Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

abandoned beagle

chickadeewoods
August 15th, 2006, 01:58 PM
My neighbour has been feeding, watering and walking a purebred unneutered 1 yr old beagle up the road. It has been tied constantly and gets wound around a tree and is out in all kinds of weather, thunderstorms etc.. It's owner does not come home for 5 days at a time. The owner found a home not much better than it's original. It was taken there and found it's way back. It was taken again and has not been seen. We are hoping it will return and my neighbour will look after it. I have sent a few e-mails to rescue groups hoping they will take it. Otherwise who do I call, as I've heard animal control and humane societies use animals for research. Don't know what to do. Any help would be appreciated.I live in the Grey/Bruce area near Collingwood Ontario.

chickadeewoods
August 16th, 2006, 07:47 PM
It looks as though the beagle has found a new home with an older couple. Last I heard he was out for a car ride and then came home and slept on a cushion in the house. Far cry from his life on a leash wound around the tree and hungry. There are some good people in this world. Lets hope it all works out for him in the long run.

LibbyP
August 16th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Thats great news for the little guy, hope this is a furever home! As for the Humane Society whether they are an affiliate or a branch of the OSPCA they do not use their animals for research. I cannot speak for the animal control for your area, if in the future you have concerns like this give the investigations department at your H.S. a call, you do not have to leave your name and the owner of the animal will never find out who made the complaint. Animals/children need more people out there who are not afraid to stick up for them, we live in a very cruel society and the weakest suffer the most:pawprint:

rainbow
August 16th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Glad to hear he's found a new home and sounds like it will be a loving one that he deserves. :thumbs up