Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

will i need different foods for my two boys

~michelle~
August 15th, 2006, 05:46 PM
hello yet another food question. since my husky pup will soon be an adult i was wondering what would be a good food for him? he'll be about 80lbs when hes fully grown, will he a specialized food or is a quality dog food good enough of all breeds? i also have my spaniel cross im thinking of switching to wellness or innova. any suggestions?
Michelle

erykah1310
August 15th, 2006, 06:09 PM
All three of my dogs have different foods, One has senior lite food, one has high energy adult and the other has large breed adult.

I believe that each individual dog, needs its own individual food.

~michelle~
August 15th, 2006, 07:05 PM
thank you.. ive just noticed that some brands dont offer such a selection.(at least in theocuple of stores ive been in) and the big chain stores that do offer that sort of variety havent had a good quality food

rainbow
August 15th, 2006, 07:22 PM
There is no need to feed a different food to each dog, unless of course, one can't eat what the other does. Find a good quality food they both do well on....it's usually not that hard.

Canidae All Life Stages is a good food and cheaper than some of the others out there which is nice when you're feeding more than one large dog. :dog: :pawprint:

Prin
August 15th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Canidae has all-life stages foods. They'd be good for your doggies.:)

erykah1310
August 15th, 2006, 07:26 PM
:offtopic: a little

Prin, how did you learn all your ever so usefull and greatly appreciated pet food knowlege?

Prin
August 15th, 2006, 07:29 PM
lol my dogs. :D They are so hard to feed individually, and I didn't want to have multiple foods either...

Here's the all life stages canidae: http://www.canidae.com/dogs/all_life_stages/dry.html

rainbow
August 15th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Michelle, I just wanted to add, hold off on the Wellness for now. There is a bit of controversy right now regarding menadione sodium bisulfite (Vitamin K3) as an ingredient in their food. Also, some people on another forum have said their food is causing kidney failure. The company (Old Mother Hubbard) has been emailed about both but, so far, no answers have been received.

Innova is a good food though. :dog: :pawprint:

~michelle~
August 15th, 2006, 08:37 PM
thanks so much for the warning about wellness!!! i wouldnt want my babies to get that! now that i think about that I do remember reading something about it on the forum... the lady at the nearest store was raving about it (and she did seem to take a genuine intersest in my pets well being, although i guess thats their job to sell)

Prin
August 15th, 2006, 09:04 PM
The bad wellness news is just starting to spread. It could be that she just didn't know yet. Wellness used to be a very good food (and might still be once these rumors are cleared up).

rainbow
August 15th, 2006, 10:21 PM
I sure wish we could get them cleared up. I still haven't received an answer from the email I sent re the menadione on August 4th. :frustrated:

I'm going to email them again and I wonder if it may help if some of you others out there do the same. Not only regarding the menadione but also the kidney failure issue. Perhaps, if they get enough of people bugging them, they'll give someone a response. :frustrated: