really Big VIgil, this Sunday at Queens Park!

Thanks to the administrators at Pets.ca for being supportive of all of the Pit Bull Co-op events and facilatating the birth of the "Pit Bull Co-op"!

pitbulliest
August 22nd, 2006, 11:36 PM
Whoever took pics at the Aug 20th Vigil, can you please send them to my email? I'd like to put them up on the co-op website...Seeker, I do know you took some nice group pics. If you have the time and patience, please drop me a line:
info@pitbullproject.ca

Thanx guys! SEE YOU SUNDAY AGAIN!

babyrocky1
September 3rd, 2006, 11:18 PM
Hi all, just a quick update, I realise that it may seem that Ive been chatting to myself alot about this group, but we do exist and do meet, at this point in time, twice a week, Sundays and Mondays. We have anywere from two dogs to sixteen.
We now have a web site and also a yahoo group to help organize us.
We were born on Pets.ca, created because of the isolation and anxiety people with Bullies were feeling before the ban took place.
Recently the BSL portion of pets.ca doesnt seem to have the same level of activity as it once did. I really hope that we can get that back cause theres still so much to be done and this is a great place for chatting and supporting one another through a very difficult time. Its also proven to be a great place to take ideas and turn them into something positive! If we think back to some of the early posts , we have really acomplished alot of great things! I know that we cant keep up the same level of intensity forever but I do hope we get some sparks back on this site!
Anyways, Pit Bull Co-op info is on the site www.pitbullcoop.2ya.com ..check it out or pm me anytime. Remember you dont have to have a bullie to come on the walk.
heck you dont even have to have a dog. We usually have extra LOL

ChancesMom
September 6th, 2006, 12:24 AM
I do not live out your way, but wanted to wish you luck.

babyrocky1
September 8th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Thanks Chances Mom, we are planning to expand to areas anywhere in Ontario. If you ever want to start your own group or just list with us once we start our bullie "dating" service LOL your more than welcome!:thumbs up
If you want to read our mandate just check out the web site!

babyrocky1
September 14th, 2006, 12:08 PM
The "Pit Bull" co-op is holding a special walk on Sunday the 24th at four oclock rather than the regular evening walk. We are doing this to accomodate some of the BIN people and dogs who are coming in from out of town so it promises to be very well attended.

If anyone here hasnt come cause of the time hopefully this will give you a great opportunity to come out and join us! Lets take advantage of the great weather while we still have it.

Also this Sunday and MOnday we are meeting at the regular time!

seeker
September 16th, 2006, 06:25 PM
4 pm works for us .See you all there .

babyrocky1
September 17th, 2006, 09:58 PM
Thats great Seeker, we are expecting a big turn out! It will be Rockys first big walk since his operation. We had a nice get together tonight too, just five dogs but sometimes thats a good number as well. Sometimes in a smaller group the dogs that are there get more of a chance to get to know one another. We are walking again tomorrow night if the weather is okay.

babyrocky1
September 21st, 2006, 06:50 PM
Just a reminder, this week the co-op will meet at four instead of eight.....all welcome!

Our regular Monday night walk is off for this week though!

babyrocky1
September 25th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Well, I thought we had a great walk yesterday...nice to meet alot of new folks and great to see Seeker,mrs. Seeker, and all the baby Seekers including Zelda...Rockys :love: connection! LOL....We are already talking about doing another special afternoon walk for the out of towners but no date yet...Seeker did you get a chance to meet Spurby and Amberowens mom, they were in the park when some of you got back...?.I saw them on my way back.

Anyhow... this Monday...actually tonight is cancelled but our regular schedule resumes next Sunday and MOnday at eight..... Remember All Welcome...no Bullie required! Just a :love: for them!

seeker
September 25th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Lynn and Zelda met the 2 late arrivals . We stuck around for a little while after we got back ,right till about the time my meter was out of time. It is kind of funny but our dog slept all the way home yet she gets lots of exercise at our place .It must be the excitement of seeing all the new dogs and people .
We like coming down there and the late afternoon works very well for us but because of the distance we cannot make it to every one . Zelda gets to run here at home but the social aspect of these walks is something we cannot duplicate . She surprised us with how good she gets along with Rocky and all the other pooch's as well as their owners because she doesn't see any dogs other than ours up here . We want to make sure she never loses that trait and these walks seem to be doing that very well.

babyrocky1
September 27th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Thats really nice to here Seeker, thats certainly one of the main reasons we do it!

Rocky used to sleep for almost the whole day after "pit Bull Co-op walks" but hes a little more used to it now....but it is completely different than just the physical exaustion, they really flake out from all of the "social activities" LOL

Even when I dropped him off last week to head back to Queen Street he just went up to bed..no fuss at all, usually theres great drama if I just go home to drop him off and leave again bu the was tired!

We had a discussion about missing so many people, it turned out it wasnt just the two you met in the park, there was another person who came from Mississauga that we missed. Weve decided to post our route on the yahoo group as well as a few cell phone numbers incase that ever happens again.

Im glad you guys met up though, theres some great pics posted on the BIN site.

babyrocky1
October 25th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Hey all, the "Pit bull Co-op" still meets twice a week in Toronto, all are welcome!

We are also chatting about having another special afternoon meetup for people who cant make the evenings... we are thinking that a Saturday afternoon in early to mid November might be nice...any takers?????:pawprint:

babyrocky1
October 25th, 2006, 10:17 PM
Oh and another thing, we are also thinking of recording people interested in starting there own "pittie Co-op" in other citys.... Give me a pm if your interested.:)

mummummum
October 26th, 2006, 12:43 AM
For those of us who can't make it to the Pitti meet-ups it sure would be nice to see pictures (hint, hint, nudge, nudge...). It also might encourage folks (like my lazy@ss self) to get down there:rolleyes: !

babyrocky1
October 26th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Okay Mumumumum! As soon as I can get at my own computer Ill be sending YOU some cause we all know I still dont know how to post them!

In the mean time try going to www.pitbullcoop.2ya.com there are new pics there! If you look real close you will see me, definately Rocky and some other members of pets.ca who can admit to being there if they would like LOL

BTW there are also some lovely dogs looking for a home on the site! Check it out DUDE!:crazy:

seeker
October 26th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Hey all, the "Pit bull Co-op" still meets twice a week in Toronto, all are welcome!

We are also chatting about having another special afternoon meetup for people who cant make the evenings... we are thinking that a Saturday afternoon in early to mid November might be nice...any takers?????:pawprint:

We're in for a saturday walk in November just let us know here or by email.
How is rocky , all better from the operation I bet ?

babyrocky1
October 26th, 2006, 09:14 PM
Will do Seeker, yep Rocky is recovering from his operation but he is having new problems with his muzzle so his poor wee face is still sore! He is finally starting to heal though.... Would you also be available if we had a Sunday afternoon walk?

seeker
October 27th, 2006, 11:18 PM
Sundays are better for us but Saturday is fine too . As you know we can't get there all the time but really enjoy it when we do make it . All I need is a little notice and as long as there are no conflicts we will be there.

babyrocky1
November 1st, 2006, 10:15 PM
This afternoon walk will be one of those "special ones" that we put on once in a while for you guys that cant do the evening ones. Were still trying to iron out which weekend would be best and also which day but the regular weekly walks are still on Sunday and MOnday evenings. We have changed the Sunday meet to seven from eight but I dont know if that would help you out of towners much.... I will definately post here and pm the "usual suspects" once we get some more firm plans!:pawprint:

babyrocky1
November 8th, 2006, 08:02 PM
Hi all, the special afternoon walk will be held on November 26th at two oclock...hey Seeker are you guys in????
Dudes and Dudettes who havent had a chance to join us yet...please think about this date as we would really love to have you... remember you dont have to have a bullie, just a :love: for them will do..... Mastifflover how bout you, and Mumumumumumum.... a few extra mums just incase, it would be nice to see you again and finally meet some of your beautiful beasts!:D Oh and Mona B, we might need some protection are you in, I know your near by sometimes... dont worry we are in full compliance with the law!:angel:

babyrocky1
November 15th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Hey all, just another reminder that the "pittie co-op" willl be holding one of its long awaited "out of towner" afternoon walks on the 26th.... we do this every so often for people who find it difficult to attend the weekly evening walks... sooo if you would like to join us we would LOVE to have you!!!!!
You dont need to have a "pittie" to join in the fun!:pawprint:

mummummum
November 15th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Oooooo pick me pick me I wanna come !!! Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Do you post the meet & greet details on the Co-op website or is it by invitation? Can I send invites to friends with pitties and Staffs or do they need to be vetted first?

babyrocky1
November 15th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Apparantly you missed your personal invite in the second from last post previously mumumumum!!!! check it out!!!! Hmmm, how to invite others...hmmm well you can invite anyone at all, but could you send them our mandate so that they will know what were about... I will pm you the info as we dont make our meetup times and places public... were a secret society shhhhhh hahahahhah!:pawprint:

mummummum
November 15th, 2006, 09:54 PM
No worries about Evil-Intentioned-Interlopers !! I send out the pitbull co-op's website to everyone I meet with bullies, staffs ...well, anybody who looks at me sideways about BSL actually. I'm looking forward to this ~ now I just have to figure out which of the muglets gets to come!

seeker
November 17th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Hi all, the special afternoon walk will be held on November 26th at two oclock...hey Seeker are you guys in????

We have it scheduled as long as there are no major weather problems we are in . Coronation park , right ?

babyrocky1
November 22nd, 2006, 07:11 PM
Right Seeker, and there are no major weather concerns forcasted as of yet LOL

seeker
November 24th, 2006, 04:10 PM
See you sunday, the weather looks good high of 11*.

babyrocky1
November 24th, 2006, 08:09 PM
See you sunday, the weather looks good high of 11*.Yep, its just more proof that God loves Pit Bulls too! :angel:
Remember all other pittie lovers are welcome! (no dog is ncessary, we will have extra!) Just go to our website at www.pitbullcoop.2ya.com and you can give me a call if you need more info. I wont be online before Sunday.:)
See you at Two on Sunday Seeker!

mummummum
November 26th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Well, that was GREAT fun and the day was just purrrrfect for a walk along the lakefront. Twenty something dawgies (and not just Bullies ~ we had a beagle, a JRT and of course Bridie-Who-Would-Be-:queen: ) and about twice that many people. It was a good experience for Bridie since she is still working on her ability to read other dawgs and bullies have such a BIG way of saying hello. Thanks for the invite ~ we'll look forward to the next one (as long as you don't mind us racing ahead to get out the yaya's and racing back for the "tail end" :rolleyes: of the walk !) Now post at least some of the zillions of pix wouldja ????

babyrocky1
November 26th, 2006, 08:42 PM
Wahooooo! BIGGEST, Bestest...Pittie Co-op walk ever!!!! And yep, fantastic day, it was great meeting so many people that I havent met before and what a great bunch of dogs!!!! Thanks sooo much to everyone who came! Especially those of you that travelled so far! We recruited a bunch of first timers from Toronto as well so the weekly walks should have increased numbers too!
There were definately alot of great shots taken, Violet should be along shortly with hers to post! Mine are kind of blurry and I dont know how to post them anyways,
Rocky was so t ired after the walk that I was able to bring him to the class I had to teachright after the walk and he just went to sleep in the corner.... soo cute!
A special thanks to Mumumum, Seeker, Danielle, Spurby, Conners, and Pitbulliest, all of Pets.ca fame! See ya all soon.... cant wait til next time :dog: :pawprint: :highfive: :grouphug:

babyrocky1
January 19th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Hi all, the Pittie Co-op is in the process of planning another "Big Walk" These walks are generally held in the Afternoon to accomodate people coming from out of town or just people who cant do the evening walks. OUr regular walks, (weekly eves) have been cut down a bit for the winter, right now we are only doing Sunday evenings but if we get more interest in the MOnday nights we will bring them back in a second!
We have a tentative date of Feb 17th for the next "big walk" but that is still a working date, I am also considering the Saturday instead as I do teach on Sunday and would prefer not to lose that income so Im wondering for 1 how people feel about Sat or Sun afternoons and Im also wondering if the following weekend would give us a better chance at warmer weather. Ofcourse its always a gamble but I would love some input... Remember EVERYONE who loves Pitties and hates BSL is welcome! We generally have extra dogs and we love company so come along even if you dont have a dog and if you do, all breeds are welcome in our world!

seeker
January 19th, 2007, 10:12 PM
We are planning for a walk in Feb , either day is fine. Zelda is looking forward to it !

mummummum
January 19th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Either day is fine for me (pittie-lover-at-large) and I'm happy to re-arrange whatever I need to re-arrange to be there but, I'm thinking the lakefront might be brutal.

Have you ever been to The Moore Park ravine or The Brickworks? (Bayview-extension and the DVP just south of St. Clair) There are more off-leash dogs in the ravine than in The Brickworks though if that's a consideration. There are also two Humane-Society sponsored, completely fenced-in "rough terrain" areas. If folks can find vehicular transportation, they both provide a great environment and there's lots of parking.

babyrocky1
January 21st, 2007, 01:53 PM
We actually already have Two locations Mumumum and depending on the weather forcast we choseeither the waterfront or a very near by park in the city.... These locations are familiar to all the regulars and most of the out of towners so we try and keep to one or the other of them. I am assumng we will be in the park in the city rather than the waterfront but with this winter who knows???? Lately we have been in the park. (the park i s much warmer than the waterfront) We are on hold with our regular weekly meetings for at least this week and possible the next but I think the Feb 17th will be a go and it is a Saturday which is better for me but I still havent heard from a lot of the people on Yahoo. Anyways Im glad your coming again!

babyrocky1
January 21st, 2007, 01:55 PM
We are planning for a walk in Feb , either day is fine. Zelda is looking forward to it ! I know Rocky will be very happy to see Zelda!!!! Itll be great to see the Seeker whole family too!

babyrocky1
January 24th, 2007, 07:35 PM
We finally have a date for the latest "pit bull Co-op" Special Afternoon Edition Walk!!! Please see title...Any Questions about place etc. just pm me... or for those of you in the know just give me a call. Also, for first timers, check out our web site to get a sense of us...www.pitbullcoop.2ya.com There you will find our mandate which is an important read if you would like to attend the walk or know a bit aobut us. You do not need to have a "Pit Bull"...just a :love: for them will do! We have a regular Beagle and have welcomed lots of other breeds into the fold!

mummummum
February 10th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Just a bit of a bump to remind folks who want to be in the know about the next bullie-walk ! Contact www.pitbullcoop.2ya.com for more details and we'll see ya'll there !

babyrocky1
February 14th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Just a bit of a bump to remind folks who want to be in the know about the next bullie-walk ! Contact www.pitbullcoop.2ya.com for more details and we'll see ya'll there ! Thanks Mumumumum I just came on to do the same thing.....This Saturday you guys!!!!! Two oclock, any questions just go to the web site or give me a call from the website! I may not be online. Please come!!!!!!

seeker
February 15th, 2007, 05:41 PM
No excuses, good weather is going to be there , no superbowl, plenty of time to get home for the leaf game, the carshow is on next week too.
As of right now slight winds from the SOUTH and a high of -2 .It will feel like spring.

babyrocky1
February 21st, 2007, 08:00 PM
Just an update to say a good time was had by all who attended, or so it seemed to me that is and we will now resume our regular walks on Sunday evenings so anyone who wants to attend pls pm me or check out our site or both!

Also another afternoon walk will be scheduled for sometime in April so if you missed this one you still have another chance!

Infact you always have another chance cause we intend to keep up the "special afternoon walks" atleast every two months or so, they tend to be well attended and definately enjoyed, it gives people a chance to come in from out of town and we always meet new people and bullies:thumbs up

Schwinn
March 22nd, 2007, 03:49 PM
Any chance of coming to visit one of the walkes without Daisy? I thought Grace would get a kick out of all the "Daisy"'s (as every dog is called). Unfortunately, the real Daisy is nervous with other dogs, and has been REALLY protective of Grace.

babyrocky1
March 23rd, 2007, 07:19 PM
Sure Schwinn, all are welcome. (especially BSL haters like you LOL) but the real Daisy could benefit by coming. Most of our dogs were "nervous" at the beginning! None of us care if a dog makes a "scene" .... Were all there for one another.
Oh my GOD I cant believe we LOST!

babyrocky1
March 25th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Hi all, the next co-op special afternoon walk will be Saturday April 21st at three oclock... Please pm me or email me for details..... AND please make a special effort to attend this one! I feel like we really need to support each other right now....!
www.pitbullcoop.2ya.com
this site will explain our mandate and has our contact info. Also, it has cool pics of lots of bullies enjoying themselves! Celebrating their culture if you will.:pawprint:

babyrocky1
March 28th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Hi all, incase some of you who regularly check the pittie co-op Yahoo group, just wanted to let you know that Yahoo is really messed up.... its posting all the posts over and over again and its on all of the Yahoo Groups, not just ours... apparantly its a virus or something, so just be patient and dont bother trying to post for the evening, hopefully it will be back to normal tomorrow. If you need me you all know were to find me by now LOL

Schwinn
March 29th, 2007, 10:15 AM
but the real Daisy could benefit by coming. Most of our dogs were "nervous" at the beginning! None of us care if a dog makes a "scene" .... Were all there for one another.

She's become much worse since Grace came along. Cheryl took her for a walk the other day, and Daisy went off like she was rabid when another dog got near. I'm still leary of taking Daisy around other dogs, but we'll see.

babyrocky1
March 29th, 2007, 07:54 PM
WEll you certainly know best Schwinn, maybe start with coming without her and then see how you feel for the next time. I noticed that a bit with Rocky, I took Brandon, the Grandson, out in his wagon with Rocky and some puppys started jumping up to play with Brandon, Rocky freaked!
I just wanted to make it clear that we dont worry about barking dogs etc. alot of people have hesitated to bring their "badly mannered" dogs but as long as people have control of their dogs none of us are worried about dogs barking and making a "scene". Theres no sense in bringing Daisy right away if she wont have fun!

babyrocky1
April 8th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Hey all just another reminder, next "big coop walk" is coming up quickly!!!! We woud love to see some new faces, ears and tails!!! Im almost sure it will be spring by then!

Also please check out the www.pitbullcoop.2ya.com site as new bullies needing homes are being added regularly ..... BIN dogs are there, Animal Rescue, and shortly Advocates for the Underdog.... so please check them out and our co-op pics too and pass on the info to any potential moms and dads!

And thanks to Vi for posting them all!

babyrocky1
April 10th, 2007, 10:55 PM
To everyone who occasionally comes on the walks or is part of our Yahoo group could you please check out the group, we have a lady from the vet I was telling you about who has just joined the group and she needs our collective ideas for two of the dogs in care there.

Conners
April 14th, 2007, 12:19 AM
We still desparately need someone to take over the walks in London. Shasta loved her winter walks brrrr.... but now it's even MORE important with the nicer weather and needing the intervention. Not all of us have multiple dogs or backyards to play in and socialization is a priority.
Do we have any Londoners left on here that might be interested? I would do it myself but because of health issues am not able.

babyrocky1
April 14th, 2007, 01:04 AM
Hey Conners, why dont you try posting on the Bin forum as well, since next Saturday, not tomorrow but the 21st is the big walk, maybe someone from there is coming to Toronto and you could come to the walk.... ?

Anyone here coming from London????? Hellooo Londoners?????

Someone is coming from Guelf. Is there anyway you could get to Guelf?

Conners
April 14th, 2007, 01:26 AM
As much as I LOVED the Toronto walk, I can't afford paying $50 for a ride there and back. That hurt majorly on my budget!
And as much as I wouls do anything to come for the BIG WALK, my body says NO and down for the count. It's died on me from over pushing myself I've really screwed myself up.
If ever any Londoners ARE coming to Toronto for some of the big walks, please don't forget me. I don't know when I have enjoyed being together all in one place (except for under the picnic table when the bathrooms were locked) :eek: Guess it's not just the dogs that leave their territories. hehehe
I haven't tried BIN, but will try after I finish up here.
Have the most fun EVER guys!!! I'd do anything to be there if I could!!! Shasta and I are there in Spirit with you all. I want to see PICS!!!!

*hugs* Conners

mummummum
April 14th, 2007, 04:11 AM
Nice to hear from you after such a long time Connors ! Sorry you're feeling poorly though. You and Shasta will be missed of course ~ hey, not everybody could pull off the picnic table stunt with such grace !

Conners
April 14th, 2007, 06:14 AM
:laughing: You better believe it, but it comes from heavy duty fishing/camping trips with all guys. Try it over the boat without missing a bite and nobody noticing. That's when you KNOW you've got it down pat.
I do hope on making it back to Toronto becuz that walk was amazing!!! Now to get something started here in London again.
As far as my health. Blame that on the Ontario government. Yes ma'am, you heard me right! Seems if you are either a senior or disabled and on a pension you are only allowed generic medications, even if they don't work on you. The doctors hands are tied as so is the patients unless you can afford to pay for them yourself. :sick:

mummummum
April 14th, 2007, 09:55 AM
:sorry: :offtopic: Well that's quite the feat! But can ya pee standing up ? :laughing: I hope your health recovers soon. If you haven't already have look at the The Trillium Foundation to see if they can help.

And stay on the Board for dawg's sake ~ would love to see pix and hear news of you and Shasta more than every six months !

Conners
April 15th, 2007, 02:38 PM
:offtopic: Haven't tried that one, but can pee over the side of a boat unconspictuously (sp?) in full snow gear with a pic my g/f took to prove it. The guys would have been totally unaware except for all the laughing she did.
And yes, I will try to get back on here sooner than 6 months at a time.
With the problems with City Hall about them and ACC putting Shasta's certified service dog records into her file, it was a long frustrating fight. They say it's not a bullie thing, but you know...same old, same old... I received back the cheque for $50, but not because they acknowledge her as a certified service dog (even with all her papers), but out of a 'matter of good faith' they are looking into it. yeah right! grrrrr.... I was told that what I had was a 'properly registered, restricted Pit bull in compliance to the bylaw.' :frustrated:
Back on track, I keep forgetting to get on BIN to check out London Walks.

Conners

babyrocky1
April 16th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Nice to hear from you after such a long time Connors ! Sorry you're feeling poorly though. You and Shasta will be missed of course ~ hey, not everybody could pull off the picnic table stunt with such grace !
LOL I had forgotten all about that Conners LOL
One needs to make do right? LOL

Arent there folks from AFTU in London? they may not know about this weeks "big walk" though....
Anyways Conners, heal up quickly for the next one, we aim for one at least every two months, but then that puts us on a weekend in June, I dont know how well attended that would be only cause your competing with lucky folks that have cottages, anyhow the next one will definatley be not to far from this one....In the meantime we will keep searcing for Londners.

babyrocky1
April 17th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Hope to see alot of people there! Pm me for details! Again, you dont need to have your own Bullie! All bullie lovers are VERY welcome!:thumbs up

Schwinn
April 18th, 2007, 09:25 AM
The parents are on the way up this weekend, and I'll be knee-deep in brake jobs (theirs) and lumber (mine). Hopefully I'll be able to make the next one.

mummummum
April 18th, 2007, 02:42 PM
I'll be there Debbie ! (...and hopefully the "facilities" will be open by now :D)
We'll miss you Family Schwinn !

Conners
April 18th, 2007, 04:23 PM
The London Bowl-A-Thon for the Legal Fees will be held in less than a month. Hope some of you will be able to make it!!! But that's when I'm going to ask if anyone is interested in becoming a co-ordinator in London.
Shasta and I will both be there since SD's are allowed anywhere. Hope the press comes again. I see a positive image of the bullies will make the news. :thumbs up

babyrocky1
April 19th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Anyone who thinks they might need "facilities" can stop at my place on the way over LOL Or the way back,: Same bathroom that had Bryant in the toilet....he is gone now though!:laughing:
Awwww, no Schwinns.....:sad:

Next one for sure!
Tell us when you want to come and we will schedule a walk!

Sooo who else wants to come and join us this Saturday... come on Pets.ca...the weather and the company will be great!! pm me for more info....!

Conners
April 19th, 2007, 12:52 AM
Anyone who thinks they might need "facilities" can stop at my place on the way over LOL Or the way back,: Same bathroom that had Bryant in the toilet....he is gone now though!:laughing:

You had BRYANT use your toilet???? :evil: THAT'S IT!!! At least we know he was NEVER under the picnic table. USE THE TABLE or you never know what you could catch!!! :sick:

BAD DEBBY! BAD!!!! :yell:

babyrocky1
April 19th, 2007, 12:29 PM
You had BRYANT use your toilet???? :evil: THAT'S IT!!! At least we know he was NEVER under the picnic table. USE THE TABLE or you never know what you could catch!!! :sick:

BAD DEBBY! BAD!!!! :yell:NOOOOOO! We had Bryant litterally in the toilet, at the Bullie Bash, you know so you could use the facilities errr, on him and then flush him!

OK, it was a pic of Bryant.... symbolic....Conners your going to ruin my reputation...LOL Look on the Bully Bash pics on the pittie co-op Yahoo Group... then youll see!!!
Suzanne, Heeeeelp me someone post the pics! LOL

Conners
April 19th, 2007, 04:32 PM
You want a pic? Here's one I have been working on. It's not fully completed, but I'll give you a preview. :laughing:
http://defend-a-bull.com/misc/bob2.jpg
Whadda ya think of THAT! :p

babyrocky1
April 19th, 2007, 09:33 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I think Ive finally been permanently traumatized!
I may NEVER get that graphic out of my head... thanks Conners:laughing:
So I guess you couldnt figure out how to put his head were it belongs EWWWWW!:laughing:

babyrocky1
April 22nd, 2007, 08:20 PM
testing photo

babyrocky1
April 22nd, 2007, 08:21 PM
I did it I did it.......It only took three years for me to figure out how to post a pic... now If I could only figure out how I did it.....hmmmmmm!

babyrocky1
April 22nd, 2007, 08:28 PM
Can I do it again?

babyrocky1
April 22nd, 2007, 08:54 PM
I hope this is it.....

babyrocky1
April 23rd, 2007, 02:05 AM
Hopefully this is our recent walk!

babyrocky1
April 23rd, 2007, 02:12 AM
Cool, now that I know how to do this, you guys aer doomed I gotta go work with the digital camera much more now.... This site will be plastered with Rockys Pics from thread to thread LOL I have three yrs to make up for hahahha

Prin
April 23rd, 2007, 02:26 AM
lol Finally! :)

Great pics! So many sweet bullies!:cloud9:

TeriM
April 23rd, 2007, 02:49 AM
Hehe, we'll take all the pics of the gorgeious bullies that you wanna send :thumbs up .

(ok, don't really need the human butt shot but other than that .... ) :D .

Hunter's_owner
April 23rd, 2007, 08:23 AM
The pics are great. Such beatiful bullies:cloud9:

Conners
May 8th, 2007, 07:46 PM
HEY!!!!! How come I never saw none of these and knew this thread was still going???? You don't want me to play wit yah anymore??? :sad:

Well, Steve let me have that pic of when Danielle and I came to Toronto for the Bullie walk and WOW!!!! What a turn out! This is the picture Steve took.

DRAT! I don't know what url it's on???? I thought I could post from My Computer. Ok Smarty Pants Debbie...REMIND ME!!!! :footinmouth:

babyrocky1
May 11th, 2007, 01:13 AM
No conspiracy here Connie, I guess your just not checking as much as you should LOL
Wht do ya mean url... there are pics on the Co-op yahoo Group and also on the DLCC Yahoo group.... ????
Oh and thats my secret hahahah, the only way I know how to post the pics here is post them first on the Yahoo group...then when I pull them back off...they are small....! Wahooo and I can post them on here... no sizing required...which is good cause thats been the three yr problem..! but I did want to check with those involved if its okay to post any more pics.... I figured with the group shots that they are so small you wouldnt know who was who unless you already knew who was who:crazy:

Conners
May 11th, 2007, 03:29 AM
[QUOTE=babyrocky
you wouldnt know who was who unless you already knew who was who:crazy:[/QUOTE]

:laughing: And I though I was the one going CRAZY!!!! Yeah, I lost my brain and couldn't find it for awhile, but now I remember how to do it. Wadda yah mean what is a url? Sheesh Lady! Do I have to explain EVERYTHING???? ROFL

I think you're right. I should check in more often, but I keep forgetting and that doesn't help much.

Going to the London 2nd Annual Bullie Bowl-A-Thon this weekend with Shasta and hopefully the AfterParty. I'll take LOTS of pics and wish us luck on raising LOTS of money for the Legal Fund!!!! :goodvibes:

ang2004
May 11th, 2007, 08:06 AM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h33/angela182548/scar.jpg

This is my baby. Just wanted to share his pic. He is the love of my life!!

babyrocky1
May 11th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Another beautiful Bullie! Hope your near Toronto and can join us sometime!
Or London and join Conners!

