Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Whats the deal with my mood swings?

erykah1310
August 15th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Hey y'all, just curious.... any of the other female members have mood swings for ABSOLUTELY no reason???
Today ( in the last hourish to narrow it down) I have felt angry, discouraged, happy , hyper, sad, and well thats kinda where im stuck now.

Its not a PMS thing... Nothing has changed in my life in the last month or so.
There is no one around ( home alone as always)

Whats the deal???????

Prin
August 15th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Have you had a regular blood test lately? My thyroid crap made me really moody...

Are you on the pill? Some of the pills that have varying doses over the course of the month can cause mood swings, and others that have androgen in them can cause rushes of aggression (I can't take those at all..:o I become the Hulk...).

erykah1310
August 15th, 2006, 06:31 PM
nope not on pill, ( or any medications for that matter) and my thyroid has been tested ALOT! ( long story on attempting to achieve pregnancy for 3 years :frustrated: )

I get these notions to do something and then when i am about to do it my mood changes and thats it for me, sit here and surf and type.:yell:

Im going to play with the doggies again, they always can cheer me up ( or atleast comfort me )

Prin
August 15th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Are you depressed?

jesse's mommy
August 15th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Could you be pregnant?

rainbow
August 15th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Sounds like anxiety/depression to me. They both have almost the same symptoms. Unless, like jesse's mommy said....pregnant.

Frenchy
August 15th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Erykah,I was like that last week,the whole week!And it wasn't pms either. Maybe it's in the air??

Writing4Fun
August 15th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Umm.....at the risk of totally insulting you ('cause I don't know your age :o )...could it be pre-menopause? :eek: I know some people who start suffering pre-menopause in their late 30's/early 40's. :shrug:

jesse's mommy
August 15th, 2006, 08:02 PM
Actually W4F, I've heard that there are cases where it has actually started in the mid 20's. :eek:

(At one time I was hoping I was one of them so I never had to get my monthly visitor again. For a couple of years it was rather painful and I was moody beyond belief.)

Prin
August 15th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Maybe you're in heat? :D

Is it a new thing or has it been going on for a while?

Frenchy
August 15th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Umm.....at the risk of totally insulting you ('cause I don't know your age :o )...could it be pre-menopause? :eek: I know some people who start suffering pre-menopause in their late 30's/early 40's. :shrug:
I totally tough it was it for me last week! But I feel better now.(thank dog)

technodoll
August 15th, 2006, 09:42 PM
might be something in the air. been feeling like shyte the past couple of days, blue all day yesterday (hate mondays, grumble grumble) and up and down today.. happy, spaced out, giddy, sad, hungry, nauseous... a crazy wonderland ride. thankfully getting everything checked out in October, will ask my gp for every blood test imaginable :evil: cuz this is just stooopid! so girl, i feel for you... hope the doggies made you feel better? :cloud9:

Prin
August 15th, 2006, 11:15 PM
Scaryyy... Don't drink the water here.. Might make you preggers like Erykah, Technodoll and Frenchy.:eek: :eek:

technodoll
August 16th, 2006, 08:31 AM
preggers with a demon who swallowed a helium balloon! grumble grumble :mad: it was soooo hard to get up this morning to come work. i just wanted to hide under the covers, watch soaps all day and drink coffee. what is WRONG with me?? :eek: is it barometric pressure thingie? :frustrated:

joeysmama
August 16th, 2006, 03:41 PM
It could be food issues that you aren't even aware of. Additives in food can make some people have really wild mood swings. So can sugar.

Try eating only whole foods for a while. Nothing processed. If it comes in a box or a bag don't eat it. Drink water like it's going out of style. Eat fruits, veggies, whole grains like brown rice, and oatmeal. Fish and chicken. (Fresh, not from a box or a window:) ) Don't have anything with processed sugar. Satisfy sweet cravings with maple syrup, honey and things made with those.

It can't hurt--may help. I find that it evens out my moods a lot if I'm very careful with my diet. Treat my body ike a temple and all that. (Not that I don't defile the temple from time to time with a good old greasy dinner, and some crummy unhealthy foods, but believe me--this does help !!)

technodoll
August 16th, 2006, 05:49 PM
i can't speak for anyone else, but the past 10 days i have been *very* careful with my diet, eating super well and ditching all junk food. and i feel worse than ever. is it detox?? :confused:

Prin
August 16th, 2006, 06:04 PM
is it detox?? De-choc... You need to replenish your chocolate stores.:D

Frenchy
August 16th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Scaryyy... Don't drink the water here.. Might make you preggers like Erykah, Technodoll and Frenchy.:eek: :eek:
nooooooooo,don't even joke about it!

erykah1310
August 16th, 2006, 08:45 PM
Thanks for all the little advice kinda things, really appreciated it.
However No not preggers ( 100 % sure)

Everything Techno said is EXACTLY how i feel.

I too did NOT want to get out of my comfy bed, and wanted to stay home and watch movies on the couch with my pjs on ALL DAY!!

Must be something to do with Barometric pressure. only affecting some of us.

However today in the afternoon, i kinda cheered up and went to camp again with the doggies. Had a nice relaxing evening fishing. And well lets hope the mood stableizes ( no clue how to spell that one) and keeps up for tomorrow. ITS PAYDAY!!! HEHE, if im depressed I hit pet stores and shoe stores :o AND GO NUTS!!!!:eek:

technodoll
August 16th, 2006, 09:10 PM
HEHE, if im depressed I hit pet stores and shoe stores AND GO NUTS!!!!

heck i've been doing that for the past 10 days, LOL! bought so many new clothes... but still wearing alll my old crap... new stuff not even unpacked. WHAT is WRONG with me! :frustrated:

thank god for this long camping weekend,... we leave Friday morning & back Sunday night. gosh i'll miss you guys (no internet there). but i'll have a few photos i'M sure... my brother will be there too! :D

Prin
August 16th, 2006, 10:44 PM
It's also that the days are really starting to get noticeably shorter now... It seems to start to get dark at around 7 now..

btw, I've been joking that there's something in the water for a while now because everybody seems to be getting preggers all at the same time... But then I started thinking... Less babies means less tax payers, right? So how would they get all the girls who are on the pill to procreate? Uh huh. The WATER. They just have to put some antibiotics in the water, because any girl knows antibiotics kill the pill's effects, right? **nods suspiciously**
(If I die suspiciously of cardiac arrest, you'll know it's true. :eek: )

Skryker
August 16th, 2006, 11:48 PM
:evil: If you see a lot of black cars around, keep a close eye out, Prin...hopefully you'll have enough time to type "Hmmm, Alex Trebec and Jesse Ventura are coming up my walk and they look like they're dressed for court" and then we'll know for sure what happened! *nods mysteriously and tries to look wise, sitting in the secret bunker in her basement*:D

Seriously, must be barometric pressure or something. I've had the same lack of ambition lately. dragging around feeling yuck. Thought it was a sinus infection-nope. Doesn't seem like any other known health issue, either. Maybe we all have West Nile? The skeeters have feasted on me pretty good this summer.

Prin
August 16th, 2006, 11:53 PM
lol probably.. And then even though west nile is a virus, they'll give us more antibiotics so we procreate even more! :eek:

Uhh... Alex Trebe-
*operation timed out while waiting for the poster to finish post*

:crazy:

Skryker
August 17th, 2006, 12:02 AM
:eek: *triple locks bunker door and hides under cot*

Prin
August 17th, 2006, 12:04 AM
lol you're supposed to put a beer bottle on your door knob too.

Oh, wait... I'm abducted. I forgot.:p

Skryker
August 17th, 2006, 12:06 AM
That's OK. I know it's not you, but a cleverly constructed robot clone. ;)

Prin
August 17th, 2006, 12:07 AM
ooo does that mean I won't have mood swings ever again? ooo and no thyroid crap? oooooo:cloud9:

Frenchy
August 17th, 2006, 05:54 PM
thank god for this long camping weekend,... we leave Friday morning & back Sunday night. gosh i'll miss you guys (no internet there). but i'll have a few photos i'M sure... my brother will be there too! :D
have a nice week end :D