Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

DOGO rescues?

.unknown.
August 15th, 2006, 05:39 PM
a friend of mine has a dogo that she needs to find a home or rescue for.
she cannot keep him, her current dogo wants to fight him all the time.

He's 10mos. old and deaf!

technodoll
August 15th, 2006, 05:42 PM
is this dogo in Alberta?...

.unknown.
August 15th, 2006, 05:45 PM
yes he lives in alberta

erykah1310
August 15th, 2006, 05:46 PM
They are quite a rare breed arent they? I dont think there is many rescues for them, YET ( previous thread re: dogos coming to mind right now:frustrated: ) However , I do hope that someone can help your friend out, lets just hope out of desperation the poor dog doesnt end up in the wrong hands.

technodoll
August 15th, 2006, 05:54 PM
this is Magu, right?... i thought Angel liked him, saw photos of them playing together... but i know Magu needs a forever home, he's a beautiful boy and his foster mom is amazing. :fingerscr for him... ps: i thought someone on the dogoboard was asking about him today or yesterday? good luck!

Puppyluv
August 15th, 2006, 06:55 PM
this is Magu, right?... i thought Angel liked him, saw photos of them playing together... but i know Magu needs a forever home, he's a beautiful boy and his foster mom is amazing. :fingerscr for him... ps: i thought someone on the dogoboard was asking about him today or yesterday? good luck!

Who's magu? who's angel? What's the dogoboard?
I haven't seen him on hear in AGES, but Torodogo, although in Ontario might have some knowledge of rescues.

jesse's mommy
August 15th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Torodogo swore this board off. :(

Puppyluv
August 15th, 2006, 07:26 PM
oh that's too bad :(

~michelle~
August 15th, 2006, 07:51 PM
we were looking to into adopting a deaf dogo but most of the rescues for them are located in the states. :( but good luck! maybe if you look in to an animals with disabilities or a deaf dog rescue instead they would be of help (and they usually have seen alot of dogos)
good luck!:fingerscr

jesse's mommy
August 15th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Huh? I'm confused. This was started this evening. :p

technodoll
August 15th, 2006, 08:00 PM
sorry for my cryptic post... not even sure if this is the same dogo! but i know of one in Alberta who was looking for a home... good news posted today on the dogo forum, he got adopted! finally! his name is Magu. However I don't know if this is the same dog we're talking about... :shrug:

Puppyluv
August 15th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Huh? I'm confused. This was started this evening. :p
I think Michelle was looking at the join date of Unkown (2004) thinking it was the thread date.

.unknown.
August 16th, 2006, 11:10 AM
If his owner has another Dogo named Angel then it is probably the same dog.
At least i hope so.

technodoll
August 16th, 2006, 11:31 AM
then this is the same dogo we are talking about... and he's been adopted!
:crazy:

mafiaprincess
August 16th, 2006, 09:53 PM

Seemed like a byb.. Not sure I'd want him to be trying to rescue anyone's dogo after that whole thread was hashed out..

Glad Magu found a home though. Deaf dogs make me super sad, of any breed. :(

technodoll
August 16th, 2006, 10:01 PM
here are photos of Magu, if anyone is interested :)

http://www.dogo.org/message_boards/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5290

Prin
August 16th, 2006, 11:03 PM
Seemed like a byb.. Not sure I'd want him to be trying to rescue anyone's dogo after that whole thread was hashed out.Yeah, that was a sad ending... :( Pups for profits after spending a week trying to convince us otherwise.:sad:

I'm glad this one got a home though. :fingerscr that it's a good one.

mafiaprincess
August 16th, 2006, 11:03 PM
I love the action shots. He's a real beauty. Wow.

~michelle~
August 17th, 2006, 04:39 PM
silly me i was looking at the join date..... Im clumsy.... oopsy! never mind me and my antics.