babyrocky1
May 13th, 2007, 12:50 AM
trying the photo thing again,

babyrocky1
May 13th, 2007, 12:53 AM
trying the photo thing again, and again

babyrocky1
May 13th, 2007, 12:57 AM
and now the other bullie bench,

babyrocky1
May 13th, 2007, 01:02 AM
Vi and I doing a switch

babyrocky1
May 13th, 2007, 01:18 AM
By the way, the beagle, Sebastion, is the leader of the group and an honourary "pit bull" LOL See, the Bully co-op is not Breed Specific... alll breeds who and welcome to walk with the beautiful bullies! We have even had two JRTs and neither were eaten! that comment was for the infamous Peter Worthington....not the "normal" JRT owners...:crazy:

seeker
May 13th, 2007, 08:27 PM
We have even had two JRTs and neither were eaten! that comment was for the infamous Peter Worthington....not the "normal" JRT owners...:crazy:

Low blow !!! But Peter deserves it .

babyrocky1
May 15th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Pics of Pittie Co-op walking off into the sunset! Hope this doesnt happen!

babyrocky1
May 16th, 2007, 12:00 AM
Hopefully this pic is bigger......

seeker
May 17th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Cool pic , when is the next big walk ? We will try to bring just the dog this time LOL.

babyrocky1
May 20th, 2007, 01:15 AM
we havent talked about it yet Seeker, theres so much going on with everyone... Woofstock is coming up and I think theres another thing in June as well.... It may have to wait til early July but Im going to bring it up at this weeks walk.... (BIN) and DLCC both have booths so that takes out alot of the Co-op members for that weekend as well as some time to plan for it.
Do you have any requests, it would be nice if we have Mumumum back with us as well, and I would like to talk to the woman who comes from Guelf, I will see her this wkend...
Its mostly when its convenient for the "out of towners" like yourselves though.

I wonder how people feel about the long weekend...the first of July?

We should definately get a few special walks going for the summer, I wonder though if we can put in a few early evenings once summer hits. Like possibly some Monday nights???
I wonder if we will do the vigil again this year as well, I think the Pittie Co-op will do our own again... Aaaand, we have the court date coming up June 14th... so its a busy month!

seeker
May 21st, 2007, 09:25 AM
June is busy for us too as is most of the summer.July 1st long weekend sounds good and early evening sounds even better just incase it is hot like it should be that time of year.
Mondays evenings are tough for us just because of the distance and timing. I start work @ 6am this time of year so late nights are tough during the week.
But don't just plan around us ,take into consideration what works for most people .As the group grows I am sure you will find it more and more difficult to find a good time for all and we will just have to somehow work it into our schedule. Zelda loves the walks with the other dogs and people so it is a high point in her life when we get down there ,she gets to walk alone alot here but there is no social aspect to it and we believe that it is extemely important for her and the other dogs on the banned list to remain socialialized and it is good for us too.

babyrocky1
May 23rd, 2007, 12:22 AM
Thre was a very successful Bully WAlk in Ottawa this weekend... yay Ottawa, sooo we thought it would be really, really, cool to get the "Toronto" group and the Ottawa group together in the middle somewhere, okay so we know were but were not saying hahahahhah
July 14th in the afternoon, anyone interested must be a RESPONSIBLE owner and have their dogs in compliance with whatever the law is that day... hmmm sarcasm cause we will have a court date before then.... Anyways, we are hoping for a huge turnout and will need lots of people willing to help others out with a ride... "pittie pooling" if you will.

Anyone wanting further details please pm me... If you have never attended a pit bull co-op walk before please check out the web site. www.pitbullcoop.2ya.com and read our mandate... also check out the pics!
We will also be doing another (3rd) candle light vigil around Aug 29th.... in rememberence of the wonderful bullies around the world who didnt survive BSL
Regular weekly walks will continue and "special afternoon " dates are still in the planning stages for the summer. (we didnt have a big enough group on the long weekend to make a plan)

seeker
May 23rd, 2007, 09:17 PM
That day looks good for us and we could take a passenger and dog as long as the dog will get along with Zelda. We will be heading down the 404 to 401 if anyone along the way or at least close to it wants a lift.

babyrocky1
May 24th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Fantastik Seeker, could you put that on the Yahoo Group as well and I will post it on BIN. We also have an offer for a liscenced driver of a car for the day...to pack full of bullies and responsible owners that is.... so far more cars than people with Bullies so lets hear from everyone!
There must be some poeople that havent been able to join us before that live between here and Ottawa.

Conners
June 14th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Hopefully this pic is bigger......

I've got some pictures of the Toronto Bullie Walk if you want them posted in the Co-op page Debbie.
Woofest is coming up soon isn';t it? I've been out of the picture breaking another anual body part so wayyyyyyy behind in mail. Hope you all have a grrrrrreat time with the dogs. Wish I could go too, but it's just wayyyy too far and I don't walk so go with the broken toe.

babyrocky1
June 15th, 2007, 12:42 AM
June is busy for us too as is most of the summer.July 1st long weekend sounds good and early evening sounds even better just incase it is hot like it should be that time of year.
Mondays evenings are tough for us just because of the distance and timing. I start work @ 6am this time of year so late nights are tough during the week.
But don't just plan around us ,take into consideration what works for most people .As the group grows I am sure you will find it more and more difficult to find a good time for all and we will just have to somehow work it into our schedule. Zelda loves the walks with the other dogs and people so it is a high point in her life when we get down there ,she gets to walk alone alot here but there is no social aspect to it and we believe that it is extemely important for her and the other dogs on the banned list to remain socialialized and it is good for us too.
So far the July 1st wkend is planned for Monday night BUT the may 24th wkend , despite my very best efforts of avoiding firework trauma turned disasterous.... Rocky freaked out the whole weekend and I as terrified at one point that I wouldnt be able to get him safely home... the coop will be discussing the plans for the long weekend on this wkends walk... in the mean time, can you guys do the weekend evenings now that they are at seven or are afternoons still better? some how I wasnt thinking about fireworks for the long wkend in July... ahhh Canada day, I forgot thats why we had a long weekend DUH!

babyrocky1
June 30th, 2007, 12:21 AM
Thre was a very successful Bully WAlk in Ottawa this weekend... yay Ottawa, sooo we thought it would be really, really, cool to get the "Toronto" group and the Ottawa group together in the middle somewhere, okay so we know were but were not saying hahahahhah
July 14th in the afternoon, anyone interested must be a RESPONSIBLE owner and have their dogs in compliance with whatever the law is that day... hmmm sarcasm cause we will have a court date before then.... Anyways, we are hoping for a huge turnout and will need lots of people willing to help others out with a ride... "pittie pooling" if you will.

Anyone wanting further details please pm me... If you have never attended a pit bull co-op walk before please check out the web site. www.pitbullcoop.2ya.com and read our mandate... also check out the pics!
We will also be doing another (3rd) candle light vigil around Aug 29th.... in rememberence of the wonderful bullies around the world who didnt survive BSL
Regular weekly walks will continue and "special afternoon " dates are still in the planning stages for the summer. (we didnt have a big enough group on the long weekend to make a plan)
Come on people... we must have some folks that live in betweeen Ottawa and Toronto, that have wanted to attend the Pittie Co-op but wre too far away... nows your chance!!!
this weekends walk is cancelled due to potential firework trauma.... next weekends Tornto walk is Sunday at seven, pm me for location and the BIG BIG Road Trio and Bullie walk is on Saturday 14th .... half way between Ottawa and Tornto LOL:pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint:

babyrocky1
June 30th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Sara Dog I think you should come!:dog: :dog: :dog: :highfive:

rainbow
June 30th, 2007, 03:03 AM
Bumping up post.

babyrocky1
June 30th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Come on people... we must have some folks that live in betweeen Ottawa and Toronto, that have wanted to attend the Pittie Co-op but wre too far away... nows your chance!!!
Picture Yourself and dog HERE!

babyrocky1
June 30th, 2007, 08:21 PM
:crazy: Okay, what about here?????????

babyrocky1
June 30th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Or here, Imagine how much longer the pic would be if YOU and YOUR dog were in it!!!!!!

ChancesMom
June 30th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Hi!

I really do live too far away... on the east coast of the US... but it sure looks like fun!

I wonder if posting in the General On-Topic section would help? Your post might be a little lost over here...

I hope that you get some newbies in your group! :pawprint:

babyrocky1
June 30th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Thanks Chances mom, we wish you were closer too but you wouldnt want to live in Ontario thats for sure and thankyou Rainbow for bumping up the posts!

rainbow
July 1st, 2007, 01:54 AM
Hi!

I really do live too far away... on the east coast of the US... but it sure looks like fun!

I wonder if posting in the General On-Topic section would help? Your post might be a little lost over here...

I hope that you get some newbies in your group! :pawprint:

I also think you should post this in the "general info forum" where it would get lots more exposure. Good luck with the walk. :fingerscr :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

babyrocky1
August 4th, 2007, 12:44 AM
http://caveat.blogware.com/blog/_archives/2007/8/2/3136562.html
Come on everyone lets get the politicians making some commitments its TIME... October 10th will be here shortly!

Copper'sMom
August 5th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Pittie Co-op walk TODAY!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to come and see Rocky!!!!!!!:cloud9:

babyrocky1
April 1st, 2008, 11:24 PM
Hey all, we took about a month off for the birth of babies and a few doggy ilnesses but weekly walks will resume this Sunday night.... pm me for details and locations!

babyrocky1
May 7th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Come on guys... Pittie Co-op Walks continue! Once again, you don't need to have a bullie to walk with us.. all breeds and dogless peeps welcome... we always need some extra hands!
Pm me for details!

babyrocky1
May 13th, 2008, 10:55 AM
The Sunday night after the long weekend.. I think its the 25th.... is our next walk so this is lots of notice.. who is u p or i t....Palease????????:pray::dog:

babyrocky1
May 13th, 2008, 11:03 AM
The Sunday night after the long weekend.. I think its the 25th.... is our next walk so this is lots of notice.. who is u p or i t....Palease????????:pray::dog: