Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Our new addition

trippincherri
August 13th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Well we went and got a new puppy, he is a Basset Hound/Rottweiler mix...quite a weird mix I know. We named him Shamus (pronounced shame-us), and he a VERY smart puppy he is only 9 weeks old and already tells us when he needs to go outside, loves his crate (most of the time) and shakes a paw. I hope he turns out to be as mild mannered as a Basset but the protectiveness of a Rotti.

Prin
August 13th, 2006, 10:18 PM
He's adorable!! I love that puppy fur.:)

LibbyP
August 13th, 2006, 10:20 PM
OOOOh Very Cute, hey there is a new member that has the same mix, (Q) will you have to worry about weight and legs? What a very smart boy already knowing where to potty, good boy, enjoy and have fun

trippincherri
August 13th, 2006, 11:28 PM
Thanks...yes he is adorable with his scruffy puppy fur.
The vet was in total love with him when I took him in for his shots....and she said I would have to watch his weight because both sides of his lineage can have weight problems.
I was hoping he'd be easy to housebreak and he is proving to be, we have a small yard and one corner of it is designated for the dogs and he has caught on to this very quickly. Here is a better one of him so you can sorta see how stubby his little legs are. He is 9 weeks old 11 1/2 lbs. His body is very long when he stretches out, he reminds me of a dachsund/rottweiler more then anything. We have nicknamed him sausage lol.

Skryker
August 14th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Awww, what a sweetie!:love: Congrats on the new baby.

AliSam
August 14th, 2006, 09:05 PM
What a cutie! Congrats!

Bushfire2000
August 14th, 2006, 11:25 PM
He's so beautiful congratulations.

Cinnabear
August 16th, 2006, 12:29 AM
He is such a cute puppy.:crazy:

rainbow
August 16th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Oh, he is soooo cute. And what a mix indeed.....would love to see pics when he is mature. :dog: :pawprint: