Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Best SNL Moments....

jesse's mommy
August 13th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Well since we sort of threadjacked the Tallega thread, I thought I would open a new one specifically for SNL moments. So what are some of your favorite moments? You know you've seen the show and you know you have a favorite, so let's hear them. Here are some of mine -- in no particular order:

1. Church Lady with Sean Penn
2. Schwetty Balls with Alec Baldwin
3. Coffee talk with Madonna, Roseanne and Barbara Streisand
4. Michael Jordan in the sketch (can't remember the name), but the I'm good enough, I'm smart enough and gosh darnit, people like me.
5. Chippendale sketch with Chris Farley and Patrick Swayze
6. Jeopardy with Will Ferrell and "Sean Connery"
7. Most political sketches making fun of the presidents or their campaigns (especially BUSH both Dubya and Sr., OMG!!!) I remember cracking up laughing at a campaign skit between Dubya and Gore
8. Don't forget Dana Carvey as Carson
9. Deep Thoughts
10. Frank Sinatra Duets
11. The Cowbell with Will Ferrell and Christopher Walken (I need more cowbell!)
12. Of course John Belushi Samurai and the Blues Brothers (goes without mention)
13. Receptionist David Spade "And you are?????"
14. Richard Pryor and Chevy Chase -- look this one up if you don't know what I'm talking about!
15. Eddie Murphy -- I think it's Mr. Robinsons Neighborhood

There's a good start -- let's hear more or comment on these!!!

Prin
August 13th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Oh I love all those -especially the Chris Farley, Patrick Swayze one and Mr Robinson...
Mike Myers as Linda Richman (bahbrah- she's like butta!)
Hanz and Franz!! (We gonna pump YOU up!)
The skits of Bob Dole, where all he says is "Bob Dole!"
Chris Farley, motivational speaker- "You're gonna end up in a VAN down by the RIVER!"
I used to love Kevin Nealon doing the Update. That was the best.

hmm, I'm gonna have to think of more...

Prin
August 13th, 2006, 06:07 PM
ooo David Spade as the flight attendant- Ba bye!

LavenderRott
August 13th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Dan Akryod and Steve Martin - Two Wild and Crazy Guys
Any and all Rosanna Rosanna Danna news reports.

jesse's mommy
August 13th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Oh I just thought of another how about Dana Carvey imitating Dennis Miller doing the weekend update next to him. They were reading the night before christmas. I'm laughing again...

Prin
August 13th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Oh, wait, I forgot that Coffee talk was Linda Richman... :o

I liked Will Farrell as a cheer leader too. That was the only skit of that era that I enjoyed.:D

What's that? It's Pat.:D There was a skit where they were on a boat to America or something and Kevin Nealon says, "I've had sex with Pat many times, and I still don't know if he or she is a man or woman.":D

And the old land shark one.. Remember? "Candy gram..."

Prin
August 13th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Oh, is the Alec Baldwin one the same one where he says Anal Canal, but like anal caynal? I think he's a soap opera doctor or something?

jesse's mommy
August 13th, 2006, 06:37 PM
No this Alec Baldwin one was where is was on a radio show talking about his schwetty balls. It's seriously funny.

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7tCGWVf5Pw

jesse's mommy
August 13th, 2006, 07:37 PM
I had to post this. Jeopardy with Sean Connery and Burt Reynolds is my absolute favorite of all time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEgFETnuX3Y

Here’s a few more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPvtQZbTcRY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VyGaXobbNw&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfPhqSm86eU&mode=related&search=

Skryker
August 13th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Oh I just thought of another how about Dana Carvey imitating Dennis Miller doing the weekend update next to him. They were reading the night before christmas. I'm laughing again...

Or better still-3 Dennis Millers! Dana Carvey and Adam Sandler; they sang a round of Jingle Bells.

Dana Carvey as George Micheal-"Look at my butt, Dennis!"

Tonto, Frankenstein and Tarzan's seasonal greetings.

John Lovitz and Tales of Ribaldry-"OOOOOoooohhhh!!!!!!!!!! This is getting quite delicious!"

Danny DeVito and John Lovitz in a cowboy skit-"Ya shot me!"

Mike Meyers as Simon, who liked to do drawings.

Father Guido Sardoucchi.

John Malkovich parodying himself in Dangerous Liasions, accusing everyone of mocking him.

Josh Acid, a western skit of a cowboy with a unique weapon- "An acid is like a woman-a good one will eat right through your pants!"

Phil Hartman as Jean, the Anal-retentive Chef-if you ever see "Good Eats" on the Food Network, you'll die laughing. It's like seeing Jean all over again.

Glen Close singing a song about how John Lovitz just offended her on 9 different levels.
And finally, "Mel Gibson, Dream Gynacologist.":eek:

Prin
August 13th, 2006, 11:03 PM
I forgot about Simon! That was funny.

Also- any time Christopher Walken was on. He's so spooky that it makes it funny to see him trying to be funny.:D

BoxerRescueMTL
August 13th, 2006, 11:13 PM
HYPER HYPO!! - Mike Meyers and Nicole Kidman in the playground. So funny. When Vegas wears harness and jumps around like a maniac, we call him hyper hypo.
4. Michael Jordan in the sketch (can't remember the name), but the I'm good enough, I'm smart enough and gosh darnit, people like me.
Stuart Smalley! I loved him!!
Chris Farley, motivational speaker- "You're gonna end up in a VAN down by the RIVER!"
OMG this was the best skit. I still break out into Chris Farley monologues at random moments..

Prin
August 13th, 2006, 11:15 PM
lol whenever I try on something wayyy too small, I sing my own version of Chris Farley's "Fat man in a little coat" from Black Sheep... (Makes me feel better)

BoxerRescueMTL
August 13th, 2006, 11:19 PM
lol whenever I try on something wayyy too small, I sing my own version of Chris Farley's "Fat man in a little coat" from Black Sheep... (Makes me feel better)
HAHA! I am so gonna try that...

jawert1
August 13th, 2006, 11:25 PM
The Christopher Walken "Cowbell" skit, my absolutely most favoritist next to...

Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake doing the "Barry Gibb Talkshow"

Any of the Chris Farley "Motivational speaker" ones...

Celebrity Jeopardy w/ Sean Connery (s*&k it Trebek!)

Prin
August 13th, 2006, 11:30 PM
Sprokets!!! :D

mummummum
August 13th, 2006, 11:51 PM
Gilda Radner doing anything. Jane "You Ignorant Slut" Curtain. Dan Ackroyd's Julia Child. John Belushi's "Hamburger. NO Coke. Pepsi!".

gomez
August 14th, 2006, 08:20 AM
It's like Buttah!

Dan Aykroyd's "The Bass-O-Matic"

Julia Child and the chicken

Chevy Chase doing the news

Walken's "The Continental" - would you like some fine champagn-a?

Never Mind.....

Adam Sandler's "Opera Man"

Jane, you ignorant SLUT!

Rick C
August 14th, 2006, 01:09 PM
"Jane, you ignorant slut" would be my highlight, simply because it wasn't scripted and Jane Curtin couldn't believe it and was seriously po'ed on the air.

Dan Aykroyd: Hello, I'm Dan Aykroyd, station manager for Weekend Update. Last night, President Carter announced that the United States and Red China have agreed to establish full diplomatic relations starting January 1st. That will be the topic of tonight's Point-Counterpoint with Jane taking the pro-relations point and I will take the anti-relations counterpoint.

Jane Curtin: Dan, only a reactionary ass such as yourself could oppose full diplomatic relations with China. As President Carter said, it is a simple recognition of reality. How can we ignore eight hundred million people? But, then again, I guess it's your habit to ignore reality. You're a paranoid schizophrenic, Dan, whose politics are obviously born out of some buried infantile trauma. You hide from reality, constructing a hostile world to justify your own incapacity for love and compassion. Go ahead, Dan, live in your dark, lonely world. The rest of us will extend our hands in friendship to eight hundred million human beings, saying, "Hi! You do exist. Let's be friends."

Dan Aykroyd: Jane, you ignorant slut. My personality profile is not at issue here, any more than is your inability to achieve orgasm. The issue is Taiwan. How can we expect to have the confidence of any free nation when we stab one of our most faithful allies in the back. I suppose you'd like to conduct our foreign policy the way you conduct your private life, hopping from bed to bed with anyone that can do you some good. Then what do you have? An old, dried-out scuzz that no decent man would be seen with. Is that what you want for America? It's too late for you, Jane, but our country still has some dignity left, you hosebag!

Jane Curtin: Thank you, Dan! According to the American Psychological Association, people are more depressed and prone to suicide during Christmas than any other time during the year. Here to comment further is correspondent Roseanne Roseannadanna.

The transcript.

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/78/78iupdate.phtml

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

jesse's mommy
August 14th, 2006, 06:13 PM
I can't believe no one else mentioned my #14 above -- the Chevy Chase & Richard Pryor honkey sketch. It was such a pivotal turn and true landmark in television history. Has anyone seen this one? I just found it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk9ECvjma0E

I just adore Richard Pryor. I can watch anything with him over and over again.

Prin
August 14th, 2006, 06:55 PM
They're not even allowed saying most of that skit on tv now! I never saw that one before.

jesse's mommy
August 14th, 2006, 06:59 PM
That's why a lot of people think those SNL years were the best. They really got away with murder, but it also paved the way for a lot of shows today. SNL really has impacted and inspired today's television whether we want to believe it or not. They were the first show who dared to step over the line.

CyberKitten
August 15th, 2006, 12:54 PM
I liked Kevin N and the fake news the best - and parodies of politicians of course, lol and the Jane one, lol