-->

Dog Adoption Day-hotdog Sale Mtl

poodletalk
August 14th, 2006, 09:46 PM
"Have a dog - adopt a dog Day"

SPCA Monteregie will be having a dog adoption day and hotdog sale on

September 16th at the Nuns Island dog park at the LaFontaine Park on

Berlioz and O'reilly from 11:00-3:00

Dogs and pups will be available of all sizes, breeds and age! All animals are sterilized and vacinated.

Great opportunity to meet Linda Robertson Director and Founder of the SPCA Monteregie!

All proceeds from the hotdog sale will go directly to the care of the 250 dogs and 75 cats in the care of the SPCA Monteregie.

If you need directions on how to get to the dogpark or you would like to volunteers as a dogwalker or lunch table help...please send me a pm.
www.spcamonteregie.com

Approved by Administration

poodletalk
August 23rd, 2006, 08:35 PM
bumping up the thread: thumbs up

Prin
August 23rd, 2006, 10:26 PM
Hey, Poodletalk, when we were at the SPCA, there was a very small dog that looked like a tiny german shepherd... She had really delicate bone structure, with pointy ears and sort of german shepherd coloring, but was only about 2 feet tall... She was really obedient and polite.. I'm just wondering if she ever got adopted... Is there any way to know? She probably has been adopted though, she was so sweet.

poodletalk
August 24th, 2006, 06:36 AM
Do you remeber the dogs name? If so, I will check for you.

Generally, small dogs get adopted quickly. If she was small AND well behaved the chances are she was adopted.

Prin
August 24th, 2006, 11:41 AM
No, I don't... There were only one or two women there to help and swarms of people... We didn't get to ask too many questions.

Puppyluv
August 24th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Prin, was it a full sized dog with stubby legs? Because I saw one just like that the other day.. can't imagine they're too common.

Prin
August 24th, 2006, 01:15 PM
No, if you took a pic of her and didn't know her size, she'd look like a delicate, lean german shep. Very fine boned, with a tiny body.

jiorji
August 24th, 2006, 01:37 PM
she had also been fostered the lady said.
I can remember the lady saying "oh you want a dog that gets along with cats?? well ----- was fostered in a house with cats" but the name i just cannot remember

lisa?? i don't think that was it....

poodletalk
September 8th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Don't forget, next Saturday is the "adopt a dog and have a dog" event for the SPCA Monteregie.

If you have nothing to do that day, pass by, say Hi, pat a dog, have a hotdog and a drink.

Prin
September 8th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Hey it's soon! I won't be able to go that day (exam :rolleyes: ) but good luck! :) :fingerscr

poodletalk
September 8th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Pass by after the exam,

hotdogs 1.00$ drinks 1.00$

Prin
September 8th, 2006, 03:42 PM
lol no, it's an all day exam for the govt... :rolleyes:

I hope lots of Nun's Islanders adopt though.:)

poodletalk
September 16th, 2006, 04:05 PM
:thumbs up Quick Update:
Our event was a HUGE success!!! :D :dog:

chico2
September 16th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Poodletalk,that's great!!! Lots of dogs got adopted??Lots of Hotdogs sold?

poodletalk
September 16th, 2006, 07:23 PM
We sold out on hotdogs and we got ALOT of dogs adopted in high quality homes. :dog:

We will get more dogs adopted in the coming days because of this event.:thumbs up

Prin
September 16th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Yey! :highfive: