Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Said Goodbye to My Sister

Joey.E.CockersMommy
August 13th, 2006, 06:04 PM
Hi All,

Feeling a bit blue right now. I found out last week that my sister has terminal cancer. She was diagnosed almost two years, after fighting like hell - the disease is finally taken over her body. She has about 6 weeks left now. One thing it hasnt taken though is her spirit and sense of humour. During our visit we shared some laughs and some jokes and talked about the good times. She is at peace with the fact she is near the end - and have asked to say goodbye to her brothers and sisters. After that her remaining days will be spent with her family. May the rest of your days be peacful sis

:pray: :D

LavenderRott
August 13th, 2006, 06:05 PM
((((((hugs)))))

erykah1310
August 13th, 2006, 06:10 PM
im happy that you had a good visit with her.
Many many hugs

Skryker
August 13th, 2006, 07:09 PM
:sorry: .:grouphug: . I'm glad your sister can face things with calm and humour. It is a great gift for her to give to her loved ones. :grouphug:

cpietra16
August 13th, 2006, 07:16 PM
I'm glad you had a good visit. Your sister sounds like she has so much spirit and strength within..:grouphug:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
August 13th, 2006, 08:08 PM
just passing this on

Here is what my sister would want me to do so I will pass it on

hug a child, hug your pet
have a cocktail with a friend, call people on their birthdays, and be a good friend
help some on less fortunate - or more fortunate than you
tell a dirty joke or two that will offend at least three people
and live life to its fullest and no matter what happens always keep you spirit

thanks so much for all your kind words :)

Writing4Fun
August 13th, 2006, 09:22 PM
:grouphug: I can't imagine what you're going through right now. My heart goes out to you and your family. I admire your sister for her strength and courage. The sentiment that you posted is something everyone should take to heart. Unfortunately, it's something all too easy to forget. Thanks for reminding us. :grouphug:

chico2
August 13th, 2006, 09:44 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your sister,she must be a wonderful person if she is anything like you:love:
I believe if we are faced with the inevitable,we gain an inner strenght and maybe even peace as your dear sister obviously has:love:

mummummum
August 13th, 2006, 10:08 PM
I'm so very sorry JECM ~ losing someone so dear is one of the most difficult things we face. There are some people, who, when they leave this life, their absence is felt more keenly, our feelings of loss are somehow deeper. And yet because they have been such a gift to us, our feelings of sorrow are balanced by remembrances of the mischief, the wisdom and the delight they brought to us and to their own lives. It sounds like your sis was one of those rare people we count ourselves blessed for having met. :grouphug:

Prin
August 13th, 2006, 10:20 PM
I'm so sorry. :grouphug: Your sister sounds like a great person.:grouphug:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
August 13th, 2006, 10:28 PM
Sis also has a twelve year golden named Eddie - that is a cancer survivor himself - poor Eddie he is really gonna miss his mom. :sad:

Prin
August 13th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Aww... :grouphug: :sad:

glasslass
August 13th, 2006, 10:51 PM
I'm so sorry about your sister! This time together is a real gift for both of you. There is so much to reminince, so much to say and plan. I wish I could have had warning and time to prepare before my mom died. This is a bittersweet time for you, but you're so lucky to have it. :grouphug:

Cinnabear
August 14th, 2006, 12:52 AM
I'm so sorry, I can't imagine loosing my sister. Many:grouphug: your way.

Dog Dancer
August 14th, 2006, 05:00 PM
So sorry to hear about your sister, she sounds like an inspiration though. How nice that you had a chance to say goodbye to her. I liked the list of things she'd want you to do. The one about telling a rude joke that would offend three people made me smile.

May she go swiftly and without pain and may you have many wonderful memories to heal your broken heart. :sorry: :grouphug:

rainbow
August 14th, 2006, 05:15 PM
So sorry to hear about your sister. :grouphug: She sounds like a wonderful person. :angel:

Frenchy
August 14th, 2006, 07:52 PM
I'm so sorry,your sister sounds like a very brave person :grouphug:

Melei'sMom
August 14th, 2006, 08:49 PM
:grouphug:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
August 14th, 2006, 09:07 PM
thanks everyone - I have a fond memory of my sister visiting us just last February. She was skating with my kids up at Silver Star and doing twirlies on the ice - she is such a better skater then me I thought - she pushed my kids all over the ice too in those little push things. :)

we3beagles
August 14th, 2006, 09:08 PM
I'm so sorry. Your sister sounds wonderful, sincere and wise. The world will be worse off when she passes. I'm glad you were able to let each other know how much you love one another. Be strong for her and take comfort from her strength. :grouphug:

AliSam
August 14th, 2006, 09:16 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your sister. I can't even imagine what you are going through right now.:grouphug:

Bushfire2000
August 14th, 2006, 11:11 PM
I'm very sorry about your sister. You are blessed to have the kind of relationship that will allow you to share with each other. God bless you and keep your sister safe in his arms. :angel:

joeysmama
August 15th, 2006, 12:41 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. My prayers are with you and with your sister and her family. It's terribly sad to lose the people we love.

doggy lover
August 20th, 2006, 04:43 PM
So sorry to hear about your sister, having 3 of my own I would hate to lose one of them. My thoughts are with you and your family. Spend as much time with her as you can and make that time special, find out if there is a special wish or some unfinished business that she would like done so that she will rest knowing that all is taken care of.:candle:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
August 20th, 2006, 05:38 PM
Thanks doggy Lover - I actually have four sisters. This sister is the one that looks out for everyone. She is the oldest girl of 8 children.

Eg: she will go visit my parents to see if they are okay, they are both in their late 80's, she will call us on our birthdays, if some of us arent getting along she is the one to try to make it right. Now she is in a position where she needs to be looked after - her daughter told her mom - its your turn now - let us look after you, you looked after us all these years.

I have offered to help in anyway I can. I live about 8 hours away from her though so its hard. We are keeping in touch by email - but I think I might change to snail mail - so she doesnt have to get up to go to the computer. Not sure if she has a lap top or not.

One thing she did inspire me to do though - is get involved with the relay for life and raise money for cancer - its not until next June - but I already have my name is and I am in the process of putting a team together.