Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Urine with No smell

kombatgirl
January 30th, 2004, 09:03 PM
I have 3 cats. As of late, I am finding lots of flooded areas..bedding, clothes etc. The crazy thing is this..the amount of urine in one spot is incredible, yet it has no smell. And..having three cats I am not sure which one is doing it and if this is a sign of a health problem.
Any input will be greatly appreciated!
Kom

Carina
January 31st, 2004, 05:46 AM
Well, the first thing you need to do when an animal starts urinating inappropriately is take urine samples to the vet to rule out UT/bladder infections. Peeing a lot, or peeing out of the box, is a common sign of this.
Also, are any of your cats elderly? I'm wondering about kidney problems, not uncommon in old cats. Though I think the pee is dark & stinky if that's the case. A vet consult first, to be sure though.
I know it will be more complicated with three cats!
Are you SURE it's pee? Could it be water from something, or a cat drinking really a lot & vomiting it up?

kombatgirl
January 31st, 2004, 01:00 PM
Good thoughts! My cats are all 9 years old. The one cat can drink 1/2 a cup of water at a time. But she is so lazy, I don't think it is her doing the "deed". The fluid is clear and odorless...very strange. thanks for your input!

anticowboyism
May 23rd, 2008, 10:56 PM
Did you ever figure out what was causing the odorless wet spots? One of my cats did this to my laundry today and I can't figure out what exactly she did.

hazelrunpack
May 23rd, 2008, 11:01 PM
Hi, anticowboyism. Welcome to the board!

This is a very old thread--from 2004. If you don't get any replies here, you could start another thread in the health forum with your question! I've unfortunately got no advice for you, my life being dominated by dogs. :D no kitty experience...but there are plenty of knowledgeable members that can help you out.

Dr Lee
May 24th, 2008, 12:25 AM
While this is an old thread - this is an important finding.

Consistent odorless urine is often associated with a polyuric state - commonly known as PU/PD (polyuria and polydipsia). In English, this means that the body is not able to concentrate the urine. There are roughly 12 different causes for this situation. Urinalysis to confirm a non concentrated urine and blood work are very, very important. Most of these conditions will progress to where more serious signs are seen. :pawprint: